Just moved to Spring, TX... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just relocated to the Houston area from Austin. Although not far, we have never lived here so I'm trying to get my bearings, etc. We have been house hunting and haven't decided on an area yet, but we are currently renting in Spring.

My kiddos are very healthy and generally don't need a pedi, but I would like to see if anyone has someone they can recommend that is ok with not vaxing and maybe at sometime selectively vaxing.

I'm also wanting to know about preschools here. My daughter was in a wonderful crunchy preschool in Austin and I would like to find the same here. I don't want her in school, but maybe 3 days a week and definitely not all day. She's only 3. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Any other info would be wonderful! Thanks so much!!!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#2 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 12:17 AM

Hey, I'm in Brenham and can't help you much...just wanted to say welcome and I love the Spring area. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula
#3 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 AM

Welcome!

Not a clue on schools up there... though I've heard of a Waldorf school in the woodlands I believe.

Most of your crunchier options will be closer to town.

-Angela
#4 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 02:33 AM

Hi Andrea!

Welcome to Spring ! We moved here 2 years ago from Oklahoma ... I hope you like it here !
The Pedi I take my kids to is very nice, he is OK with selective vaccing - I don't know about not vaccing at all...he will give you a run down on any vacc. you choose to skip...don't know if that's a problem for you...anyway, his name is Shams Nandwani - he is getting ready to open his own practice in January, currently he is part of Nanes Pediatric/ Texas Childrens ...
My daughter is not in Preschool , since she doesn't want to, but one of her friends used to go to Kinderhaus in Old Town Spring ( http://www.kinderhaus.biz/index.html) before they moved, and I was planning on putting Angelia there, but she has no desire to got to school (and right now we don't really have the money...) anyway it's a Waldorf-based preschool and I really loved it. Other than that there is an actual Waldorf School in the Woodlands - but that is way out of our budget... (http://www.woodlandswaldorf.org/ ).
Those are the only two I am aware of on the North side of town, that I would consider "crunchy"...hope that helps !
Hey, if you ever want to meet for a playdate or something, let me know, it looks like our kids are about the same age and we always love meeting new like-minded friends !
#5 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

alegna - Thanks. What areas would you recommend? We have looked some in Memorial, but it is so expensive! We need a home office for dh and I would really like to have a yard and that seems hard to find.

Natalie - Thanks for the info. I will research both of those schools. I would love to get together some time! I feel like it's been way too long since I've seen anything other than these 4 walls and we've only been here a week! I'll PM you.

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#6 of 10 Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post
alegna - Thanks. What areas would you recommend? We have looked some in Memorial, but it is so expensive! We need a home office for dh and I would really like to have a yard and that seems hard to find.

Natalie - Thanks for the info. I will research both of those schools. I would love to get together some time! I feel like it's been way too long since I've seen anything other than these 4 walls and we've only been here a week! I'll PM you.
Try zip codes 77008 and 77018

good luck!

-Angela
#7 of 10 Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 AM

Have you searched through www.har.com?
#8 of 10 Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaverdi View Post
Have you searched through www.har.com?
Daily!

#9 of 10 Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM

Stowe Krenie MD
27854 I H 45 N
Conroe, TX 77385
(281) 419-1599‎ - Stowe Krenie MD
(281) 447-6802‎ - Fax

Welcome to Spring! I hope it is a peaceful transition. I know it can be difficult finding your way around and finding the connections. I went through this, years ago from out of state. It was huge adjustment.

Although, I personally have not used the above Pediatrician, I know many friends that use only natural, holistic remedies and they take their children to Dr. Stowe, because of her stand of vaccines and treatments.

I hope this helps.
Maria
#10 of 10 Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Maria. I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page