Any Young Moms in The Woodlands/Houston area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 21 and I live out in The Woodlands, and not many friends of mine have kids! haha a few here and there, but I'd love to meet some young moms, It's not quite the same hanging out with your old friends without kids, they have such a crazy, partying lifestyle at my age. I'm not a complete boring person, just don't like going out every night to just drink and get totally wasted, especially when I have to come home and take care of my lil bundle of joy! :
#2 of 23 Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 AM

Hi there! I'm not that far north, and I'm no longer all that young (heh) but I wanted to say hello!

I had my oldest son when I was 22, and I didn't know any other moms, either. I had just moved to TX then, too.

Anyway, I'm Rachel, now 31, my oldest is 9 and my youngest is 5 weeks
#3 of 23 Old 08-25-2008, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

aww wow, congrats on your new one. I remember when mine was that tiny, not that long ago. I sorta miss it. haha

Well, it's great to meet you Rachel, I'm Brittany.

so where are you at? conroe area?
#4 of 23 Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 PM

hey brittany, i'm brandi - i live just south of you, in spring. my DS is 13 months and i'm due again at the beginning of february! oh, and i'm not THAT old - lol - i'm 30

and your Benjamin was born on my 30th birthday!!!
#5 of 23 Old 09-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Hi! I live in Montgomery. I don't know if I am young (25) I am looking for some IRL friends but with a 3 week old and a 3 year old I don't know if I have time for it.
#6 of 23 Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 PM

hey y'all, i'm 35 and in the woodlands...can i join in??? i have a 3 yr old and an almost 5 month old...hey brittany, i'm married to a ryan too...i know what you mean about partying..when i worked i would get frustrated cause they wanted to go out but with babies and a husband that works alot, it just wasn't gonna happen. plus, i'm just not that interested in going out to drink and then drive home, y'know? maybe i am getting old! oh, nooooooooo!!!!!

anyway, if ya wanna meet up, lemme know...there are a ton of parks here. i like bear branch, and of course there is always safari stop...where else but texas can you find an air conditioned park???
#7 of 23 Old 09-07-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

I've lived in The Woodlands most of my life, but I moved away for a couple of years so I don't know about safari stop, where is that? That'd be interesting when he gets a couple months older. My little guy is only 6 months, as a matter of fact EXACTLY one month before your lil one was born! That's neat. Boy or girl?
#8 of 23 Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm 28 years old and have a 2 yr old DD. We attend most of the local LLL (we're in the process of changing meeting locations, so you should call a Leader to double check), Houston Babywearers, and API meetings. You should join us. There are definitely young moms in the groups. We'd love to have you join us.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#9 of 23 Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Not so young (33) and not in the Woodlands, but down here in Houston...

-Angela
#10 of 23 Old 10-21-2008, 03:56 PM

I feel young! Just moved to the Woodlands from Chicago. One ds 9mo. Loving the trees and pathways...and the opportunity to get outside during the winter...any interest in setting a day and time for taking kids to one of the parks? I don't know many of them but would like to see more of the Woodlands...
#11 of 23 Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM

I'm in League City and I'm 26 am I young? LOL I know what you mean about friends your own age. Even at my age and even with my friends with kids all they wanna do is party. I mean, I 'm not a total nerd, my friends from the AP board I just left, and I would have some pretty interesting times and late nights that turned into mornings downtown, but our kids aren't babies and they could handle being with dad in that stage of their life. Long story, just to tell you I feel you. Its hard being a young AP mommy.

Kelly, wife to J and mama to our precious A, HE'S 5! and the parasite will emerge on or before Sept 24, 2010!
#12 of 23 Old 10-23-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamins mommy View Post
I've lived in The Woodlands most of my life, but I moved away for a couple of years so I don't know about safari stop, where is that? That'd be interesting when he gets a couple months older. My little guy is only 6 months, as a matter of fact EXACTLY one month before your lil one was born! That's neat. Boy or girl?
sorry about not replying..i actually forgot about this thread
anyway, safari stop is at the united methodist church at the corner of lake woodlands and grogan's mill road. we go probably once or twice a month. it can get pretty crazy in there. once time we went and there must have been like 20 kids! it was very loud by my guy loved it! it's definitely for the kid who can and will explore...

lately he has been in love with his bike, so we have been biking/walking the neighborhood. yesterday, we walked to the park and halfway home (the long way home) he pooped out (energy wise) and i had to drag the bike and push the stroller while he mumbled and walked behind me the rest of the way home! he doesn't nap anymore, so figuring out a quiet time during the day has been hard...he still needs to rest but he won't always sleep or even stay still.
#13 of 23 Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Hi, I am a youngish mama in the Katy/Houston-area. I am 28yo now but had my oldest when I was 23yo and can totally relate to you. Something I found much, much more important than finding other young moms to hang with was finding moms with similar parenting values of any age. I had a very hard time finding younger moms with the same parenting style. I highly recommend getting out to LLL, Babywearing, and API meetings in your area. That may give the best oppritunity to meet people.

Mama to Ava (12/03) , Leila (4/06) , Violet (11/08) , and bonus mama to Madison (7/98)
#14 of 23 Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 AM

I just moved to the Woodlands from Charleston, SC 3 days ago and really want to meet some people. Especially other mommies who know what I am going through. I am the single mom to a 2 month old baby girl. I could really use a support system so anyone in the area feel free to hit me up! Oh BTW, I'm 22.
#15 of 23 Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 PM

hi. my name is ashley im 20yrs. old and im in the woodlands area. my son is 18months old..any play dates?
#16 of 23 Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 AM

Aawwww...I wish we'd live a little further north. You guys sound like a lot of fun. We live in Baytown and going to the woodlands would be jsut a little too far. I tried to go to one of the LLL meetings once in Pasadena I think but I didn't double check the times and instead of having the meeting on Fridays it was Tuesday I think. I never went back....

joy.gif
#17 of 23 Old 11-11-2008, 12:35 AM

I'm going to be in The Woodlands in December. I would love to get to know some of you mamas there!

My son is going to be a year soon, we love to be outside... all day if we could! Oh, and I'm 33
#18 of 23 Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM

I'm 28 now, was 24 when my first was born. We're in Katy right now but will be moving up to the Woodlands or Conroe as soon as our house sells!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#19 of 23 Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

life has been crazy lately so i haven't checked back to see all the replies that theres more of yall out there, so hiiiiiiiii everyone and i'll definately add you ladies and maybe we can do a play date, to say the least be a support system to one another!!
#20 of 23 Old 11-22-2008, 09:01 PM

I live in Cypress, so I am about an hour away! I just moved here to Texas in February. I am originally from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I don't really know anyone out here besides my husband. Oh and our really weird neighbors. I would love to get to know anyone else that's a young mommy and here. I sound like such a loser I HAVE NO FRIENDS . All of mine are four hours away :[. Thank goodness for facebook lol. Oh by the way I am 19 , I turn 20 on December 5th! I hope I can make some new friends on here! I am new to the site.
#21 of 23 Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi,
My name is Lacey, I'm 21 years old. I am going through a divorce and just moved to Magnolia. I know absolutely NO ONE my age. I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl named Emme who also doesn't know anyone her age.
#22 of 23 Old 05-15-2009, 12:18 AM

Hiya! I'm new around here. I'm Zaira, I'm 20 and have a 17m old little boy. I would love to meet some other young mommies who share my interests (I haven't had much luck finding crunchier people around here). I live in Montgomery...
#23 of 23 Old 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM

I had not seen your post until today.  I was doing a search and this came up.  I am considerable older but young at heart.  I have 4 children here in your area.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page