August in Albuquerque - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we were doing soap without kids? I don't know if I'll be able to do the 22nd. My colonoscopy is the 19th and I know that it will take me a few days to recover from the sedation drugs (I do really BAD with drugs) and the 2 days of no food.

Mama of three.

#62 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM

I dunno. I can see if D can take the kids out if we need that too.

Dr Phil is having a show on home/hospital birth

Be a guest on the show and voice your opinions!

http://www.drphil. com/plugger/ respond/? plugID=12471

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#63 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Kermit, I keep forget to post: your cleaning plan sounds great!

Doularn, I should not be the homebirth ambassador

Mama of three.

#64 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Hi! I'm here now too.... another transplant
#65 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM

My son just turned two and I just found out he has 2 cavities. We went to a dentist and it was awful, he did not do well at all and at one point I was in tears and had to demand that they stop trying to clean his teeth. The dentist sadi he thinks the cavities are a genetic defect since they are in the same place on the same tooth, top molars left and right. Anyway I am looking for a holistic dentist or one that is at least willing to give me advice on what to do other then drill. This dentist actually wanted to drill his cavities with out putting him under, not that I would go for that, but when he told me that I thought were you not here for the past 10 minutes while you tried to look at his teeth? How do you expect to drill his teeth when he wont even sit still while you look? Sorry this is a bit long, any recomendations? I am willing to travel.
#66 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Anomaly, who did you see? We had VERY bad luck with Hess (told us there were 5 cavities when it was obvious there weren't any.) We see Dr. Larry Lubar now and he's excellent! Even kept his cool when my 3.5 year old was freaking out in the chair! He's at Pennsylvania and Indian School, accross from the Toys R Us. Great guy!

Welcome Linz. Are you living on base?

Mama of three.

#67 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Anomaly, I'm curious too. We saw Rachelle Shaw and while she wasn't terrible (i.e, DD wasn't traumatized and even some-what enjoyed the experience), she has some backwards views about BFing and won't allow you back there with your child. DD had one cavity filled (she shows you the cavity, so I guess that's better than elmh's experience with Hess).

Since I'm looking for a new dentist I think I'll give Lubar a try. Thanks elmh!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#68 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 08:45 PM

What time tomorrow? I think we should be able to make it. I'll bring the leftover brie and I have some watermelon.

anomaly - I think a-sorta-fairytale had good luck with a dentist. I can't remember who she saw. We just avoid dentists. : Not a great plan, I know.

Welcome LinzluvsGJ!

crazy - when is your last day at your job?
#69 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Elmh- Doesn't matter which way you fall about birth. You are a good example of why one might want to birth in a hospital or birth center and not at home. Also ASF for that matter. My stand is that there should be good, safe alternatives for EVERY WOMAN.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#70 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 PM

10, 10:30 ok? I wish I could do a prolonged day but I have to take the kids to their school at 1 PM to meet their teachers. (Hopefully each teacher will have his/her preferred supply lists because I'm tired of buying the list the school posts only to find the teacher wants completely different items.) Swimming wears kids out pretty fast anyway.

I wish today had been warmer, since our pool has passive solar heating that works better when there's some sun. It was very cloudy today. Ah, it's raining now.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#71 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Wow tons of chatter, Welcome newbies. We travel 1.5 hours for our dentist basically I can tell you people to avoid but it looks like you've figured that out already.

Homebirth and Dr. Phil, somehow I doubt that is going to go well I mean can you believe that the medical professional didn't catch M? Can you imagine all the horrible things that could have gone wrong by letting her mamma and dadda bring her to the surface. :

I'm going to say we are out for tomorrow I forgot about the car repairs and who knows what will happen with that.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#72 of 291 Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM

BAH! I'm sorry. We're not going to be able to make it tomorrow after all. I didn't realize that my dh needs the van again tomorrow. I just don't feel up to driving him in the morning and then picking him up again.

KMJ - Hopefully we'll get another chance to meet your little one again soon.
#73 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
dont know if we will make it - car accident - some idiot rear ended me and ruined all my lovely stickers : and i have to buy new carseats. Left the er after 8 HOURS!!! i didnt even get my ct scan results back because it was too crazy. DD was released after only 4 hours
neither of us is really too hurt but i am thinking we will be spending tomarrow cooling our heals in the chiro and dr k's office
they think we are both whiplashed and possibly i am concussed as i couldnt recall eirther of our dobs
#74 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:56 AM

ASF - Oh my gosh! I'm glad you guys are ok. How scary!!!! Let us know if you need anything. How's Baby C? Was he with you too?
#75 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 01:06 AM

luckily the universe told me ahead of time to leave baby c and jazz at home.

So c missed her reg and physical for prek

i didnt get my homework done

i have to get my van registered and drive its big huge lack of air conditioning hunk around.

I am so pissed at that guy : he was probably texting or some other idiocy.
#76 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM

Holy cow, ASF! I'm glad you're ok and very glad your Cs were not with you.

Anyone who still wants to come is welcome but if you feel the universe is aligning against swimming today, that's cool, too.

