Moving from NC to Bothell area - HELP - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-16-2008, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am changing jobs and moving to WA. While I am very excited about actually living on the west coast, I am overwhelmed with everything that needs to happen! I will be working in Bothell and I am looking for a fantastic daycare/school for my 4 year old daughter. Any suggestions? I have looked into The Whole Earth MS and Woodinville MS. Does anyone have any experience? Thanks

Jen
#2 of 6 Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 PM

I'm not really any help... the only experience I have with Whole Earth Montessori was as a child myself, a very long time ago! It is a much bigger school now than it was in 1986!

Good luck on your relocation, I hope your move goes smoothly!

Melonee, mom to Chloe 03/21/03 ribboncesarean.gif, Cooper 02/02/2007 vbac.gif, and Piper 12/27/09  vbac.gif
#3 of 6 Old 12-17-2008, 04:56 PM

I have friends whose kids went to Woodinville Family Preschool and just raved. I don't think they have daycare though. You might check. I think it is near the high school. Good luck finding something that is the perfect fit for your family!
#4 of 6 Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My mom works at a local montessori school. She says they lose a lot of students to Woodinville Montessori because it is so good. I don't have personal experience, but I have heard it highly highly highly recommended.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#5 of 6 Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 AM

we have an appt. to visit whole earth here in a couple of weeks. the headmistress is very kind, and i know that the substantial waiting list should work out fine when they finish their planned expansion this fall.
#6 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Welcome to the area! We have lived in Bothell for the last 10 years and really like it. My daughter who is 4.5 goes to MorningStar Preschool in Kenmore. We have been pretty happy there, but it is a preschool program as opposed to a daycare. I have heard mixed things about Whole Earth--I think the best thing to do of course is to go in and visit yourself. What may be the right match for one family isn't always the right match for another. Best wishes in your search to find the right place! Beyond that, Bothell is great for lots of other fun family and kids things! Again, welcome!

Amazing Mama Birth Services
CD(DONA) and Birthing From Within Mentor and Birth Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page