online shopping in the EU? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-11-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anyone found any European equivalent to places like Anthropologie, Garnet Hill or the likewise?

I wanted to do some online shopping but have only been able to find American stores which charge a small fortune to ship/order from.

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#2 of 8 Old 07-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Well being European I had to look those up because we don't have them here!!

Whereabouts are you? Not all stores have branches in all EU countries.

Having a quick look at those sites, a few of my favourites come to mind:

www.toast.co.uk
www.boden.co.uk

and the brands Noa Noa, Zara and Zara Home.

HTH Sadystar
#3 of 8 Old 07-13-2009, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

oh those are both awesome! thank you!!

I am also looking specifically for bedding and some comfy summer dresses, like the links you gave me , so any more rec's that way are greatly appreciated

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#4 of 8 Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been totally going through catalog withdrawal... but knew of those 2 only

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11
#5 of 8 Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM

I was going to suggest Boden, as well. There's Vertbaudet for children's things and their parent company/women's line is La Redoute - I think they operate in multiple EU countries.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#6 of 8 Old 08-24-2009, 03:18 AM

There is also www.next.co.uk that delivers in some EU countries. They have home goods along with clothing for the whole family. Their quality is great and prices are reasonable.
#7 of 8 Old 08-24-2009, 03:57 AM

Ithappened have you got a Primark near you? They're spanish but everwhere in England so you might have some over there. Decent quality clothes at good prices. I get a lot of my sister's hand me downs (she lives in a city and shops a lot) and most of it is next or primark and it's still going well when it gets to me.

The other thing is get a bundle of maternity clothes from eBay and arrange your own collection with parcels2go or pickaparcel. You're looking at about 20€ for 20kg and about 30€ for 25kg. I bought a massive bundle, kept the things I want and am selling the rest on separatly. Will get most my money back too! Most maternity clothing on eBay is hardly worn at all (especially summer stuff thanks to the lack of summer weather). In my bundle I got 2 polo neck jumpers, 2 sweatshirts, 3 t shirts, a lighter jumper, a smart black top, 1 pair leggings, 3 pairs jeans. That's what I'm keeping from the £26 bundle, the stuff I'm selling has got up to £11 so far.

I had loads of jeans in my bundle so from my experience the best ones by far are the mamas and papas ones (they're the ones I'm wearing in my last belly pic). They've elastic on the waist where the pockets are, and then adjust on the back with elastic on buttons. Some of the next ones just adjust with elastic on the pocket area so don't go small enough for me to get them on just yet! Dorrethy Perkins ones aren't worth it, the sizes are too big, had 3 pairs with my last pregnancy and I never wore one pair as it never fit!

Mango, Zara and Primark are good on price for clothes so you might find something of use there.

Another thing I just found out is that play.com have free european delivery if you want any books or dvds or anything.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#8 of 8 Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 PM

I love Zara!!! When i go overseas, that's where I shop in Athens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page