It's December in Vancouver/SW Wa - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks We saw it and I really like it. Mick liked the one we saw last night better, but agrees that this one is definitely better for us due to the location and yard. The other one was just prettier and newer. I really, almost desperately want this house. We took an application and I have it filled out. It's a seventy dollar application fee which made my stomach do a nose dive. We have enough to pay that, but not to waste. So if we are denied it will really, really suck. I'm a nervous wreck, even if I logically know I have no reason to be. I'm just scared that they'll look at our credit and decide we're not worth the hassle, or talk to the apt. here or our last landlord and get a bad reference {again, no real reason to be worried because we left on good terms with the last one and are still, depsite the issues, on good terms with this one} and decide they don't want us.

My stomach is a bubbling mess right now. We'll turn in the application tomorrow and just hope and pray for the best. Can't do much more than that. You'll all be there to comfort me and pat me on the back if we're denied, right?
#62 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 04:21 AM

Jessie sending good thoughts! I would be completely honest with them. If there is something you are worried about talk to them when you drop off the application. Now I am not a landlord but I would rather somone tell me something that is going to come up and know about it and why it is different now than just find out something when I got the report back. And I will give you the best reference ever if they call me!

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#63 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I found a place I REALLY like.

It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2+ garage, HUGE backyard.
It has a nice laundry room, newer appliances, fireplace and the third small bedroom has a HUGE closet that could be used for a playroom. It on a cludesac over by Mt. View highschool. I am SOOOO in love....rent $895...which would be less than we end up paying now for our 2 bedroom apartment.

Anyways, we can't move till january. sooo...they won't hold the place for us, not even with a down payment. I would have to pay rent for Dec. then pay rent for jan...for 2 places?? yeah...no...can't even pay rent as it is.
So I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed it's still available Jan 1...cause then I hope I can apply for it.

the way life has been going for me lately..i don't think god likes me...so it'll probably rent to someone....

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#64 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 04:30 PM

That sounds great, Ericka! I hope it holds for you!

With the way the rental market is not moving at all right now, I'm surprised that they wouldn't hold the place for three weeks.
#65 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Heather, what was the name of the midwife place you mentioned to me?

Vivante needs $200 at the first appt., which is fine and completely understandable but with preparing to move we just don't have that to spare this week. I need to see someone very soon to change from Reglan to Zofran because the Reglan isn't working at all and seems like it might be increasing my anxiety level. And if we don't get this house we'll be going to our second choice, the duplex, and I do not feel comfortable birthing in a duplex. I'm just baarely comfortable with birthing in a house and am a bundle of nerves about the whole thing. Anyway, a local cnm group would be okay temporarily and then I could switch to Vivante later.
#66 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Ericka, what's your upper limit on rent price? I'll keep my eye open for listings for you, too.
#67 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
Heather, what was the name of the midwife place you mentioned to me?

Vivante needs $200 at the first appt., which is fine and completely understandable but with preparing to move we just don't have that to spare this week. I need to see someone very soon to change from Reglan to Zofran because the Reglan isn't working at all and seems like it might be increasing my anxiety level. And if we don't get this house we'll be going to our second choice, the duplex, and I do not feel comfortable birthing in a duplex. I'm just baarely comfortable with birthing in a house and am a bundle of nerves about the whole thing. Anyway, a local cnm group would be okay temporarily and then I could switch to Vivante later.
http://www.pacificmidwifery.com/
#68 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Someone kick me, I'm having second thoughts about the house. The location is perfect, as is the price and yard. I need to stop obsessing. The size is on the small side and we'd have to buy a fridge, a washer and a dryer and I don't think it had a dishwasher, but otherwise it's perfect. We're dropping off the application when M gets home. I'm stressed and anxious and have had two panic attacks today. Definitely think the Reglan is having a big effect on me in that area.

I'm not usually a hard person to please. I don't know what is wrong with me today. I'm jumpy, anxious, tense and extremely nervous. We only plan to live in this rental for 3 years and then we plan to start a hunt to buy.
#69 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the link, Heather!
#70 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 PM

Jessie was just coming to post that I think its so cute! We drove by today on the way to Trader Joes.

free fridge says need some work:
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/zip/939578163.html

washer $50
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947491236.html

set for $60
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947370044.html

newer set at estate sale $70
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947193767.html

must go clean craft room. Hope your nerves settle!

#71 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
That sounds great, Ericka! I hope it holds for you!

With the way the rental market is not moving at all right now, I'm surprised that they wouldn't hold the place for three weeks.
My high price would be 900. I HAVE to have a garage and would like a yard. Although I am picky on location. It has to be on a bus line that runs often, as it is my brothers primary way to get around. I also want to stay on the east side of vancouver. We're in fishers landing now. I don't want to go west of 205. If it had a LARGE garage, I could do 950. oh has to have a 2nd toilet...I don't share toilets.