Why am I up? This is the only time I can get groceries, though I have to go in the evenings when I want to go to Whole Paycheck or Trader Joe's.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#77 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 AM

Wha'ts whole paycheck I've never heard of that.

Yikes ASF, hopefully you are both feeling a touch better.

KMJ you'll have to host again before you shut the pool down for the summer we really wanted to make it.

#78 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

We're going to be out too. I threw up again last night and am just exhausted. I think I shouldn't drink milk anymore since it started right after I had a glass. Waiting to see if cheese also needs to go.

ASF, YIKES! Glad baby C wasn't with you, but I hope you and Skinny C are feeling better soon!

Mama of three.

#79 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 AM

Whole Paycheck is just a snarky name for Whole Foods.

I'm sorry everyone is suffering so! I just found out some of the LOs who came to play earlier this week may have strep. They were playing "pin J down and kiss him" so fingers crossed that he doesn't get it. I'll be in NYC this time next week and MIL is definitely equal to the task of sick kids, but I'd rather she get to have fun with them.

We have a gas heater for the pool as well so we won't close it for the season until October. Plenty of time to get everyone in to swim!

Wishing you all : this weekend. I'm going to an estate sale in the morning.

#80 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM

holy sheep i am sooooooooooooooore

dr k or j cannot see us till monday
but i did get in with my lawyer and got c's school thing rescheduled

I have like 8 million things to do and i am moving like a zombie - this sucks. I really like my car
#81 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Wow, big to everyone (and welcome to the new mamas!). Sounds like the stars are aligning against swimming. C has a bad ear infection that kept her up SCREAMING for almost two hours last night, despite all the natural remedies we were using to help it. So DH broke down and went to Wal-Mart to get some Tylenol, and walked in the door literally 5 seconds after she fell asleep on me as I carried her around. My back is KILLING me now. Luckily she slept pretty well and is letting me massage her ears to help them drain, so is in a better mood. Hopefully it doesn't get worse again. Bleh, I need more sleep, i'm so exhausted now. Oh, and she is now almost totally in 3T clothes, and i'm panicking becasue I don't have much for her.

ASF - How scary! I hope you two feel better soon, and definitely take it easy for a few days.

Emans - thanks for the info on the photo stuff. I haven't had time to check it out, but will let you know if we decide to sign up for it.

elmh - bummer about the milk! We just picked up some raw milk yesterday from the farm in Bosque Farms. It is really yummy, and we met the cows and goats. Very cool.

Kermit - I'm so looking forward to your new LO sometime! Just not today...

Dentists - Hated Shaw (was really anti-BFing), avoid Cito like the plague (very anti-BFing, staff as well, horrid place), not thrilled with Hess (I would be happy to tell you privately all about why - he worked on her long after the sedative wore off : ), LOVE Lubar and see him personally. I'm still looking for someone to finish treating DD who has some serious teeth issues, so I've met or talked to most of the ped. dentists in town. I'm thinking of looking outside of ABQ for quality care.....

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#82 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Oh man, ASF, I'm so sorry! That's awful! I'm also glad little C wasn't with you, but still, it sucks that you and bigger C had to have that happen. I hope you survive the weekend until your appt.

My last day of work is the 22nd, so hopefully I can make to pg after that. I'll be taking a full-load of classes at UNM this fall (starts the 25th!) and hopefully working parttime too, but I still think I'll be able to make it to pg. It just depends on which classes I take cause one is during pg time.

KMJ, I'd love to you meet you and your little one. Swimming sounds fabulous, too! We'll have to come by the next time you host!

#83 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

ASF, that sucks that they can't see you. Would you be willing to go see another chiro today and then see K and J on Monday? Just to help you through the weekend?

Blue, have you tried slightly warmed olive oil? Very soothing. S makes up ear infections for it

Mama of three.

#84 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM

Wow,ASF.i hope you are feeling better. Um, lots of ibuprofen today sounds in order.

Elm- Who is your alternate chiro? DH is in bed with his back out and wants to go see one.

I was on the fence about PG today too but now seems like that decision was made for me. I think we are going to get school supplies and groceries. My stomach is still queasy but I have to get out of this house.

Blue- Where is thefarmyou went to? I'd lvoe to get some more raw milk. I might have some clothes for C. What do you need?

#85 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:29 PM

ASF- I feel your pain about the bumper stickers I miss my van's butt. This new car looks just like everyone elses.

#86 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:47 PM

ASF- can you get a gentle massage during the time being (I can recommend several)? If not try rubbing Vicks (yep good ole vicks) on your body- (unless BFing)--- OR lavender oil.

Blue- I'd love info about that farm as well. Can you buy raw goats mil too??
#87 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

My chiro is Laura Shoemaker. I'm not sure if she's working today, but I love her (and she's nearby.)

Mama of three.

#88 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Elmh- Is her number 271-8888

#89 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 01:05 PM

Our Chiro is Timm, I'm not sure of the number right now but he is great about immediate/same day appointments.

Sounds like we need a mass order of new bumper stickers.

#90 of 291 Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM

My chiro is Dr. Genter, who happens to practice in the same office as Shoemaker. I know that she does work Fridays, so that's a chance you could get in today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page