if i relocate to new mexico from texas should I request a vaccine exemption form before I move and a homeschool question? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know the approval process for the exemption could take up to 60 days so would it be best to apply before moving? I have 1 homeschooled student and 1 public school student. I wouldn't want him to have to miss school while we wait. this is far off but just kicking around my options. for homeschool I don't have a copy of my diploma but do have my highschool transcript showing I graduated, would that count or should I obtain a copy if we move? thanks for any info smile.gif

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
#2 of 5 Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Maybe try this website: http://thsc.org/homeschooling-in-texas/ hopefully it can help you with homeschool stuff.  I think it's pretty easy to homeschool in Texas, relative to other states.

I have no idea about the vaccine exemption...I know a lot of people use the religious exemption quite a bit, but I have no idea how long that would take.  Perhaps one of the larger school districts would have some info on their website.  Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc.

Me (27) married to my DH (28) for 8 years.  Happy mama to babygirl.gif born May 2012!  Also,  parents to dog2.gif, chicken3.gif, and a rabbit. 

#3 of 5 Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I think the OP was moving from Texas to New Mexico.  I would get a copy of your diploma now (better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.)  Do you have an address in NM that you can have mail sent to?  I know that NM governmental entities do not want to deal with you until you reside in the state.  I would make sure your Texas exemption in current, and then file for the NM exemption as soon as you have an address in New Mexico.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#4 of 5 Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM

New Mexicans For Parental Rights and Freedom is a good FB group for this. I'm not a member, but other mom's I know are.Regs just changed again too. Good luck. Where are you moving to?
#5 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Most places/schools in NM will just take a copy of the notarized Objector's form that you *send* into the state, not the one that they send you back. Then when you get the copy back with the stamp on it, you can drop off a replacement copy to the school.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page