7mo pregnant & seeking a doula/doula in training in Spring/Woodlands, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am almost 7 months pregnant with my 2nd child, and I have decided I need a doula. I have always wanted to deliver naturally, and I feel I need support to accomplish this goal. Unfortunately, my family and friends do not understand this desire and are not willing/able to support me in the way I need.

I looked into getting a doula as soon as I found out I was pregnant, and I found it was too expensive for us to afford. On another message board, I expressed my dispair this evening. My husband flat out said, "I don't think you can do it" One of the wonderful women on the board suggested I post here for help and advice. I was told to try and maybe look into a doula in training, to lower the costs, or the possibility of payment plans.

If you are a doula or doula in training in or around Spring/Woodlands, Texas, and think you would be willing/able to help me, please let me know. I feel like I need to do this, and that I deserve to have this birth the way I want it.

Thank you for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 02:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please remember to PM the OP rather than posting to the thread, as advertising (even if someone asks) is against the UA. Thanks!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 03:36 AM

You might try contacting some doulas around town and see if they know anyone in training.

-Angela
#4 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Pm'd you

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page