Albuquerque Turkeys - November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 297 Old 11-09-2008, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
what makes small people think they need to nurse every hour at night? Little piglet that one is. :
#62 of 297 Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 PM

so are we going to try for the zoo this week?
thursday and friday are supposed to be the warmest days in the low 60's
#63 of 297 Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
warm. low 60s.
It seems like only a couple of months ago, the girls and I were super excited that it was going to be SPRING soon. Where the heck did the time go????

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#64 of 297 Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 PM

No kidding! It's gotten cold all of a sudden!

My vote is for Friday, cause I can't go Thursday.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#65 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 AM

I could do Friday after preschool.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#66 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Anyone up for open gym today? I'm home with C and want to do something fun with my monkey girl.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#67 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM

We're at home today. Both kids are exhausted. Yesterday we went up to a co-workers of dh's who lives outside of Tijeras. Beautiful house and land. They played with clay for like 5 hours while the other wives and I baked bread. Neither one of them had baked yeast bread so it was a good thing I was there. We ended up being up there for 7 hours which was a lot of fun but as a result Little S took no nap (I think he's trying to give them up, but he's so tired during the day!) and we didn't get home until after bedtime. And somehow Little S got a bloody lip.

Doularn, if you want to come over later, Anodyne might be coming over (she usually comes over on Monday, but we haven't talked.) I think I'm going to break out some of our extra clay and do a hand print thing for the kids to give to the grandparents for Christmas.

Mama of three.

#68 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM

Kids are off school tomorrow so we might go to the aquarium. Still have some sniffles today.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#69 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 02:30 PM

FYI: Tomorrow is a free day at the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History.

Mama of three.

#70 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 03:10 PM

we can do friday after r's preschool. hmmmm the art and history museum - is that the one in old town?

ETA - anyone wanna do that too?
#71 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 03:51 PM

Elm- What time are you thinking today?

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#72 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Like 1ish. I still need to call Anodyne, but you are more than welcome to come over. Just call first.

Mama of three.

#73 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 04:53 PM

Okay, I am doing bills right now. Lets see how irritated I am when I finish. We'd have to leave by 230p to go get L. I do need to go to Costco but doubt there will be anything left to go there...

#74 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:05 PM

So Santa is at the Cottonwood Mall. If you want to take a quick, non posed picture with your camera phone you'll have to buy a picture package. :
Eva asked for a horse and a carrot. Santa just said "Oh my!"
This is the first year that she's not afraid of the dude. I guess our Santa-free Christmases are finally over.

#75 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 PM

So R just walked into the room and said "pretend I'm cow milk in a glass" What goes on in their little heads. Yesterday she told me "M drinks regular milk not cow milk

Rach I wouldn't expect anything involving Santa to be free, it's why we avoid the mall. It's sad though.

So tomorrow we should avoid the art museum huh?

#76 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Nope, not gonna make it....

#77 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Bummer Doularn. Little S is avoiding his nap anyway so it's probably for the best. Maybe if he just plays for a lot longer, he'll pass out. It's been known to happen.

Mama of three.

#78 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM

PSA - If you are morbidly obese and have very short legs - do not wake up one morning after about 18 months of inactivity and hop on a treadmill at full incline going 4mph. Your body will not be amused - though your husband might.

Can anyone who has had dental work done on their kids either pm me or post here. DD has 2 confirmed starting cavities that i think i will fill since they are the very back molars that she will have for a long time and these are the 2 more then one dentist has pointed out. So, they will do them in office with a shot of local or they refer out to a ped dentist for Nitrous. So i would like to know your experiences with all the dreaded ped dentists and what your kids used for dental work.
#79 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 06:54 PM

No help on dentists. We use Lubar but have had zero work done. Good luck.

Where does everyone take their kids for eye exams? With dh's family history, I think we should start getting the kids checked early. His sister was darn near blind by 2nd grade.

Mama of three.

#80 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 PM

DD had her one cavity filled by Shaw. I don't care for the woman and her anti-BFing ideas, nor the fact that she doesn't let the parent back with the kid, but DD came out happy and didn't say anything bad about what they did. They apparently let her hold the suction thingy and feel it on her hand, so she was amused by that. So while we won't be going back, it's more because of my disagreement with her than what she did or didn't do with DD.

Thanks for the tip about the treadmill, ASF. Even more reason not to try to get in shape. LOL

We haven't had to get DDs eyes checked, but I do have experience with a pediatric opthamolagist none the less. I have an eye condition that's most common with children, so I got to see one. LOL I saw Dr. Durso at Eye Associates of NM at Pan American and San Mateo. He's awesome! Apparently he's well-liked because when I got my glasses, the optomestrist looked at my script, noticed the doc, and said good things too.

