delayed vax friendly doctor in DFW area? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
could someone send me this list? I'm trying to find delila rioja's practice to no avail
#32 of 54 Old 09-06-2008, 11:40 PM

I am in Mansfield and just recently started seeing Sharon Dennis in Arlington. She was really great. She was totally fine with our decision to delay-vax. She used to be a midwife and seems to be much more natural minded. She was great with all of my kids as well.
#33 of 54 Old 09-07-2008, 04:49 PM

If it's not a problem, could I get the list also?? thank you

SAHMhomeschool.gif: to LCjog.gif (6-08) GJsuperhero.gif (3-06) KDREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif (3-04) and a new little on one the way1sttri.gif: and :megan, henrie, and apple and wife to BD for 12years now!!
#34 of 54 Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 AM

Bumping because I didn't ever get a list. Does any one have a list?

I've been so-so with our ped. She always suggest doing multiple shots, and I always insist that no, I will only do 2 at a time. I could ignore that, but today in that stupid page they give me to tell me what's going on with the baby, they had some advice about sleeping. You'll never guess what they suggested, cry it out. Ugghhh, I really want another dr.
#35 of 54 Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 AM

Where are you located? I don't have a list but I have a vax friendly doc. We don't vaccinate at all. I'm in Plano and see Dr. Bain in Frisco. www.healthykidspediatrics.com For those who delay she will go on whatever schedule you choose (or so she has said). She told us she gets the single vial vaccines and researches to get the best ones out there.

Jennifer
SAHM to DS 6/2007 and one on the way due in October
#36 of 54 Old 09-10-2008, 01:56 AM

Thank you! Unfortunately I think that we're a little too far, we're in Fort Worth.
#37 of 54 Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLes View Post
I have a whole Excel document for more "alternative friendly" peds/DO in the DFW area. This the names on the list that might be closest to you.
I dont know them all personally--but they some how got their names on this list of being docs who were ok with some alternative thinking. I just started calling the ones in my area and asked about insurance,their views on vaccinations, home birth, breastfeeding and antibiotics--and found one that I love. ( but I am in north fort worth and I doubt you want to drive all that way!)

So hope this helps!
Good luck!!

Randall HayesArlington817-535-1585
Sharon DennisArlington817-277-6444
Delila RiojasArlington817-608-0560
Maria Fisher Arlington817-469-9539
Ricardo TanFt Worth817-626-1993
Al FaginFt Worth817-294-0731
Steven Senevey,PediatricianFt Worth817-336-4040
Stanley Elliot, PediatricianFt Worth817-336-4040
Mark Jones, Pediatrician Ft Worth817-335-3255
Frank McGeheeFt Worth817-361-7494
Binh NguyenFt Worth817-535-1585
Randall HayesFt Worth817-492-0200
I called some of this numbers so wanted to update you all. Dr. Senevey refused us because we do not vax. The receptionist said they follow all AAP recommendations. Dr McGehhe and Dr Jones are no longer taking new patients. I got an appointment in with Dr. Karen Pilgrim-King in Arlington at Bright Star PA. I got her info from the Dr. Sears website.
#38 of 54 Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM

After calling a lot of the numbers on the list trying to find someone closer to Grapevine, we ended up just sticking with Dr. Dennis in Arlington. She has been great, never questioning our decision to stop vaxing or anything. We've had appointments with the other doctors in her practice when she hasn't been available, and even though they didn't push vaxing on us, they were a little too antibiotic-friendly for my taste. I just try to make sure I get Dr. Dennis whenever possible.
#39 of 54 Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm throwing in another two thumbs up for Dr. Bain. We live in Keller, and drive about an hour to see her, but she is totally worth it.
#40 of 54 Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganbaby View Post
I called some of this numbers so wanted to update you all. Dr. Senevey refused us because we do not vax. The receptionist said they follow all AAP recommendations. Dr McGehhe and Dr Jones are no longer taking new patients. I got an appointment in with Dr. Karen Pilgrim-King in Arlington at Bright Star PA. I got her info from the Dr. Sears website.

I also got her info off of Dr. Sears site, but everytime I call, (at least five times so far) all I get is an answering machine. I guess I need to keep trying, huh?
#41 of 54 Old 11-08-2008, 02:06 AM

Hi! I'm new here. This is my first time actually posting on a thread.

