High Risk OB Recs in Houston area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-04-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am currently in the hospital and diagnosed with DVT. So what was going to be my second home birth, is out the window. I need to find a high risk OB. One that can deal with DVT as I will be on blood thinner injections the rest of pregnancy.

What I'm looking for is someone more natural minded. Someone that will let me get as close to a HB in hospital as possible with my current condition. Minimal interventions unless absolutely needed. I am very upset about my HB. And this is something I'm going to have to come to terms with the rest of the PGcy. I'm currently going on 12 weeks. So I need to get some recs of a good Dr and get started contacting them.

Thanks in advance.

Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and due with #6 3/2014

#2 of 3 Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I do not have a Dr. recommendation, but you might try working backwards and looking at places to deliver hat might be more open to your approach.  I delivered at 2 different hospitals (with the same OB) and there was a huge difference in the staff, what was supported, and how I was treated.  I have heard good hings about the new Maternity center at TCH, their lactation consultants are awesome, and I like their midwife group.  I do not know the high risk OB docs, but you could call L&D there and ask to speak to one of the nurses.  They might have a rec. for you.  Good luck!!

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page