Spectacular September in Albuquerque - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow ASF, you're the ultimate sniper! I wonder why the other person cancelled their order. Oh well, it was to your benefit.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 10:03 AM

I'll bring some food and should we plan on a time can we do 11? That should give us enough time.

Soccer starts today.

Enjoy your new fancy car.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#63 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 11:04 AM

asf - Way cool!!! What luck!

Doularn - hope the workshop was helpful!

So last night there was a police helicopter circling round and round our neighborhood partially over our backyard and then the street behind us. And I saw flares being shot in the sky -presumably when they thought they spotted whoever they were searching for. Geez. Good times. Good times.
#64 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
doularn - i only have one car - i will tell you the drama on that at soap tomorrow Basically they pissed me off and i do not put up with crappy cust service.

11 would be great if you can swing it doularn. I am bringing chips and dip.

the guy ordered it like 5 months ago and now he has "personal issues" with paying for it (ahem divorce)
#65 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM

still purging the house here

does anyone want a care bear cake pan? I tried it once but i apparently suck at trying to do specialty cakes.
#66 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

11 o'clock is fine.

yes soccer starts today and we have a WAY more ambitious coach this time. Not warm and fuzzy like last year's coach who was all positive. They are nice (husband and wife) but more coach like for sure and now we have to practice TWICE a week. On the positive side, L did not run from the ball and actually tried to kick it a few times. But after the first half he was tired and was losing his focus. The U-9 games are longer now too, it went on FOREVER.

And only in Abq can you be a soccer mom and have homebirths !! one of the moms on L's team had three and it just came up in casual conversation. I LOVE THAT ABOUT HERE. You all have no idea how great that is !!

What do I need to get ready for soap? Do we need anything, molds etc? I'm home today doing laundry I am going to work on the garage this afternoon some and try to purge more stuff.

Gonna have the yard cleaned up and bushes trimmed etc next week. A guy at work does it on the side.

I have prius envy. Congrats ASF for getting just what you wanted.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#67 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 06:17 PM

my diaper washer bit the dust. : it will be monday or tuesday before my dad can come look at it
I do not like washing dipes in a front loader so after i get this huge load done i will be getting a pack of sposies for the interim.

big c will be at grandpas for soap and little c will either be with me or with my mom depending on how things go.

I will bring molds, colors, my one little pot and the soaps. Any other pots will help it go faster. If people want they can bring essential oils for the soaps too. I just dont have space to pack more stuff.
#68 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 06:28 PM

Dh hasn't talked to me about soaps. He keeps putting it off. He's working with a friend now but when he's done I'll corner him. I'd be fine taking just S, but I can't handle Little S in a non-Little S proofed house right now. He's just to crazy.

So if you're the parent of a kid with life threatening allergies and you decide to go to Baskin Robbins, where said allergy is EVERYWHERE, do remember the Epi bag. We took it with us, got our ice cream, went to the park. S got a pb flavored ice cream so she could get her dose and we just kept Little S away from her and washed her off real well. AFTER everyone was done, I realized the Epi-bag was still at Baskin Robbins. Whoops. Thankfully no one had a reaction and everyone had a good time, but I felt like the worst parent ever.

Mama of three.

#69 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 PM

ASF I have half a package of size 2 that we aren't using, they say they go to 18 pounds they are probably too small but they might work for a day or two.

I have the large oval molds and the super small frogs/ducks/turtles. I looked at Ross for a pot but didn't find one, I'm willing to get one if I know where I can find it. I can through in the EO's I have.

I should be kid free, since M refuses to nap anywhere but home now she would just be way to cranky.

#70 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 PM

I'll be bringing some food tomorrow, but I don't know what. My house is pretty empty so either I will go shopping first or I'll whip something up.

What kind of molds work best? Are these specific soap molds or will some other baking mold work? I do a fair amount of baking so I've various kitchen stuff, I just don't know what exactly ya'll are talking about. Also, what kind of pots do we need?

Anything else I can bring? I'm still not entirely sure what this all entails so feel free to tell me what you need!

#71 of 276 Old 09-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Okay I'll be there with just S so she can play with friends. Little S and daddy are going to do manly things like yardwork and wrestling (OT suggested it )

So the Baskin Robbins was the kids lunch. Tonight we had spaghetti and zucchini for dinner. S actually pitched a fit about eating 3 very tiny pieces of zucchini. Seriously, you can't win!

