Mothering Forum banner

Albuquerque Turkeys - November

7K views 296 replies 16 participants last post by  a-sorta-fairytale 
#1 ·
Couldn't think of an N word to rhyme with November, just kept thinking of the children's thanksgiving song "Albuquerque Turkey"

See less See more
#6 ·
Here's the song
I used to teach it to my kindergarten and pre-primary class at Thanksgiving time.

Albuquerque Turkey

(sung to the tune of "Clementine")

Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles and he gobbles
and he's absolutely mine.
He's the best pet that you can get..
Better than a dog or cat.
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that.
He once told me , very frankly
he preferred to be my pet,
not the main course at my dinner,
and I told him not to fret.
Now my Albuquerque turkey
is so happy in his bed,
'Cause for our Thanksgiving dinner...
We had egg foo yung instead.

#8 ·
I'm off Tues-Fri this week. My Plan is to get rid of clothes and toys not being used. If anyone has any clothing needs girls 3T for next summer (I'm thinkin gof you Blue) or toddler toys or anything else here that may be of use to you all. Let me know.

I may also have craft supplies we may never use again to donate.

When is playgroup this week? And what has changed at your house Eman?

Halloween was fun for us. Hung out at friends in the UNM area. Big neighborhood party. The advantage to that is that L wanted to run with the pact so he went with us then other kids and parents in the group and when C was tired of trick or treating she passed out candy while her mother supervised drinking champagne. Big kids watched campy halloween movies and grownups drank more wine.

Wine makes everything better....

#9 ·
We had fun the other night
C crashed hard on the way home, but she screamed in her sleep and thrashed around all night long and woke up with a cold
Now Z is all snotty too, poor babe. I'm downing the Vitamin C and other stuff so I don't get sick too.

Funny song Peace!

doularn - We could use the clothes for sure, thanks. Might want to check out the toys too...

Just figured out why half my clocks are an hour off...
:

#10 ·
doularn - we might be able to use some toys. Like if there are any boys would like.

i am thinking of getting baby c one of those leap frog learning tables and some sort of push toy. did your boys like those? Big c preferred to pay on the floor but he keeps trying to push the stroller around and then since he cant walk he just falls and crys

went to a little restaurant called sophias place for breakfast - yuuumy. mixed berry pancakes with pinon syrup and breakfast sandwiches (egg/cheese/applewood bacon/salsa/greens)on yummy griddle toast.
:
and the yummiest coffee ever - it was called fatboy coffee i think

baby c was in heaven - that boy downed like 20 papitas, a piece of griddle toast/half a pancake and a tall cup of water. now he is hibernating.

#11 ·
Ok stop talking about food, I'm starving and my body is totally confused about eating with the time change. But wine does sound great.

Hey if I get it together we have boxes of smaller than Riley in the shed ( I could save them but really why keep stuff for 4 years, buying new stuff is fun

DoulaRN, nothing has changed other than pathetic attempts to M-proof, I think R just wanted people to hang here.

#12 ·
Okay i am a loser sister. My brothers new baby was baptised today in MD and I totally forgot to call or send a gift. I meant to send some pretty girl flowers or something and it just slipped my mind until just this moment.

#14 ·
elm - i know - i was like WTF?

so i woke up to a yucky smelling fridge that was warm

throwing away a ton of stuff was fun

luckily we hadnt done our big shopping for the week yet.

though i do have to say i feel super handy.

dh was all set to call an appliance repair place but i googled instead.
i think i fixed it!
i took everything out of the freezer and removed the inside cover. There was packed in the electrical wiring. So i used my hairdryer to melt it and now it seems to be working again!
:
Heh - if this works i saved us at a minimum $65 just to have someone come look at it.

Does anyone want to go to the zoo soon? I would like to go since it is still nice out.

#15 ·
ASF - good for you on the "handywoman" skills. bummer about the food though.

I woke up this morning with a head cold. blech. Thankfully the kids have been able to occupy themselves today without too much fighting. I'm making myself soup in the crock pot. Hopefully that will cure me b/c I have no patience being sick.

#19 ·
peace - so you are saying to stay away from starbucks since they will be crazy today

I cant believe the fridge thing worked and no one got electrocuted. what did anyone do before google?

emans - your place thursday?

comommy - hope you feel better soon.

so does anyone want to do the zoo another day this week or next week?

#20 ·
We could do the zoo this week or next. Yes here on Thursday.

You can also get a free small cone and Ben and Jerry's from 5-8 today.

So I've ruined my little baby, she bite me HARD yesterday and I screamed. She then proceeded to scream and cry and tried to get away from me all night long. She wouldn't nurse at all she would just snuggle with D and wimper.
Things seem a bit better this morning.

#22 ·
Eman. I accidently slapped S's leg when she bit me once. I didn't mean to but it just sort of happened. I hope M is feeling better about it today.

ASF, glad your fridge is still working. I love google.

Dh took S to vote this morning at 7:30. I packed her a coloring book with crayons, a lollipop and she took her Belle doll. We were expecting it to take a while. Nope, he was home within 15 minutes! Guess the way to do it is to get up at the butt crack of dawn! Now I need to remember that next election day!

#23 ·
emans -

so what did everyone remember 1 year old boys liking to play with? everyone wants to know what to get for ds for xmas and i have no clue. He likes balls and cars but we have plenty of those...

dd wants a power wheels of some sort and cooking stuff (ala easy bake oven)
she also wants handy mannys tool shop

#24 ·
Last year Little S got that annoying little chair thing that all the kids pile in to. They love it, I hate it. He also got a xylophone and a drum.

Do you have something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Playsko...5826263&sr=1-1

We had a push toy that the children LOVED! Our's is currently on loan to my niece but S always asks if we can have it back. She loves that toy still!

#26 ·
The weather will probably be like this for a couple more weeks. Or it could snow tomorrow. You never really know. You probably should buy Philip a coat if you plan on spending lots of time outside. Eventually it gets windy and cold and it'll last for a couple weeks or so.

Also, something to note about Albuquerque: if it snows and sticks to the pavement, the city shuts down, even if it's only an inch. We don't have enough salt machines. Oh and usually the snow that was on the ground in the morning, is gone by lunch. Every other year or so we get a lot of snow that clogs the city for a couple days. It's wonderfully fun since it rarely happens!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.