We are considering a move (a HUGE! move) to Edinburgh. I've been reading up on things all day (finally narrowed down the city/area we want though we still need to narrow that down more from the sounds of it) and have a couple questions I just can't seem to find answers for.
1. We are currently in the US. I've been on the RAS stuff and have googled every search term I can think of. Will we need to vaccinate in order to come over?
2. Do we need to have clean/good credit to come over? I know some places can be particular on that thing.
3. We own a business and would be moving our "office" with us. I can find the info for coming there in search of a job but nothing really on coming over with a business. Is there a points system for that as well? If not, how do we get the ok to come over?
4. Which areas are going to be more country like but still close enough for public transportation?
5. How are the washers and dryers?
Silly I know but everything I've read about them in terms of the England area they suck and take forever. Same with showers (one site suggested buying a "power shower" to get any sort of good shower [England area again]).
6. For those who have been to the US, what state/city is it similar to?
7. For those who moved there from the US, what did you do with your belongings? We've moved enough times without any of our stuff that I'm really burnt out on the whole, "make due and replace things once we get there" thinking. It never works as neatly as you hope. How much is it to ship things over?
8. What's the money limit on what you can bring over? I couldn't find it anywhere.
I'm sure I have moer questions but my brain has turned to swiss cheese for the night.