if i relocate to new mexico from texas should I request a vaccine exemption form before I move and a homeschool question? - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
tashantx's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know the approval process for the exemption could take up to 60 days so would it be best to apply before moving? I have 1 homeschooled student and 1 public school student. I wouldn't want him to have to miss school while we wait. this is far off but just kicking around my options. for homeschool I don't have a copy of my diploma but do have my highschool transcript showing I graduated, would that count or should I obtain a copy if we move? thanks for any info smile.gif

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
tashantx is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 5 Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM
casmer's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe try this website: http://thsc.org/homeschooling-in-texas/ hopefully it can help you with homeschool stuff.  I think it's pretty easy to homeschool in Texas, relative to other states.


I have no idea about the vaccine exemption...I know a lot of people use the religious exemption quite a bit, but I have no idea how long that would take.  Perhaps one of the larger school districts would have some info on their website.  Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, etc.

Me (27) married to my DH (28) for 8 years.  Happy mama to babygirl.gif born May 2012!  Also,  parents to dog2.gif, chicken3.gif, and a rabbit. 

casmer is offline  
#3 of 5 Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM
anj_rn's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of Spare Oom
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think the OP was moving from Texas to New Mexico.  I would get a copy of your diploma now (better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.)  Do you have an address in NM that you can have mail sent to?  I know that NM governmental entities do not want to deal with you until you reside in the state.  I would make sure your Texas exemption in current, and then file for the NM exemption as soon as you have an address in New Mexico.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
anj_rn is offline  
#4 of 5 Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
eabbmom's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Mexicans For Parental Rights and Freedom is a good FB group for this. I'm not a member, but other mom's I know are.Regs just changed again too. Good luck. Where are you moving to?
eabbmom is offline  
#5 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM
photochef's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Most places/schools in NM will just take a copy of the notarized Objector's form that you *send* into the state, not the one that they send you back. Then when you get the copy back with the stamp on it, you can drop off a replacement copy to the school.

photochef is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 17,892

35 members and 17,857 guests
bananabee , BirthFree , Dear_Rosemary , Deborah , Emilia.H , emmy526 , girlspn , hillymum , Hopeful2017 , jcdfarmer , JHardy , katelove , Katherine73 , kathymuggle , kellie1325 , lhargrave89 , LiLStar , mama24-7 , manyhatsmom , Michele123 , Mirzam , moominmamma , muffindolls99 , NaturallyKait , RollerCoasterMama , samina1 , seap3 , shantimama , Shmootzi , Skippy918 , Springshowers , StillMe , youngwife , zebra15
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.