Spectacular September in Albuquerque - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.homes.com/Content/Listing...ropId=67088177

Check out where I was slumming this weekend. Log cabins just aren't what they used to be.

I wrote this long post a minute ago about my goals while Dh is gone, it was eaten by the website. i'm to tired to do the whole thing again.

I started with cleaning the garage so what I have so far is girl clothes 18m-2/3T up for grabs and a suitcase full of maternity clothes XL-1X. Any takers?

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#2 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 AM

We need to do a big swap/trip to good will too. I found the maternity bags in the garage, plus I have all the 0-6 that M has outgrown.

Wow fancy. If it was on a lake I'd be sold.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#3 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM

Funny you should mention a swap. MIL just brought down a box of mixed clothes I have been going through. I think there is stuff in there that will fit some of the older boys, and some for M too. And a small/petite woman - Do we know any of those?? I could definitely use the 2T/3T stuff for C. Does anyone need a cute crib bumper? It is a bricky-red gingham check with appliqued animals on it - it is pretty useless around here, but if someone wants it, it is really nice.

BTW we are going to pick up raw milk TODAY from the farm - anyone want any? Here is their info and website. It is $10 a gallon for either cow or goat milk. Let me know ASAP - I posted my cell on the other site.

* Bosque Farms: Sunshine Farms, Mark and Bunny Simons, Luke Simons, Megan Ripper, 150 Country Lane, Bosque Farms, NM 87068 phone: (505) 869 3701. They have a permit to sell grade A raw cow's milk and goat's milk. In season, they also have brown and green eggs, vegetables, herbs - culinary for the most part, apples & pears. No hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides. The cows, goats and chickens are all kept on grassy pastures with tonic herbs planted in appropriate locations. They are rotated through the pastures to maximize the fresh plant material available. Milk is sold on farm. lscoolidge@yahoo.com , www.sunshinefarmsnm.com.

doularn - looks awesome to me!! I would take one...

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#4 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Is there a plan yet for what day/location pg will be this week? I have a huge bag of clothes all bundled up for Emans little dd.

We're seeing Dr. K tomorrow morning for the first time. I never thought he took our insurance, but found out he does!

Nice cabin Doularn!
#5 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Nice slumming Doularn!

I'm still going through the clothes from the last trade : Eman and Doularn, between the two of you Little S has like 8 pairs of swim trunks and 10 or so Hawaiian shirts for the next three sizes

So it's a good thing Little S keeps hurting himself when OT and ST are here. I swear they'd think I beat him but last time they were both here he tripped and hit his cheek on the train table and today he fell off the side of the futon, hitting his back on a table that we placed next to it. He laughed.

Mama of three.

#6 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Eman- There might be one or two dresses I gave you that I'd like back if you still have them. YOu know the emotional mother in me wants to look at them every 5 years.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#7 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 04:13 PM

I still have everything, you'll just need to sort through about 5 bags labeled "playgroup"

#8 of 276 Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

righto

#9 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Is anyone hosting playgroup this week? I could do it tomorrow. Let me know.

Mama of three.

#10 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
doularn - niiiiiiice - i want to slum it up lol

maybe we could do some swap stuff at the soap day?

I have a small box for blue of blankets/burp rags and a few smaller boy things.
#11 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM

Hello! We're back!
I forgot it was September. I'm still stuck in August.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#12 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM

We took dd to see Dr. Kaufman for the first time today. He was nice, a little abrupt a few times, but I liked him. DD liked him a lot at first, until he decided to look in her ears and then make her lay down so he could feel her head. Then she screamed her head off. Anyway, we're going back to see him later this month for a "head adjustment". We're also going to see one of the other doctors in his office that Dr. K referred us to - Dr. Jones. Have any of you ever seen him before or heard anything about him?
#13 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM

we see both dr k and dr jones. DD loves them both. Dr k is more silly with her but she loves being adjusted by both of them. the first 2 times dr K adjusted her head she wailed. i got cranio done by him just to be sure it didnt hurt
ds also bawled his eyes out when being adjusted.
Fwiw dd loves going to both now and if i make myself an appt i have to make her one too.
We are seeing dr jones tonight in fact

off to take dd to pre-k *sigh* poor baby C is sleeping and must be woken as usual - for the record - he HATES pre-k
#14 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 PM

i think i have ppd

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#15 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:46 PM

kmj
#16 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM

kmj. Call if you need to talk or want to come over to play.

Mama of three.

#17 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM

I'm sorry, KMJ. I actually think I do too. I was going to post about it at the other place, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I can hide it well, but that's not a good thing.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#18 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM

KMJ.

#19 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM

for CrazyDiamond too.

