Meetup in Copenhagen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Looking to find real life friends in Copenhagen. I like long walks on the beach, Ap, CD, nursing in public, and playing barefoot. I can be found on a bike, in the water, in the sandbox, in the forest but always with a 2.5 year old. 

If you think we might be a good match, and are looking for some casual playdates (maybe more- ;) please contact me! 

Ps I am not a pram pushing style mama, so if you only wear black, do CIO or are t posh to push, please do not apply.

homescholing traveling mama of two ('08 and '12) expecting May 2015!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're no longer in Sweden, but we lived not far from Copenhagen, on the other side of the bridge.

Have you tried:

http://slyngebarn.amandur.dk/forum/

A Danish babywearing forum, I'm sure they have meet-ups. Or if you could get to Malmo or Lund, on the Sweden side there are tons of meet-ups for people who met on:

http://www.sjalbarn.se/forum/

This is also a babywearing forum, but have loads about AP-parenting stuff as well, like breastfeeding and sleeping and babycare (It is the AP forum in Sweden). I love it, and we met up with a lot of people from there. A lot of helpmums from Amningshjälpen (Swedish breastfeeding support organisation) hang out on Sjalbarn as well.

Good luck! I found it took quite some work finding like-minded in Sweden. But they are there, you just have to work harder (harder than here in Wellington).
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aside from slyngebarn.dk, have you looked into legestuer? It sounds like your a SAHM andthere are lots of legestuer i CPH area. Most are for childre younger than 2,5 but Husumvold kirke and Bethelehemskirken and Frederiksberg kirke as well as Valby kulturhus are all for older kids. I go to Bethlehemskirken on thursday with my 4 yo and my 17 mo
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I recently posted the following message online, and I am re-posting it here in an effort to attract even more people. We have since started a facebook group called "Copenhagen Alternative Parenting Group". Please feel free to join the group!
 "I'm looking to connect with families that have more in common than just being from someplace other than Denmark and having kids. Its nice to meet other English speakers- but its also nice to have something to talk about :) 

Are you interested in attachment parenting, baby wearing, extended nursing, mothering.com lifestyles? 

Maybe you like to travel off the beaten path, or have a passion for serious camping/biking/trekking/bungee jumping/etc with your kids? 

Maybe you home school or have considered doing so?

Maybe you dream of living off the grid, or giving it all up and moving into a tee-pee or a bus or a house boat? 

Maybe you raise worms under the kitchen sink, or tomatoes in window boxes, or goats in your backyard?

Maybe you are just feeling like the mainstream is not your stream and are seeking other ideas and fresh conversation?

Or maybe you are really open minded and mesh well with other people seeking the road less traveled? 

If you think this might be you- please email me or join our new facebook group. I look forward to meeting you. "

homescholing traveling mama of two ('08 and '12) expecting May 2015!

User Tag List