Mothering Forum banner

Albuquerque Turkeys - November

7K views 296 replies 16 participants last post by  a-sorta-fairytale 
#1 ·
Couldn't think of an N word to rhyme with November, just kept thinking of the children's thanksgiving song "Albuquerque Turkey"

See less See more
#52 ·
We were
: about the election here, but haven't been able to really celebrate it because tuesday night I got a sinus infection.
Things are slowly getting better today. We won't be making it to pg though. Have fun! Dd and I will be missing you all.

Dh and I haven't done too bad in our transition into marriage. For the most part we get along really well. I think a lot of that has to do with us both coming out of nasty relationships in the past, having respect for each others differences and knowing what's really important to us and what isn't worth arguing about. The whole kid thing
: I would say thats been another story!
But when it comes to cleaning the house and cooking, he's fantastic.

#53 ·
oh yeah

blue - got some plain bread and tried the stamp - dd was so confused

crazy - it is soooo much better to have the "challenging" kid first. If ds had been first i would have been the most smug know it all parent. I would have been like "well if a baby cries you nurse them, change them, hold them - duh!" heh - having dd first let me know about kids who just scream and scream and scream and there is nothing you can do. And she was such a purposeful daredevil i got used to the bumps and bruises quick. Like elm - i was so glad that EI got to see her in action so they knew it wasnt me beating her. Baby C gets hurt but it is because he is just clueless

thank you all for your responses - it is interesting to see the diff between mens answers and womens.

#54 ·
Okay well I thought we were coming to PG but C came in last night covered in throw up. This was after I spent an hour in the bathroom dry heaving and praying to throw up because my stomach hurt so much I almost passed out.

So we are home today, I managed to take L to school. DH is working from home so that is going to throw me off too. I just want to go hide under the covers all day.

have fun !!

#55 ·
Hope you guys are feeling better soon Doularn!

Dh is home from work for at least the morning. Last night he felt horrible and he ended up sleeping on the couch at some point, I think because Little S decided he had to be in between us, but mostly on dh.

EI came this morning and it was the first time our SLP (the weekly therapist) had met him. She also brought our new co-ordinator who is nice. Little S of course showed off his craziness and spent the last 15 minutes of the session jumping on his elephant and then hanging off of me and pulling me backwards on to him, smashing him in to the couch. Crazy boy.

#56 ·
Wel, we won't make it after all. The kids are still snotty and C threw up last night. There hasn't been a repeat, so they are probably fine, but I don't want to risk exposing everyone else to the sniffles. Have fun and i'll see you all next time

#57 ·
Sorry I've been out a bit. Family in town and baby H is sick. He lost his voice and his cough is wet and nasty. Runny nose as well, but no fever. Were M not out of town on business I'd be doing better, but I'm up often at night with sad, sick baby and then I have to try to be nice to the rest of the kids when they get up way too early because we're not adjusted to daylight savings yet.

M gets back at midnight tonight and has his every other Friday off tomorrow. Thank goodness. Maybe I'll stay in bed all. day. long to catch up on sleep. He keeps saying he'll need a nap tomorrow because he's getting home so late but I'm having trouble being sympathetic, since he's spent three nights alone in a quiet hotel room, responsible for no one but himself. I made sure he took his CPAP with him so he has no excuse for not sleeping much better than I have while he's been gone.

Hope everyone feels better soon! I'm sure this is going to run through our family so we'll be down a couple of weeks.

#59 ·
We are better but my DH of course thought he was "getting sick or something" last night and wimped out on me getting the kids to bed.

Trying to sort through toys today to give away. Uh very painful to do with the actual children here that suddenly decide every item is precious and special.

#60 ·
Good luck with the toy sortage, that is hard (which is why we are drowning in toys). We only have a few sniffles hope everything else stays away.

So the whole lot of us went to the dentist and optomitrist today. M was a super trooper the poor thing didn't sleep at all and was in arms most of the day but still the sweetest happiest little thing. She's already crashed out for the night.

#67 ·
We're at home today. Both kids are exhausted. Yesterday we went up to a co-workers of dh's who lives outside of Tijeras. Beautiful house and land. They played with clay for like 5 hours while the other wives and I baked bread. Neither one of them had baked yeast bread so it was a good thing I was there. We ended up being up there for 7 hours which was a lot of fun but as a result Little S took no nap (I think he's trying to give them up, but he's so tired during the day!) and we didn't get home until after bedtime. And somehow Little S got a bloody lip.

Doularn, if you want to come over later, Anodyne might be coming over (she usually comes over on Monday, but we haven't talked.) I think I'm going to break out some of our extra clay and do a hand print thing for the kids to give to the grandparents for Christmas.

#73 ·
Okay, I am doing bills right now. Lets see how irritated I am when I finish. We'd have to leave by 230p to go get L. I do need to go to Costco but doubt there will be anything left to go there...

#74 ·
So Santa is at the Cottonwood Mall. If you want to take a quick, non posed picture with your camera phone you'll have to buy a picture package.
:
Eva asked for a horse and a carrot. Santa just said "Oh my!"
This is the first year that she's not afraid of the dude. I guess our Santa-free Christmases are finally over.

#75 ·
So R just walked into the room and said "pretend I'm cow milk in a glass"
What goes on in their little heads. Yesterday she told me "M drinks regular milk not cow milk

Rach I wouldn't expect anything involving Santa to be free, it's why we avoid the mall. It's sad though.

So tomorrow we should avoid the art museum huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.