Choosing a Family Doctor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Choosing a Family Doctor

I've heard a lot of different things about vaccinations causing Autism in children. While I'm not a medical professional, I do believe that getting a professional medical opinion from your family doctor is beneficial before deciding not to vaccinate your children. Your family doctor can give you the best advice on a subject like this, especially since they might have information about your family history.

Family doctors can also help with issues such as diet and nutrition between children and adults. In some households, parents are going gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and many diets because it's claimed to be "healthy", and for adults it might be. However, before deciding to subject your children to this sort of dieting, ask your family doctor if this is acceptable for your children. Every child is different, and some children may not be getting all of the nutrients they need.

If you don't have a family doctor, or just need to find a new one, a good place to start is to check the website of your local health center. For instance, Lone Star Family Health Center which is local to me in Conroe, Texas, has a directory of their family doctors online, with photo, specialization info, and bio of each physician. It's a good way to gain insight into the practices, beliefs and medical stances of a doctor to help you narrow down choices.

Tags
conroe texas , Doctor , family doctor , looking for , physician

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page