Even a possibility? (VBA2C in OKC area) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Oklahoma mamas - I wonder if anyone could provide any insight. Both of my daughters are Cesarean births. We would like to try for #3 in the next year and though I am mostly at peace with another c/s, every now and then I get a twinge wondering about a natural birth experience.

Does anyone know if there are any care providers in the OKC area who would take on a VBA2C mama? (We are in Chickasha.)

Thanks!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#2 of 5 Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 PM

I know the midwives at the OU medical center do VBACS, you might check there...
#3 of 5 Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

so good to know! sounds like a good place to start. Thank you!

Megan - SortaCrunchy mama to blahblah.gif Dacey (7) and energy.gif Aliza Joy (5). Expecting mo-di twin boys baby.gifbaby.gif February 2013!

#4 of 5 Old 10-27-2008, 06:13 PM

You might check with Dr. Ryan at St. Anthony's as well...I am pretty sure he does VBACs

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#5 of 5 Old 11-02-2008, 01:29 AM

There are more options in OKC than you will be lead to believe if you call hospitals or OB offices. I've foudn that out the hard, painful way.

I, too, have had 2 C/s and I am not okay with another one. I want to deliver this baby naturally. After lots of research I know that it's just simply healthier for me AND the baby. I'm expecting #3 in mid-April.

The docs at OUMC will not do VBA2C. I was told that they would when I called but when I met with the dr. she said she wouldn't "accept the liability" (which if you've done the research you know it is statistically insignificant in going from 1 c/s to 2!)

There is a dr. at St. Anthony's that will VBAmC. There is also at least 1 dr. I know of in Tulsa, altho that would be a really long drive for you from Chickasha and I dont' know if he'll do it after more than 1 C/S. There is also a midwife birthing center in Norman that I know does VBAC's--not sure about VBA2C. Same with the 1 in OKC (Heaven Sent). I met with Margaret there and she's never done a VBA2C. I got hte impression she wasn't very comfy with it which made me not very comfy in choosing her as a care provider--but you could feel differently after visiting with her. I think there's also one in Lawton that may do VBAC's.

As far as I know this dr. at St. Anthony's is the only one in the state who will consider a vaginal delivery after TWO C/S. Private e-mail me if you'd like his name. We consulted with him and I LOVED him immediately. I felt like he respects women's bodies and what their capable of. Granted this could all change during labor but right now, I feel pretty good about him.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend visiting the ICANN website: http://www.ican-online.org/. Go to "VBAC" and start your research there. On this forum there is also a tab for "VBAC" under "Birth" or some heading similar to that. There's LOTS of info and research posted there that is enlightening. The Central Oklahoma Doula Association also has some info. on their website about VBACing: http://www.dacoinc.org/index.cfm.

This journey has been difficult for me emotionally (to decide to VBAC) but I'm where I need to be right now. I feel MUCH more empowered as a patient now and have sooo much more faith in my body and my own birthing abilities. Course, I haven't done it yet but I'm doing everything I can to stack the cards in my favor.

Good luck on your journey and private e-mail me if you want more info. or just want to chat. I could use a VBAC buddy from Oklahoma and I recently found one other, too. So we can all muddle thru it together

Best of luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page