#20 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 05:57 PM

Thanks Rach.

#21 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM

Thanks all. Sometimes I pretend it's just because there are four kids now, and four kids are a lot, so I'm pretty busy. But honestly, if I didn't HAVE to do everything I have to do, I wouldn't do it. No motivation, lots of tears.

I never had my six-week check up. It's been 12 weeks now but I need to see Hilary and let her know what's going on. I in no way want to harm myself or any of my children, but I'm pretty blue and the slightest thing can set me off (being late getting the kids to school, stuff like that). Plus I'm having trouble with my IBS postpartum. I had my first attack in over a year a few weeks ago, and two others of lesser severity since then.

I know that I'll be all right in the long run. I just have to get to the long run.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#22 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 06:35 PM

A from me to you, Crazy.

#23 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 07:16 PM

KMJ and Crazy
#24 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM

KMJ and Crazy
PPD sucks to go through. I think some of the B-complex vitamins helped last time with DD (and I had pretty major ppd with her). You might want to check out the PPD board here - there are some good recommendations there if you don't want to go the pharmeceutical route (or even if you do). I'm always here if you want to talk or vent.

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#25 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 PM

Crazy and KMJ, my first stop would be to call Hilary, if she didn't have anything that would help, I'd call an old fashion MD and get a pill. I know it's not very MDC, but I lived through 7 months of misery with E that wasn't pleasant. I could go on but it wasn't good.

I hope you both get the help you need, we're here when you need us

#26 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 PM

crazy

ppd sucks

yall should hang with playgroup tomarrow - i know just getting out with other people helped me a ton when i was having it with big C.
#27 of 276 Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 PM

Hi! My name is Chrissy and I was told about this group by a very nice mommy on a different group list. I hope I'm posting this right....
I'm a stay at home mom to a little girl who turned 2 in may and am currently 31 weeks pregnant. My husband just got a better job in the Albuquerque area and we are are planning on moving in the next 3 weeks meaning I will be about 35 by the time we arrive in town. Does anyone on this list have any recommendations for midwives who can help deliver the new little one? I'm really hoping for a natural birth this time (lots of meds, but vaginal last time). We will also need a doc who is AP friendly and can deal with an alternative vaccine schedule. Blue Cross Blue Shield leads are extra helpful if anyone knows about that too....
Thank you sooo much!
#28 of 276 Old 09-04-2008, 01:21 AM

Thanks again everyone. I had ppd really really bad after E was born and nearly had to be hospitalized. I thought I might has escaped it this time, but maybe not. Things aren't bad, though, I just need to make sure they don't get that way. I have a lot of mixed emotions going on (leaving my job, back to school, being a SAHM) that I'm sure you all understand. I just don't know what came first. . disatisfaction with my job or the ppd. The two seem to be intertwined, and then when you add the stress of any transition on top of that, you've got a problem. It doesn't help that N cries a lot of the day. He's usually an angel at pg, but I swear he's not that good most of the time. It's his reflux, I think. . .but man does the crying wear on me. Plus, E can get super whiny too. She hasn't been sleeping enough so she goes through several meltdowns a day. . .between the crying and the whining and the melting down, I never get any peace! (I don't know how those of you with more kids do it, 2 is sending me over the edge as it is!)

I'm OK with meds if I need them, so far I don't think I do. I'm already doing B-vitamin complex so I'll keep doing that, along with cal-mag and Floradix.

Going to pg makes me feel better, so I'll definitely stay with that. So pg tomorrow? I must have missed discussion on it. Can some one put details on the other site?

KMJ - I understand the no motivation part. And the tears. Are you at least able to sleep enough and eat regularly?

Welcome, Chrissy. You're lucky because NM is very midwife-friendly. There are a lot of options here. I personally used Connie Koshewa with Natural Birth Midwifery and really liked her. There are a lot of other great midwives here, though, too.

#29 of 276 Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs to both mama !!! Are you sleeping? eating? Drinking? Peeing? I hired a postpartum doula for a few weeks after C was born. All she did was entertain L for a few hours so I could nap and cooked dinner a couple times a week and it made all the difference in the world to be able to nap and eat something besides peanut butter and jelly.

Do whatever you need but get help, at home, for your head, for your tears. DO whatever you need to do !!

Worked today and tomorrow. TWO crash C/S today, pulled from the recovery room from one to do the other. One with a happy ending and one not.

#30 of 276 Old 09-04-2008, 02:33 AM

((hugs)) Doularn. Sorry that you had such a rough day.

Welcome Chrissy. Were you hoping for a home, hospital, or birthing center birth? There are a lot of midwives here, depending on your preference.
Good luck with the move!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page