Homebirth in Cyprus? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend currently living in Cyprus who is pregnant with her 6th baby. Past few have been homebirths and she would like another one. She doesn't want to UC and is having problems tapping into the birth community there.

Anyone know of any midwives in Cyprus or other birthy types?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

I'm an English person living in Cyprus, but went back to the UK for my last two births in order to have homebirths. As far as I'm aware, it's currently illegal to homebirth in Cyprus, though if the laws have changed and you find out any information, I'd also be keen to hear it, as if we have any more children in the future I'd like to stay here for the birth instead of uprooting our whole family yet again.

The only person I've heard of who even believes in the principle of 'natural birth' is a lady called Androula Zoppou-Gousev who is based in Limassol. She works in conjunction with a local clinic, so if your friend can't manage to go the homebirth route, but doesn't want to use the hospitals around here, then this might be a possible compromise. Here are Androula's details...

Active Birth Centre (Cyprus) Preganacy & postntal programme. Director: Dr. Androula Zoppou-Gousev, obstetrician-gynacologist, MD., Ph.D. L/ssl 25 335274, 99 565231

Hope this helps...if you find out any other info, I'd love to see it if you have the time to post it. Thanks!!!

User Tag List