Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
no, but i wish i was! i haven't seen my family in greece since i was nine, and i soooooo miss it there!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We're going for a holiday for two weeks in May!

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 PM

I'm Greek living in US. I try to go back every 4-5 months. I really miss the family.

Greek vegan mama to an amazing little bean born in May 2009.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:06 PM

I am not in Greece, but wish that I was. I've been dreaming about moving there for a couple of years, and it's becoming kind of an obsession to me. Maybe someday...............

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 PM

my husband is bugging me to move to cyprus. he's from there. how do you like it there? I've only visited. I'd like to hear your experiences.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 PM

ki egw!:
haha! currently living in Cyprus.i am Greek but my husband is half Cypriot so we moved here before DS was born....PM me whenever!

MarilyFirst time momma to Vasilios,born November 16th ,2008
trying to keep it :.Breastfeeding from day #1,cloth diapering,babywearing and Cosleeping ...
Old 09-10-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilymama View Post
ki egw!:
haha! currently living in Cyprus.i am Greek but my husband is half Cypriot so we moved here before DS was born....PM me whenever!
Yiassou!

I CANNOT read Greek with English letters for the life of me. I was like, "What in the world...is that Cypriot?" Then I realized what you were saying. :

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 AM

I am too, I live in Athens, Greece! :
Any more Athenians here?
Though I have to say that I'm a Greek-Cypriot, but I live in Athens as my husband is Greek.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 AM

so do you all speak greek if you live in greece or cyprus? I would be moving there knowing very little greek. My kids don't know much either.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanymom View Post
so do you all speak greek if you live in greece or cyprus? I would be moving there knowing very little greek. My kids don't know much either.

We speak Greek, but I guess that you can get by for some time with English, especially in Cyprus.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 PM

I have never been to Greece since I have had kids. The kids are going to be 3 and 4. We will be going the end of May for a little over two weeks. I think island hopping will be hard and also long boat rides. We were thinking Athens for the day and then fly to Santorini and go from there. I don't know if i want to do Santorini though. I was also thinking fly to Naxos from Athens and then to Rhodes. I have never been to Rhodes. i have also never been to Cyprus. Where would you go if you had this time allotted and two kids in tow ? I have jumped all around Greece and have no clue what would be easiest with the kids. Tell me how you would do this trip. I have done some searching and have found a lot of family friendly places to stay. What are your favorite islands and why ?
We are also Orthodox and I want to take the kids to some neat holy places. Last time I made a trip to Ephesus but worry about Turkey and little kids. i am open to getting out of the cyclades but I want to go to one cycladic island
Efharisto,
Philia
Old 09-23-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
I have never been to Greece since I have had kids. The kids are going to be 3 and 4. We will be going the end of May for a little over two weeks. I think island hopping will be hard and also long boat rides. We were thinking Athens for the day and then fly to Santorini and go from there. I don't know if i want to do Santorini though. I was also thinking fly to Naxos from Athens and then to Rhodes. I have never been to Rhodes. i have also never been to Cyprus. Where would you go if you had this time allotted and two kids in tow ? I have jumped all around Greece and have no clue what would be easiest with the kids. Tell me how you would do this trip. I have done some searching and have found a lot of family friendly places to stay. What are your favorite islands and why ?
We are also Orthodox and I want to take the kids to some neat holy places. Last time I made a trip to Ephesus but worry about Turkey and little kids. i am open to getting out of the cyclades but I want to go to one cycladic island
Efharisto,
Philia
I have no advice, but can I hop in your suitcase?

I hope to take my kids to Greece one day, and marvel at the beauty of Meteora.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
Efharisto,
Philia
My kids are 8 and 5 and first brought them to Greece when Sophia was 5 and Achilleas was 2.5 -- We had about a month and we stayed in Athens for 3 days and then went to Sparti where my family is from for about 2 weeks then hopped on a boat to Crete and visited DH's family in Irakleio and Xania and then from there we flew to Xios for a few days to meet with a family friend and their kids and then stopped in Athens for 2 more days before heading home! It was quite the trip and a bit crazy but we handled it all and now i've mastered it! We also went last year and visited 2 different islands.. i'd love for the kids to visit new places and make them ethnically well-rounded and know about their country.. their Greek is also very fluent as well being that we speak it at home, so they don't have that "language complex" when we go down..
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM

My dh and I went to Greece for a month last Aug-Sept. We visited family in Glyfada (suburb of Athens) for the first week then hired a beautiful sailboat and capt/wife team and went sailing in the Cyclades. We started out in Mykonos and went all over just by sails. It was a dream come true. We visited Mykonos, naxos antiparos, a couple of uninhabited islands (except by sheep and goats and my all time favorite Sifnos. My dh and I fell in love with this island and would love to return.
Next visit we want to go to the crete/rhodes/karpathos area. My dad was born in Karpathos and I really want to see it.
I love Greece and I speak Greek so I could see retiring there someday.

User Tag List