Looking for MW for HB willing to travel--San Antonio area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-24-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi--I live in Cotulla & I'm planning on a homebirth. I just quit my OB--I'm 26 weeks, EDD Feb 7, 2009. We're 90 miles from San Antonio. Can anyone recommend a MW practice?
#2 of 3 Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

Are you wanting a homebirth or do you want to travel to SA to give birth?

I know that Janet Dirmeyer just assisted at the homebirth of my girlfriend in Uvalde, so she will travel (not sure how far). She is a staff midwife at the SA birth center and does homebirth too.

http://midwiferyservices.org/ Claudine is located south of SA and probably travels as well.

http://www.birthexperiencemidwives.com/ It looks like Jennifer will travel up to 100 miles...it is listed on the front page of her website. I've heard good things about Jennifer.

If you don't mind driving to SA, I just used Holly/Alyssa at the new birth center in SA medical center area.
www.birthcentersa.com
I just had a great birth experience there...had a waterbirth and everything!!! I love Holly and Alyssa!!!!

Alyssa and Holly both do homebirths too, so definitely contact the birth center for more info (and to see if they travel).

Stephanie - Co-Leader of API San Antonio
Mommy to DD (4 years) and DS (18 months)
#3 of 3 Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 PM

http://www.texasmidwivesgroup.com/index.html

I have met Stacy & Joi and REALLY clicked with them. Honestly, had I known them before I decided to UP/UC I may well have hired them. Very hands-off if that's what you need, but also very attentive. I really like them a lot.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page