Recommendation for a NM Midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all! I just found this site and am super excited. I posted in another thread, but thought maybe starting a new one would be better.

I just found out that I am pregnant (this is our first)!! I have been doing as much research as I can, but still have questions.....

I would like to deliver at the Birth Center. Currently I have found that only two midwives do that - Dusty Marie and Connie. Hilary has a room at her home, but will be on vacation during the time I am due and is not taking any March/April Moms.

ABQ moms - any thoughts/advice/ personal experiences about Dusty Marie or Connie? I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but would love to hear any personal stories so I can see what "fits" best for me. I have interviewed both and am totally split. I need to make a decision soon as I am 7 weeks today and have yet to have my first appt.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! Looking forward to meeting other ABQ moms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM

I delivered my son with Connie. I loved her. I hemorraghed and I think she did a great job with it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.

a-sorta-fairytale had Dusty with her first if you want to ask her any questions.

Mama of three.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:51 PM

Another thing to consider.... you do not have to make a hard and fast decsion right now you have tons of time. Please interview and talk to the midwives and find the one that is your perfect fit. The home birth midwives and the birth center midwives you mentioned carry the same equipment and meds. You might want to consider home birth if you find the right midwife for you in that group. Connie and Dusty also do birth at home.

Also, there is a new birth center opening in the spring in Abq www.fullcirclebirthcenter.com PM me if you want more info about that. I know those midwives really well and may be working there as a nurse when it opens.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
you can pm me if you would like to know my take

User Tag List