Right now we pay $955 for rent, garage, cable, and w/s/g...but then I also have storage which is $126(136 if we're late) I am also looking for a fireplace since we use that for heat to save on electric. We own our own washer/dryer and a fridge

I would like a 3b, as campbell needs her own space...it's quite crowded with her and all her stuff in my room....plus...meeting a guy and saying I share a bedroom with my 2yr old doesn't fly so well I have noticed.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#72 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Jessie was just coming to post that I think its so cute! We drove by today on the way to Trader Joes.

free fridge says need some work:
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/zip/939578163.html

washer $50
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947491236.html

set for $60
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947370044.html

newer set at estate sale $70
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/hsh/947193767.html

must go clean craft room. Hope your nerves settle!

I am always afraid when they say "needs work" my friend got a w/d that "needed" work...$400 worth of work

TTC #3

#73 of 370 Old 12-06-2008, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

good luck to the house hunting ladies! Jessie, I too hope your nerves settle, that must really suck--hate it when I feel out of sorts : on the house, it does sound perfect!

We got a washer for $50 on craigslist from a guy who repairs them. Calls himself the 'appliance guy" and I have his phone number. Even though it was old, it works well and he gave us a warranty. He also fixed our dryer for $25.

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#74 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 AM

Jessie-Let me know I have a washer and dryer you can have for free. It's older but works just fine. We just got a new (to me) pair. If it's not too far away where you're moving I'll even deliver them if your husband will help mine unload them off our truck.

--Luli
#75 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luli View Post
Jessie-Let me know I have a washer and dryer you can have for free. It's older but works just fine. We just got a new (to me) pair. If it's not too far away where you're moving I'll even deliver them if your husband will help mine unload them off our truck.

--Luli
Seriously?! You are awesome! I will let you know as soon as I know. Most of the places we're looking at do not come equipped with washer and dryer, so wherever we move we'll likely need one. We figured we'd just have to laundromat it until we could save up to buy a set. You are too sweet! I think I might cry now! For sure Mick would be more than happy to help unload and pay you for gas, too.
#76 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luli View Post

--Luli
Okay Luli the other day I was trying to remember and I can't, is Luli your real name? You were the mama at the water center last year right? Was it last year or earlier in this year now I don't remember.

I am in a mood tonight. Go from happy to want to ball in minutes what is wrong with me! I hate being all emotional, I'm pretty emotional in the first place but this is like pregnant emotional. (No offense to any pg mamas )

#77 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Jessie-No worries they are sitting in my garage waiting for a new home. If you are staying in Vancouver no need for gas money either. Just the unloading help. I've got a bum shoulder.

Allison- My name is Cori. I did go to the WREC when I was pregnant so last year some time and met you and Amy. I remember you were sick I also saw you more recently at the Firstenburg Bazaar, I came with my friend and with Tru.

We are heading out for a Christmas tree today. I think we are going to get rained on.

--Luli or Cori
#78 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 02:21 PM

we went and got our tree yesterday from Boring Bark. We found a tree for $20 and C's school had a coupon sort of thing were if you spend $20, $10 goes to the school. It's a mom and pop run place, the owners kids and grandkids were there running around/working too. They had ornament decorations and hot chocolate set up for the kids to do and cookies to eat inside while the parents looked for a tree. they also had a horse for the kids to ride. Both Mad and C got up on the horse no problems. I think we created a monster, cause Mad didn't want to get off the horse.

anyways, I think Carson gave me something cause I woke with a major head cold. so anyone I saw the last couple of days. I'M SORRY if I gave you anything!!!!

Allison, could you be starting your period?

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#79 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post

Allison, could you be starting your period?
Nope, had a weird messed up 15 day late period last week. I am just suddenly all messed up.

Luli I remember you at Firstenberg just could not remember your name for the life of me.

#80 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
My high price would be 900. I HAVE to have a garage and would like a yard. Although I am picky on location. It has to be on a bus line that runs often, as it is my brothers primary way to get around. I also want to stay on the east side of vancouver. We're in fishers landing now. I don't want to go west of 205. If it had a LARGE garage, I could do 950. oh has to have a 2nd toilet...I don't share toilets.

Right now we pay $955 for rent, garage, cable, and w/s/g...but then I also have storage which is $126(136 if we're late) I am also looking for a fireplace since we use that for heat to save on electric. We own our own washer/dryer and a fridge

I would like a 3b, as campbell needs her own space...it's quite crowded with her and all her stuff in my room....plus...meeting a guy and saying I share a bedroom with my 2yr old doesn't fly so well I have noticed.
This one is 950 and doesn't mention a garage, but might have one. It caught my eye because it has two bathrooms.
#81 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 07:40 PM

Someone remind me that I'm happy that Ana has been learning how to write, please. 'Cause right now, I'm not feeling terribly happy about that. I'm sure I'll think it's funny in a few hours, but right now I'm annoyed.