I just wanted to add that I SO BADLY want to take DS to Dr. Bain, but DH is concerned about the drive, should DS ever be very ill. I've taken him two times for sick visits to Dr. Pilgrim-King in Arlington, and so far I like her. I haven't really had to get into the vax conversation with her, but I did find her info on the Dr. Sears website, so I'm hoping she won't have any issues. Her office is very child friendly, and they do have separate well-child and sick-child waiting rooms.

Kat, wife to and mommy to (Dec 07).
#42 of 54 Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM

I just wanted to sing some praises for Dr. Karen Pilgrim-King. I took my DS to her yesterday, and she was AMAZING. I really liked her and feel good knowing that my son now has a regular Dr. to see.:
#43 of 54 Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM

We don't vax and use Dr. Frank McGehee (on 6th ave)
Amazing.
#44 of 54 Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Did you tell the receptionist that it's AAP guidelines to provide healthcare, regardless of the patient's life style choices. :
I'm so sick of these doctors and their egos.
#45 of 54 Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 PM

Can I have the Dallas list PM'd to me too?! Please and Thank you!!!
#46 of 54 Old 12-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah i was going to say, we go to Dr Senevey, and he is NOT ok with delay or non vaxing. Now Dr Crawford in his same practice (fort worth pediatrics) is a little more lineant, but i didn't like her all that much. Dr Senevey is a great Dr, and know alot of things, and i reallyl ike that he will sit and talk to me like a human adult and not dumb things down, but is has suggested CIO and to stop feeding dd a bottle a night many, many times, and got really really pi$$ed when he found out we delayed DD's vaxes by 6 months....

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#47 of 54 Old 02-17-2009, 03:34 PM

Can I get the Dallas List, please?!!!
#48 of 54 Old 02-18-2009, 04:14 PM

I wanted to say that Delilah Riojas is with Wee Tots pediatrics. The number is 817-652-9192.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#49 of 54 Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowyellowmama View Post
Can I get the Dallas List, please?!!!
Me too me too!!

Happy mama to our miracle son Benjamin - 3/09 after a long road of infertility
#50 of 54 Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsandfeet View Post
Me too me too!!
I still haven't received it yet...I'd really love and appreciate it too!!!
#51 of 54 Old 03-12-2009, 04:37 PM

I was wondering if I could have the complete list of doctors as well. I know this was posted ages ago but I'm having the worst time finding a non-vax friendly ped. Thanks!!
#52 of 54 Old 05-01-2009, 01:02 PM

I would be so grateful if someone could send me the Dallas list. We lost our pediatrician almost a year ago because of differing vaccination philosophies.
#53 of 54 Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMolly View Post
Today we saw Dr. Chartrand in Allen. He was super! Great with DS, who doesn't usually meet new people well. His office doesn't feel medical AT ALL and he really talked to me about vaccinations. We had to drive about an hour to see him, but I definitely think it was worth it. His office is in the Allen Birth Center. We're uninsured, but I felt like his fees are reasonable (he doesn't file insurance, but will give the codes so you can). He said DS was lucky to be in cloth diapers and encouraged me for BFing as long as I did.

Here's his website: http://www.harmonyfamilyhealth.com/index.html
I second that. Dr. Chartrand is awesome. He has recently moved to Mckinney and his office is in an old Victorian home. Absolutely beautiful and very un-medical.
He asked me if I was still breastfeeding my 2 1/2 yr old and when I told him yes he said, "Good" without any hesitation! It made me feel so good. He is definitely okay with delayed vaccination. We stopped vaccinating my DD and he didn't bat an eye or even ask me why, or want to talk to me about it. I guess he figured I'd done my research and made my decision (I'm pretty sure he doesn't vaccinate his kids either).
Also, he's a family doctor so anyone can see him. But he's great with kids, very understanding, and doesn't rush you at all.
BTW he is the first doctor my DD has had that I felt really wanted to hear what I had to say (yk my opinions, theories, what I thought was connected to certain things, etc.) It's like he felt it was important! What a breath of fresh air.

On another note, I'm not a frequenter of forums, so I don't really understand the rules. Actually I probably break them unknowingly regularly :
But, it seems silly that the whole list of alternatve doctors can't be posted. I mean everyone wants it. It seems a waste of time to have to PM everyone. That's just my thoughts
#54 of 54 Old 07-10-2012, 05:01 PM

If such a list is still around, I'd also love to have it PM'ed!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page