ETA: We'll be bringing Pumpkin Muffins. If they blow, sorry, new recipe. And I think I have some molds I can try to find.

Mama of three.

#72 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 01:08 AM

I'm not sure if I'll make it tomorrow. I'm still dealing with some kind of stomach bug. I felt great this morning. Took the boys to their soccer games-still felt ok. Came home and ate lunch. I haven't really eaten much in the last couple of days. After I ate, my stomach got all wonky again. So I'll have to see how I'm feeling in the morning.
#73 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Crazy- ASF is our soap guru and she prefers the glass pans like the smoky pyrex.

Both my kids are very confused that we are having a pg activity and I don't know if their friends are coming.

Blue- I have a pile of clothes for C. I even got my C to donate willingly some shoes. Of course we had to try on every pair like CInderella.

CO Hope you feel better. L is really missing B.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#74 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Hope you feel better CO.

My kids decided to wake up with the sun this morning. I dislike the sun. :yawning:

Doularn, you can tell C that S will be there. When she heard me tell dh that I was going to your house she insisted she come play with C

Mama of three.

#75 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM

I'm going to stay home today. I'm still feeling yuck. I'm so bummed.
#76 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hope you feel better COMOMMY !!

Anyone doing gymnastics tomorrow? Not sure what we are doing yet.

#77 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, anyone on Facebook? It addicting.

#78 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Thanks for hosting Doularn! It was great to see everyone. Sorry I didn't get to really talk much. I told my dh that with dd constantly running around, basically I just get to come in the door and say "hi" and then say "bye" as we're leaving. Oh well. I'm sure before I know it she'll be able to play on her own and say things like, "Mom, leave me alone!"
#79 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for coming everyone. Who was the evil person who left a cake?

#80 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 10:08 PM

Sorry about that. I realized as we were eating dinner and then after dinner with baths and kids fighting, I forgot again. You're more than welcome to eat it. Turns out dh doesn't like cake. Thanks for hosting!

Mama of three.

#81 of 276 Old 09-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Thanks for hosting, everyone took a bath tonight without complaining.

Peace before you know it she'll be hanging with the big girls and disappear for hours at a time.

#82 of 276 Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM

We had a blast! Thanks for hosting doularn. It was great meeting you and peacelove too!

#83 of 276 Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM

thanks for hosting doularn

whew i am tired! Ds made me hold him in the meitai for about 4 of the 6 hours last night
#84 of 276 Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-sorta-fairytale View Post
whew i am tired! Ds made me hold him in the meitai for about 4 of the 6 hours last night
He's seeking revenge for making him hang out with all those other people yesterday.

#85 of 276 Old 09-08-2008, 04:29 PM

probably - little monster!

So where for sure and what time for belly stuff on sunday? I really hope i get my green tea powder so i can make green tea cupcakes!
#86 of 276 Old 09-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Thanks for hosting doularn! DD hasn't stopped talking about pg and the big girls. And she has been playing Cinderella with the shoes too....

asf - check the other site...

peace - don't worry, before long your LO will be off playing with the big girls, saying mama who??? And you'll actually get to hang out and talk. It is a weird feeling for sure!

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#87 of 276 Old 09-09-2008, 12:23 PM

asf - Thanks for bringing the sleeper sunday.

crazy - it was nice meeting you too!

blue and emans - Yeah, I'm sure dd will be off playing with the big kids before I know it. I won't know what to do with myself when I actually get to sit and have a conversation for more than 2 seconds.
#88 of 276 Old 09-09-2008, 01:46 PM

peace - i cant believe how much H is running around.

Ds is going to the chiro on thursday with me and skinny C. He is being a total beast at night. screaming - kicking me - slapping me while he nurses - refusing to sleep - whining in his sleep. It is crazy. i hope he is just out of alignment or something. Good thing he is cute
#89 of 276 Old 09-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Wish me luck - I'm taking all three kids in for well checks this afternoon. Hopefully no one says anything particularly incriminating - like "we don't ever learn anything." Thankfully, I talked dh into meeting me there so I'll have an extra set of hands.

I'm so bummed I missed soap. My stomach is still a mess (well actually my intestines ), but I'm starting to feel a bit better.
#90 of 276 Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM

Get well and good luck, I always shutter at what they might say.

So the u-pick rasberries in Corrales is open. It's from 9-3 Sat and Sun. 4 dollars a level pint. Even E had a blast picking of course he refused to even taste one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page