NM vax exemptions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could someone give me the latest on this?  We may be moving quickly and I want to know what we need to do....

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have experiences to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM

The religious exemption is still going on, as far as I know.  I used it successfully in late August 2013, and it got approved.  The form is here: http://www.immunizenm.org/documents/2012_NM_School_Immunization_Exemption.pdf

Fill it up, use the wording that will get it approved (below), and make sure to NOT sign it until you are in front of the notary public.  Then photocopy it (for your records) and send it on to Santa Fe (address is right on the form).

The magical wordage, which worked well for many others and myself, goes as follows:

"As the parent of (kids' name), my religious beliefs, held either individually or jointly with others, do not permit the administration of vaccines or other immunizing agents."  

(Essentially, you are spitting the words back at them.  Health Dept. employees don't have authority to judge religious beliefs anyway.   And, in a separate mothering discussion, there was much hair-splitting about whether individually-held religious beliefs don't sound awfully close to philosophical beliefs, thus what we have here is a philosophical exemption in disguise.)

Good luck.  Let us know how it worked out for you.

#4 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll post when I get it done. smile.gif

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#5 of 6 Old 04-07-2014, 12:18 PM

I see that this is an old thread, but my husband is interviewing for a job in NM (we are in Connecticut right now).  Did this wording work?

#6 of 6 Old 04-07-2014, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

No worries!  There is no wording now, just check the box that says all this and you are good to go.  The only hard part is that for every place that needs it, they need their own copy that has to be sent to the state.  But otherwise, it has been easy peasy.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page