cypress family practice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-31-2007, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wanted to give you a run down of my experience with this family practice . . .

for starters, they are a young married vietnamese couple. i saw her, and we saw him for kylie, and we like them both. they do not see infants younger than 3 mos.

at my visit i asked her whether they see non-vaxed patients. she said it isn't something she has encountered at this practice, but as long as the parents have made a well educated decision she has no problem with it. she never asked what research i've done, and didn't try to provide any info. she said in another practice she did encounter parents who wouldn't vax and who didn't believe in using medicine. she felt like there was really no reason for them to be seeing her if they wouldn't take the medicine when prescribed. asked whether they would do nb visit for home born baby and she told me they don't see infants younger than 3 mos. said it is too time consuming to have to do all the nb hospital visits.

fast forward to kylie's appt. he had no knowledge of my conversation with her. didn't ask anything about well visits or vax until i asked for her weight to be plotted since she hasn't seen a doc since 9 mos. he then asked if she was up to date on vax. i said no. a little puzzled he said "well you need to get that taken care of as soon as you can" at first i just nodded my head and said ok. then i said "i talked with dr hoang and she is ok with seeing the kids w/o vaxing" he said "ok so you don't . . .ok" and that was the end of it. no condescension, no questions asked.

as for ebf, he didn't even skip a beat when i mentioned kylie is bf. at my appt with her she was a little caught off guard, but not really in a negative way. she said "wow, you are almost doing too good" asked about my weaning plans only because it was pertinent to my medication issue. she was fine with that and simply worked around it, finding safe med options.

from my limited experience he was very conservative on prescribing abx unless there was a well defined and documented need.

hmm, any questions? dh liked them a lot as well

Nancy Hoang, Khanh Ngo
(281) 859-2334
8955 Hwy. 6 North
Suite 120
Houston, TX 77095
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Was wondering if you've had any further visits? Feeling the same way.

Anyone else have any experience with this practice??

For Houston, just having a ped/GP who doesn't kick you out for refusing vax is a pretty good deal.
#3 of 5 Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 PM

I have been using Cypress Family Practice for two years now, usually when I get sick. I really like them. Both doctors are kind and listen to all my complaining. I do not have kids of vax age, so I cannot speak to that issue specifically, but they have been more than accomodating with other issues...so I would recommend them.

note to self...next time ask them about vaxing...

BTW-they are incredibly good with scheduling and I have never had to wait for more than a few minutes to be seen.
#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2008, 08:49 PM

As it turns out my daughter took her 2 yo in to see them on Saturday. Dr. Ngo did not bat an eye when she said they are choosing not to vax. He told her you can get some pretty serious stuff from vaccines

I think we can safely assume that if you need to take your little one to the dr and you don't want to be chided for not vaxing, Cypress Family Practice is a good option.
#5 of 5 Old 08-24-2008, 01:30 AM

does anyone happen to know if they accept medicaid?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page