I had the application for one of the other houses filled out and ready to go, just in case. I like having back ups. Ana must have found it this morning and for some reason thought it was a fine paper to write all over. Both sides, completely covered in Ana writing. Argh! It's not a huge deal ~ if we need another application I'm sure we could get one easily enough and Mick really didn't like that house so it's unlikely that we would move there anyway, but still. She's been writing all over everything she finds lately, despite having tons of paper easily accessible for that purpose. She's written on my packed boxes, too.

I do love it that she's learning to write. It's really cute. I just wish she would maybe stick to writing on the paper I provide for that purpose.

Nate is in an awful mood today, obsessing over everything {especially the boxes, he keeps moving them around and they're full of books so they're heavy, but he keeps trying to move and stack them and has dropped them several times but he just will not stop. And he's been picking on his siblings all day and being rude to me all day, too} and I'm getting cranky. I've cleaned the living room three times today and it's a mess again already. I wanted to make some lemon bars today and it's not going to happen because I've used all my energy trying to maintain some order around here.

I'm looking forward to the cookie party next week! Getting out with adults will be very good.
#82 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
We're in fishers landing now.

Ericka...where in Fisher's Landing do you live? We're on 16th St - by 15th and 192nd.

Me:
#83 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM

This house ad is adorable. M said he really doesn't want to go all the way out to BG though.
#84 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
This house ad is adorable. M said he really doesn't want to go all the way out to BG though.
That ad is cute but why do people not put pics up in their ads? I just don't get it. Its so easy.

Jessie hugs! We are having a day too. Maddy did not get enough sleep and has been miss attitude for the past 3 days. She pissed me off so much earlier that I snapped and told her she is going to bed early and then she was mad so she smacked Michael on the head with a book. Really hard too! And the other day she wrote on Michael's lego wish list (it came with his lego magazine and him and Grandma spent a large chunk of time filling it in with what he wants) any way she wrote I hate Michael. He was really hurt and still is.

Oh and to top it all of Michael told me that Grandma smoked in the car with the kids twice when they were up there! I am beyond livid! The only reason we let them go was because she agreed to not smoke in the house with them there and not take them out to play and just sit there and smoke by them. Okay so she agreed and even asked her husband and he said yeah sure I will go in the garage to smoke while they are here. And what does she do she smokes in the car with them. In the car, where they don't even have the opportunity to walk away they are just trapped there. SO incredibly mad. WHat kind of person thinks its okay to smoke in the car when she agreed not to smoke in the house or even out side on her porch by the kids? Now I did not specifically specify car but one would have to be pretty stupid to think that for some reason that was okay! I have not talked to her yet, she has a tendency to turn it around and I think I will email her. Ugh just so mad.

#85 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 10:52 PM

Ooooh that would make me very angry, too. Hello, common sense! It's bad enough when the kids find those tiny little loopholes to exploit the rules {Nate is a master of that}, but when a grown adult does it and puts the kids health at risk it's really bad.

I'm still obsessing over the application, but not as much as yesterday. It's turned in, it's out of my hands now. I'm almost hopeful even. I can't think of any real reason for denial.

OH! I almost forgot to mention this. Allison, Ana's voice is really hoarse today. None of the other kids are sick and that seems to be her only symptom {and goodness knows it hasn't slowed her down at all!}, but I wanted to let you know just in case it's something contagious. I hope we didn't get your kids sick!
#86 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM

no sniffles or anything here so I think we are fine. If we caught anything it would be from Leslie. I cannot believe that lady. She keeps C home from school sick and then brings him to the park to play with us. What nerve! :

#87 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM

yeah and my head feels like it's going to explode!!!! I'm all dizzy and my nose is running and I'm tired and, and, and......:

and I think I have a feevah.

or at least I'm all cold, but the house is at : 70

#88 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM

and allison, I gave you fair warning about being ill.

you said it would do him good.

:

#89 of 370 Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 PM

Poor Leslie. I'm sorry you're sick!

I kind of wish my kids would pick up some germs every now and again. They very rarely get sick, so they're not building up any of those antibodies. I thought being in school might expose them to something, but not much of anything yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't want my kids to be sick and miserable of course, I just want them to get those antibodies that build up from catching sick every now and then.
#90 of 370 Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwonamesalike View Post
Ericka...where in Fisher's Landing do you live? We're on 16th St - by 15th and 192nd.
164th and mcgilveray a block or two from fishers landing fred meyers

TTC #3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page