High Risk OB Recs in Houston area - Mothering Forums
Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico > High Risk OB Recs in Houston area
Ahavati's Avatar Ahavati 07:23 AM 09-04-2013

I am currently in the hospital and diagnosed with DVT. So what was going to be my second home birth, is out the window. I need to find a high risk OB. One that can deal with DVT as I will be on blood thinner injections the rest of pregnancy.

What I'm looking for is someone more natural minded. Someone that will let me get as close to a HB in hospital as possible with my current condition. Minimal interventions unless absolutely needed. I am very upset about my HB. And this is something I'm going to have to come to terms with the rest of the PGcy. I'm currently going on 12 weeks. So I need to get some recs of a good Dr and get started contacting them.

Thanks in advance.

HappyHappyMommy's Avatar HappyHappyMommy 07:12 PM 09-09-2013

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

anj_rn's Avatar anj_rn 02:37 PM 09-12-2013

I do not have a Dr. recommendation, but you might try working backwards and looking at places to deliver hat might be more open to your approach.  I delivered at 2 different hospitals (with the same OB) and there was a huge difference in the staff, what was supported, and how I was treated.  I have heard good hings about the new Maternity center at TCH, their lactation consultants are awesome, and I like their midwife group.  I do not know the high risk OB docs, but you could call L&D there and ask to speak to one of the nurses.  They might have a rec. for you.  Good luck!!

Up