Midwife in TX north ft worth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are trying for our second child. Lo right now is 14 months and still nursing. I would like to start going to a midwife in the area seeing as they are more open to our choices. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering. I hope your TTC journey goes well. It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 05-04-2014, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! We've been actively trying since January with no luck greensad.gif. Hope someone can share some information with us.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 PM

Have you read "taking charge of your fertility"? I found charting really helped me get a handle on my cycle. SInce you are still BF, I'm wondering if your fertility has returned? Just an antidote, My sisters fertility didn't return until she stopped BF 18 months PP.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't heard that yet. I have started seeing more people recommending it. Very interested to read it now. I started charting but a move happened, and I started slacking then just stopped. So I really need to be very persistent with charting. Great advice! I did see my on/gyn while I was having the month long period they thought that could be the return of my ovulation. But I need to take control and really find out more about my fertility. Thank you so much for the advice! Will def have to look/read "taking charge of your fertility"!
Old 05-14-2014, 01:49 PM

Our midwife works out of Gentle Beginnings in Hurst and Keller. Her name is Gina and she just started her own LLC called Origins Birth Services. They have a FB page if you want to look them up.

Also there is a birthing center that just opened up in Grapevine. I'm not sure what the name of it is though.

Blessings,

Krista

Quote:
Don't overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn't late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you...He's giving everyone space and time to change. -...

Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM

I'm in the same boat - currently I am researching our Midwife options. We have an appointment with Grapevine Birthing Center (Kim Daly) on Thursday, but I know there are a few more other options for North Texas. We live in Flower Mound, so I am really hoping the Grapevine option will pan out as it is the closest. I've read really mixed reviews on the Birth & Women's Center in Dallas on Swiss Ave, as well as the Inanna Birth & Women's Care out of Denton so I'm a little nervous to try either of them out - especially since they are a little further than I was hoping to go.

I'm going to check out Gentle Beginnings - do you really like your midwife?

Thanks! 

User Tag List