El Paso Post Partum Doulas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-12-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is shameful that, after working in the birth field in El Paso for 11 months, I have no idea about any of these resources! I blame the insanity of the birth clinic, but, really, there isn't much of an excuse. Anyway, help? I have an *awesome* client due 12/31/13 (any day now!) who would really benefit from a post partum doula. Seriously, I want to do it myself! Does anyone know of any doula groups, or any doulas at all who do post partum care? Extra bonus points if she's a doula still looking to fill numbers for certification, as this family is low income. Feel free to pm me instead of answering here, if you'd rather. 

And, since I'm on here, anyone who might have info about resources in Spanish? Everything from baby-wearing to ppd support groups, and anything else birth related... Most of our clients are from Juarez, and a number are from further afield (Chihuahua, Casas Grande, etc, etc), so cross-border resources also appreciated. 

So many thanks. 

For greater things are yet to come...

#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am in West Texas, "near" El Paso part time. I can try to find some people for you.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#3 of 5 Old 12-18-2013, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

That would be wonderful, ian's momaya! Thanks. :)

#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a doula in El Paso! I do both birth and postpartum work.
Www.oneworldyogabirthwellness.com
#5 of 5 Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I was slow to see this! I'm so glad you posted. :)

The client I was looking for help for has birthed and is out of care with us now, but it's always good to have a contact or two out there for when these needs pop up. 

Do you speak Spanish? Wanna drop some promo stuff off at the clinic?

Most of our clients leave their placentas with us to be incinerated, but many are at least interested to hear what you can *do* with a placenta. I think if someone would come pick it up and deal with it, that might be the tiny push they need. Would you be open to doing a little info session/Q&A sometime? Mondays and Fridays are our craziest days, so biggest target audience, but any day would work, really. It would have to be at least mostly in Spanish... If you're interested, let me know and I'll sort something out! :)

(also, hi. I just looked at your web page and I think you're the Amissa who pops up frequently on Mel's fb - we've spent a few nights up with labouring mamas at MLL together, she and I ;) )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page