companies which will ship packages from US to EU for you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to order a few things in the US which are literally 60% less to order in the states but they don't ship to addresses abroad.

I am wondering if anyone has used any sort of shipping company in the US, or if there is such a thing, which I can order a package to have delivered to and then they will send it to me in the EU?

DS1 Dec 2009 fuzmalesling.gif DZ Twins July 2012 babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif

#2 of 12 Old 10-01-2009, 05:27 PM

Of course you can use UPS but that is SO expencive. We find most stuff through eBay, there are always companies/people shipping globally - just again, check mailing costs, some people ask way too much.

We also sometimes order things and put mail address to MIL who lives in CA and she sends them to us.

Just be careful - EU custome fees can be quite expencive.
#3 of 12 Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Banned

Nova Naturals said they'd ship to me in Switzerland.
Lands End does as well.
Robeez.co.uk does free shipping if you buy 2 pairs.
Amazon.co.uk does free shipping with a particular size order.

Look up import rules because here, if the VAT > CHF 5 (shipping + value of item >= CHF 66), they charge 7.6% VAT plus a handling fee (around CHF 20). Shipping to Switzerland seems to be around CHF 30 so what you can get under the import limits is pretty small.

What are you looking for?
#4 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 06:19 AM

I do about 90% of my US purchases from Etsy. The sellers are all very helpful, and some will mark them as "gifts" or as a lower price for customs reasons. I know, totally not legal, so you didn't hear it from me.

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
#5 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the tip! do you have any recommendations for specific sellers? (specifically yarn, foods, etc)

#6 of 12 Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 AM

Hmm, haven't had my morning coffee yet (I know it's almost noon!), so I'll get back to you...

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
#7 of 12 Old 11-01-2009, 06:44 PM

Have you tried looking on english eBay for stuff? Yeah UK sellers are scared of us 'foreigners', but you can organise your own shipping using payperparcel.com or parcels2go.com Tell the seller you'll sort out the shipping and so be liable for any losses or damage in transit. Pretty much most stuff should be cheapest on eBay and english eBay does have a big choice of stuff. As we're in the sticks it's generally cheaper for us to get stuff on eBay and have it shipped rather than driving anywhere.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#8 of 12 Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

by english ebay you just mean ebay.co.uk?

#9 of 12 Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 AM

Yeah, obviously because we sell on eBay we have our money in Paypal so I buy everythign on eBay. I order loads of stuff and my parents send it out every month or so, whenever we have 20-30kg or so.

I'll be going back some time probably Feb March time so I'll let you know when we've got definate plans. If there's various things you need you can get them all sent to my parents house and I'll parcel it all up together and you can send it all out in bulk. I should be able to pick up some bags of clothes on freecycle too if you need anything.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#10 of 12 Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM

Erm, if you're looking specifically for something in the US that won't ship here (Dharma Trading is my big issue) have you considered putting out an SOS? Asking someone from the DDC for help?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#11 of 12 Old 11-14-2009, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

I did manage to find a friend in CA who shipped me some stuff so at least we're covered for now and it does seem like A LOT of UK based stores will ship EU wide so thats helpful as well

#12 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 01:37 PM

When we lived in Florida my husband worked for a company that shipped things abroad from USA. You get a US mailing address, they receive mail and products, and forward the products with all customs forms etc done for an annual fee and per shipment. They are a good company. They are called My US  http://myus2.myus.com/ Now we live overseas, but rely on my mom to forward our mail and send goodies! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page