Has anyone tried the BabyBay cosleeper? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2008, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems to be the most commonly available co-sleeper in Europe. Has anyone tried it? Any recommendations?

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanGoddess View Post
It seems to be the most commonly available co-sleeper in Europe. Has anyone tried it? Any recommendations?
We just got an ikea crib, took off one side and attached it to my side of the bed. HTH!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:35 PM

We did the same. We had planned on the BabyBay originally since it's narrower but when we determined it wouldn't fit where we wanted it anyway… well, as long as we're rearranging everything in the flat we may as well save a ton of money and get ikea.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

But can you adjust the height of the Ikea crib to any level so that the mattress is "flush" with your mattress?

Also, a crib beside the bed takes a lot of space. I would just really prefer not to use up so much space for the first few months if I don't have to....

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 AM

No. it's not that adjustable. There's just a high and a low setting. What we did is measure how tall the mattress would have to be and then we got the mattress/top mattress combo that ended up at the right height. The one we got converts to a toddler bed and still costs about 80% less than the BabyBay we found so I'm forgiving of the size, but you are right that it's significantly bigger.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
No. it's not that adjustable. There's just a high and a low setting. What we did is measure how tall the mattress would have to be and then we got the mattress/top mattress combo that ended up at the right height. The one we got converts to a toddler bed and still costs about 80% less than the BabyBay we found so I'm forgiving of the size, but you are right that it's significantly bigger.
Not sure what you mean by "mattress/top mattress combo". You mean you bought two crib mattresses and stacked them one on top of the other so they would reach the height of your bed?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:52 AM

It is normal here to buy a mattress and a thinner top mattress that goes on top. All the beds (adult and crib) I've seen are like that. They are two different kinds of products designed to go together. Maybe your IKEA is different.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

I have just found this German website. They have three different kinds of co-sleepers and they all look pretty good. Anyone tried one of them?

User Tag List