Health Food Stores in Culebra/1604 area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've recently moved and I'm looking for a store to get all my vitamins and naturopathic stuff at .

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#2 of 8 Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Anybody? I'll I can find is the Vitamin Shoppe.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 8 Old 08-18-2008, 05:12 PM

I don't think you are going to find much out that way. Try Sun Harvest and Whole Foods...they are about 20 - 30 minutes away from you. I believe the closest Sun Harvest is at I10/Callaghan. Sun Harvest doesn't have the best selection compared to others, but they are more economical than Whole Foods.
#4 of 8 Old 08-21-2008, 11:58 AM

I haven't lived in SA for about 5 years but we used to go to the Sun Harvest at the 281 & 1604 intersection. IMO it's way nicer than the Callaghan & Nacodoches stores.
#5 of 8 Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 PM

There's a Cost Plus Nutrition at 1604/Bandera. I wanna say it's near the Home Depot?? Not entirely sure.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#6 of 8 Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
There's a Cost Plus Nutrition at 1604/Bandera. I wanna say it's near the Home Depot?? Not entirely sure.
Aggh, I was going to go there after storytime but I forgot. Is it like the Vitamin Shop or is there more to it?

#7 of 8 Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyLouWho View Post
I don't think you are going to find much out that way. Try Sun Harvest and Whole Foods...they are about 20 - 30 minutes away from you. I believe the closest Sun Harvest is at I10/Callaghan. Sun Harvest doesn't have the best selection compared to others, but they are more economical than Whole Foods.
Yeah, I did a search and they are all that far away.

#8 of 8 Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Well, you won't find groceries there, but you'll definitely find supplements, vitamins, some homeopathics, some Bach's remedies, and an ok amount of Essential Oils, as well as protein powders and some body building stuff, but that certainly does not overtake the store.

ETA: I've never been to Vitamin Shoppe, so I can't compare.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page