Plano/Dallas mama who could help out?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-25-2013, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all :)

We have a strange request, but are hoping someone who understands can help out!

We have a family cow and she recently freshened for the first time! We're so excited to finally have our own safe and healthy source of raw milk! We live up in New York, but back in Feb. my husband had to travel to Plano for work. The kids and I went with him because we had never been to TX and we stayed some extra days and enjoyed our time there! While we were there we discovered Lucky Layla dairy in Garland and visited their farm store to buy some milk, yogurt, and butter! YUM!

Fortunately, the children LOVED the yogurt and it was the only plain yogurt they ever liked and would eat!

Unfortunately, the children won't eat any other type of yogurt now :(

I used one of the yogurts we flew back with us to inoculate store milk, but the strain died out before our cow freshened!

I've tried looking for a local similar alternative, nothing close. I've tried purchasing the strains of bacteria they use in their yogurt to recreate it and it tastes terrible! I just can't figure it out! UGH!

Sssoooo, long story short, we're desperately hoping that someone living down that way wouldn't mind running to the farm store for us and shipping us 6 little bottles of their plain drinkable yogurt! We will gladly pay for shipping, materials, and time/mileage!

They do have an online store, but they only sell cases and the shipping is around $50 for our area!!! OUCH!

If there's any raw-milk enthusiasts out there that can help us, please let us know!!! Thanks so much!!!

Laura :)

SAHM to 2twins.gif (twin DDs, 6). One on the way Aug 14' joy.gif!!! Looking forward to (again!): belly.giffemalesling.GIFbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif Looking forward to (1st time!): stork-suprise.gifhomebirth.jpgplacenta.gifencapsulation!
#2 of 3 Old 07-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Bumping for input. :)

#3 of 3 Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to update (couldn't figure out how to delete post!) that we are all set now, thanks! :)

SAHM to 2twins.gif (twin DDs, 6). One on the way Aug 14' joy.gif!!! Looking forward to (again!): belly.giffemalesling.GIFbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif Looking forward to (1st time!): stork-suprise.gifhomebirth.jpgplacenta.gifencapsulation!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page