Pediatrician in Clear Lake - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am doing search for old posts also....but I need a ped in the Clear Lake area of Houston who is non-vax friendly. The name I have heard repeatedly is Kalia, but she is not accepting new patients at this time. The baby will have medicaid for 1 year then switch over to my DH's plan (BCBS). Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

nobody??
#3 of 9 Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM

Sorry meant to reply yesterday and got side tracked. Here is a short list of some Family Practice docs in the area that some of the moms in the AP group here use.

Kathi McCree at Texas Gulf Coast Medical
Dr. Eisen... with UT Medical (only sees 2 yrs. and older)
Dr. Rajan at Tx. Gulf Coast
Dr.Sim at TX. Gulf Coast

By the way if you aren't familiar with the Peaceful Beginnings/AP group in the area, PM me and I will send you the link. You already know some of the moms from La Leche League.
#4 of 9 Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM

Oops, disregard that last part. I just saw your post at PB, I forgot that you were already there.
#5 of 9 Old 10-16-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

So I called Gulf Coast and they don't take my insurance either!!!! I am so frustrated and going to have a baby any day!
#6 of 9 Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettejohnson02 View Post
So I called Gulf Coast and they don't take my insurance either!!!! I am so frustrated and going to have a baby any day!
Not sure where you're located in Clear Lake, but you might try Pearland Pediatrics on FM 518. http://www.pearlandpediatrics.com/

PM me if you want more specifics. And GL!
#7 of 9 Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettejohnson02 View Post
I am doing search for old posts also....but I need a ped in the Clear Lake area of Houston who is non-vax friendly. The name I have heard repeatedly is Kalia, but she is not accepting new patients at this time. The baby will have medicaid for 1 year then switch over to my DH's plan (BCBS). Thanks!!
I live (well, okay not right now) in Galveston and take my daughter to UTMB. I see a member of the faculty practice there at Island Pediatrics. She (and two of her other colleagues that I have seen) have been EXTREMELY supportive of my decision to selectively vaccinate. My daughter is following the Sears alternate plan. They have expressed their professional opinion to me, and we have been able to have intelligent, reasonable discussion about it, and they support my decision. I was initially very concerned that I would not be supported because UTMB has such a large vaccine research center (I was asked to participate in one--and my pedi stopped them and said "you won't get anywhere with that one" and laughed as they tried to convince me anyway.) But I met with my pedi before DD was born and discussed it with her and came in with well-reasoned research to back up why I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and like I said, she and her two colleagues that I've seen when she's been unavailable, have been more than supportive. I would recommend the Faculty Group Practice at Island Pediatrics if you live closer to the Galveston area.
#8 of 9 Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 PM

What about the other peds in Dr. Kalias office???? They are all really nice we have seen them all and have never had any problems with the VAX issue.

Mom of 3.
#9 of 9 Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM

Just as a side note if you are not vaxing than you don't really need a ped right away.

My son was born at home and our midwife checked hime out durring all of my postpartum visits. He was eating, gaining weight, sleeping and acting like any other health baby so there was no need for a dr. He didn't have his first well visit until he was 3 months old.

I know this isn't your first so you as a mom would be a great judge as to how the new baby is doing.

If you need anything shoot me an email. We haven't seen you in forever, Sam.

Mom of 3.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page