Cloth diapers in Europe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been doing research on cloth diapers and finding that the brands here are different from those in the states. I'm wondering if anyone has any reviews of European brands, for example:

P'tit Dessous
Happy Poo
Lotties? (can't find website for it)
Others?

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 06:22 PM

I use p'tit dessous bamboo on dd and am very happy with them. They are great for nighttime as well.
I like disana for a newborn. It's a very simple and cheap system.
I'm sorry I can't direct you to any reviews. The only ones I know of are in danish.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Imse Vimse are Swedish, but available in the US and UK as well so I'm sure you can find all the info you'd ever want in English. DD has some and we are happy with them. We got them second-hand but were (and are) still in excellent condition.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:53 PM

Lotties can be lovely, if you get on with them

But there are *so* many European brands... Popolino, Tots Bots, Nappy Nation, Little Lambs, Yummies, Babeco, Bambino Mio, Hempresto, clwt-twt, Lollipop, Bearbehinds, bambenio, Minkis, Littlekiwi, Puddlepants, Woollywraps, Ellashouse, Nature Babies....

I'm sure I've left off loads
Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Banned

ImseVimse and Disana. Disana was the only cloth nappy I found that fitted DD before 5 months, when the tiny newborn nappies from ImseVimse finally fitted. Now we use both Disana and ImseVimse onesize (still a bit big, but works). (My DD is petite with a tiny tiny bottom!)

Disana are great in that they fit any size and shape!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstridS View Post
I use p'tit dessous bamboo on dd and am very happy with them. They are great for nighttime as well.
I like disana for a newborn. It's a very simple and cheap system.
I'm sorry I can't direct you to any reviews. The only ones I know of are in danish.
Hi! I live in Denmark and am wondering which websites you use? Jeg tale ikke saa godt dansk, but I am good at translate.google.com!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

There is a new UK brand out called Pop-Ins. We saw them at a baby salon this weekend. They look just like Bumgenius one-size but are cheaper.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM

Does anyone know a good European brand/shop/website for (unbleached Indian) prefolds?
I ordered mine from Ebay from the US and the shipping and customs tax was about 4x the price of the diapers the prefolds themselves were cheap, but yikes!

I used BambinoMio before, which are the only prefolds I can find here (in fact the only kind of cloth diapers sold in baby shops over here), but they were only OK and actually quite expensive too (160 euro for 24 prefolds and 3 wraps xs and 3 wraps s).
In fact, even with the shipping and tax, the prefolds I ordered from the USwere only slightly more expensive, and I like them better (a lot softer, and more absorbent too I think). But if we ever need a bigger size, it would be nice to get them cheaper!

Anyway, I've also ordered from a Belgian webshop. I ordered Bummis super brites wraps from them (here, they call them "Bummis Super Color") Interestingly enough, they have P'tit Dessous tags on them??
They do really look like the Super Brites (of course I've only seen pics of those), and are made in Canada. Weird.

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

Old 04-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
Does anyone know a good European brand/shop/website for (unbleached Indian) prefolds?
I ordered mine from Ebay from the US and the shipping and customs tax was about 4x the price of the diapers the prefolds themselves were cheap, but yikes!
Hi! I'm CDing in Europe as well. So far, I've found the cheapest way to go over here is to order from the UK. One site I've used that is pretty good is twinkleontheweb.uk There are many others too. Just do a search on "reusable nappies" cause that's what they call'em over there!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Thanks, that does look like a good website!

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM

Out here in Europe cloth diapers are quite popular.
There are also several WAHM's who make custom made cloth diapers, PUL covers, wool covers etc. I am one of those. My website is: www.lytse-poppe.biz. My website is in English and Dutch and in high need of an update :-)
Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 PM

I will also suggest Lotties and Disana. I've been extremely happy with both (especially the Disana), and it's a slightly cheaper way to go than Popolino or something of the sort.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to find prefolds here. I basically found someone to buy them for me on a military base, but that'll only work if you have a base around you AND someone willing to break the rules.

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 PM

Hello,

I use the two-part system (inner diaper and a waterproof cover).

I have used a variety of brands and I think the best are Imse Vimse (but they don't have velcro) and Tots Bots Bamboozle s-t-r-e-t-c-h. I have also used Popolini but I dont like them. They are all "universal" size from 5 to 10-11 kg. For the covers - I think the best brand is Blueberry, because they have 2 rows of snaps, fit from newborn to 12-13kg and have good quality.

It's not difficult to make your own diaper if you have the materials and a simple sewing machine.

I started to make inner diapers for my baby - from microcotton towel, using ribbons and velcro. First it was for me, then several more for my close friends ... and we are happy using them for 3-4 months now.

Lately I decided to sell them through a site for handmade stuff. There is also an option to ship from Bulgaria to EU countries for a relatively low price with no need to pay customs taxes.

You can look at http://www.etsy.com/shop/AngieZen?section_id=11804660

I hope I'm not braking any rules by posting this link.

User Tag List