Your Hypothetical Shopping List - x-posted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, my DP will be in San Fransico on business next weekend for a week. I want to give him a shopping list so that he can pick up some things for us. What baby items can you absolutely not live without? What about pain relievers? Any other items that YOU would want? I'll be cross-posting to get ideas. Obviously, Germans have things like paracetamol for babies, but I've heard that Americans have got more concentrated drops than we've got. And imagine, they don't have wax paper or paper plate holders here, either. I've lived here so long now that I don't miss much anymore except good Mexican food and even that is getting better here.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#2 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 AM

When my dh goes to the US for work, the first thing on my list if natural valley granola bars. Then there is usually some lotions that I really like and cannot find the equilvalent of here. Last time he brought back some Dr. Bonner's soaps. Goldfish crackers are another big hit. Some English books for the girls or if I want a specific book. For us its usually little things like that because you learn to make do without or you find substitutes. Plus I don't want my dh to have to take a whole nother suitcase to bring me back silly things =).

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
#3 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 AM

I can't edit for some reason. So -baby items that I found useful but had shipped from the US were those mesh feeders that you can put fruit in. Also footie pajamas for 1-2 year olds. I couldn't find them here. And one that was a pain for us this past year was a bugger-sucker. Ya know-those bulb syringes for sucking gook outta lo's nose? Here we can only find a tube that I suck through and the part that goes in the nose has to be replaced. And the refills are expensive. We had a bulb syringe but it cracked (got dry some how).

Also an Ergo is cheaper in the US and easier to find used as are many wraps, compared to where I am. May not be the case with Germany =)

Medicine wise there is nothing from the US that I absolutely prefer, or at least nothing that comes to mind. Plus here the meds are so cheap it still blows my mind even after multiple experiences living in Europe.

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page