Since we're on the topic of appointments. . anybody know of a good hair salon? I need to get my hair cut but can't seem to find anybody good and affordable. I stay away from Style America and the like because they always screw up my hair and won't take the time to use a razor blade. I used to go to JCPenney but they changed their rates. So now I'd like to find a hair stylist who's decent but affordable, and someone I can stick with for a while. Any ideas?

#81 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 PM

Any one care to tell me why in the world I decided to do clay with a child who didn't nap even though no one was able to come over? Let's just say it ended with mama losing her temper (bad too) and a little guy crying. Big sister enjoyed it at least and my kitchen looks well "loved." Now I'm on the computer (my meditation) while Little S is laying down next to me watching a Sesame Street video. Hopefully he'll rest enough that after he's much calmer.

Mama of three.

#82 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Crazy- What is affordabe for you? I went to someone who was $50 and he is fabulous but that is not affordable for me right now. My last hair cut was at Jungle Cuts with the kids. I got all three done for less than the $50 I used to spend.

Dentist- I went to Shaw too and had the same experience.

Eyes- Went to Goldblum with L last year. They were fine, slightly condescending but okay otherwise. Haven't decided where I will take him again.

#83 of 297 Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM

Doularn, I guess I should have specified! Somewhere in the $30-40 range or so. JCPenney used to be mid-20s, which was fine for what they did. But now they have this tiered system and if your hair is chin length, they add $10. If it was a great cut, that would be fine, but it appears that they make appts only 20 min instead of 30 min, or something. So I paid $40 for a crappy cut. I'm OK with paying that if it's good.

#84 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 AM

asf - I personally use Lubar for my own teeth, and he was really gentle and FAST. When C gets older I would take her to see him. We are going with Tasker (He is in the Smith's shopping Center by Eman's house) for C's surgery in a couple of weeks. After dealing with many of the Ped. Dentists in town, they are the only ones that I feel comfortable recommending. Their staff is the friendliest and the dentist is actually nice (and kinda cute too ).

Today's "Why I love Google" story: So DH fixed the vacuum today - my mom and my sister pretty much broke it, but we figured out they just trashed the belt. So after a little googling I find out not only how to replace the belt, but that there is a "hidden" screw under the Hoover emblem on the front of the machine I guess you are supposed to somehow know to pop the emblem off (and it won't go back on again, either) to get at the screw. Good news is, it works again! Bad news is that it still acts weird at times. Oh well.......

Oh, and we got the kittens fixed today! :

We may be up for the zoo... i'll have to see what the week brings.

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#85 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 AM

We have seen lubar (heh we were the ones who recommended him on this board ) but our insurence doesnt cover him at all I may call again in case some of it is magically covered now.
I WILL NOT go anywhere that requires the parents go in another room.

blue - what kind of pain stuff did C get?
emans - what kind of pain stuff did your kids get?
#86 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 AM

ASF, I'm with you, I won't take my girls where I can't be with them. Lubar even recommended that Ana be in the room when Eva gets a cleaning to make Ana more comfortable with dental work. We haven't filled Ana's molar cavities yet because we'd much rather wait for them to be a problem after what happened for her pulpotomy with Hess.
That sucks that Lubar isn't on your insurance.

Blue, hooray for fixed kitties!!

Crazy, I use Style America on Golf Course but that's because I only get a trim. Adam uses them and they've done his hair exactly how he asks for it, much to my dismay. LOL

#87 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM

I go down to Socorro for both.

We do the nitrious, then the numbing cream, then the shots (all while holding a hand massage that looks a bit naughty ). Each have had it once, the nitrious freaked me out with E but when your options are that or general in the hospital........ We pay $$$$ for the dentist but it's worth it to us for the kids to have a positive experience.

Haircuts, well my last 40 dollar cut I could have done at home. I've gotten two rec's for the 50 dollar range which given the fact that I get it cut once a year (twice if I'm lucky) I don't mind.

#88 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM

I just had my hair butchered at Style America so good call avoiding them. Nothing a little blending with a razor wouldn't fix but the woman spent zero time on me and didn't do any cutting after it was dry. Every stylist I've ever had takes a good close look after the hair is dry and makes small adjustments.

It was a great day for the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens. They've got most of the River of Lights displays up and the weather was perfect. It was the first time we made it back to the Japanese Garden and it's my absolute favorite part now, with the Heritage Farm running a close second. The JG was so tranquil, even with four kids. :

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#89 of 297 Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 PM

I threw out some dates on the other board for MNO. See if they work for anyone.

Someone else needs to get on Facebook. It is so addicting.....

#90 of 297 Old 11-12-2008, 12:25 AM

doularn - cool - any of those dates works for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page