Cabin Fever?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else getting a bit of cabin fever? DS and I get out almost every day, so feeling cooped up is something I am sensitive to. What are you doing to handle these snowbound days?

We walked to the library (Seattle libraries were open today and hope to be open 1-5pm a few more days this week!) and saw some sun too! I've got knitting and crocheting I have been alternating between. But I'd say much of the last few days have been occupied by helping 7 mo DS stand up, acting as a pole to hold on to, and then sit back down. This stage is funny!

Jenn, mommy to DS 5/08 wife to SAH DH

Mommy to DS (05/08), in love with my SAH DH, waiting for someone new any day now. innocent.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 AM

Hi,

I saw your post last night but didn't have time to respond. Welcome to MDC!

I am also going bonkers with cabin fever. DD is loving the snow but her feet get tired of walking since the snow is so deep. We want to go to the park and go sledding (she is 5) but I'm not sure we'll make it because the road there is dangerous and I don't feel comfortable walking it. DD did get to play in the snow with one of the neighbor kids yesterday so that was good.

Today, we played Scrabble - it was DD's idea even though she's a bit young for it. I helped her, though she did start out with her first word all by herself: "dog." I think she had fun. Also, I read books to her, we drew pictures and watched a movie. We played in the snow til we got too cold and the dog was covered in snow balls sticking to her long fur.

Hope you find a way to pass the time.

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#3 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 07:19 AM

Yes! It's been trying for us, particularly because dd has a cough & runny nose, so we've had very limited time outside in the snow. I totally know what you mean about being used to getting out everyday. Going from that to being stuck at home for a week is :
I used to live on Beacon Hill too... too bad I don't still live down that way or I could walk over and keep ya company.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#4 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 03:09 PM

Totally going nuts. We left on Tuesday to go to the grocery store and went sideways down our hill, it's just not safe out here yet! But we stocked up and are refusing to leave until it thaws. DH who's a major homebody is tired of being in the house and starting to lose it!

I'm done, I don't want to hear about snow for a very very very long time after this or I'm moving to Florida!

Jessica
Wife of one Uber-Geek: Homeschooling mom of Bubs -12 :, Buggy - 7 :, and MonkeyButt - 5 :
#5 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonAmiBella View Post
DH who's a major homebody is tired of being in the house and starting to lose it!
Now that's some serious cabin fever! My DH is also a homebody, but he's been working from home on the computer and doesn't even seem to notice that we're stuck here.

We're in the middle of a halted remodel that FIL started. He had to drive back to MT - they left the day of the second snow storm and good thing too. But now we have some work to do around the house before he can get back (via plane) sometime next month. However, it would be easier if we could get to the hardware store......

Stay warm and safe, everyone!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#6 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post
Now that's some serious cabin fever! My DH is also a homebody, but he's been working from home on the computer and doesn't even seem to notice that we're stuck here.
That's my DP too. He doesn't mind this at all, and can work from home as well. It's almost like a vacation for him.

So my Christmas plans for tonight with family have been cancelled, and tomorrow's remains to be seen. I'm so bummed.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#7 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
I used to live on Beacon Hill too... too bad I don't still live down that way or I could walk over and keep ya company.
That would've been fun! I think I met your DD at the clothes swap and she was such a sweetie!

I'm in that same boat where some Christmas plans are cancelled, some are teetering on the brink... I hope our flight gets out tonight! Time to fly with Santa!

Mommy to DS (05/08), in love with my SAH DH, waiting for someone new any day now. innocent.gif
#8 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post

We're in the middle of a halted remodel that FIL started. He had to drive back to MT - they left the day of the second snow storm and good thing too. But now we have some work to do around the house before he can get back (via plane) sometime next month. However, it would be easier if we could get to the hardware store......

Stay warm and safe, everyone!
Yup, it's getting ugly, he's going nuts!

How old is your Amelie?? I have one too, she's 4.5

Jessica
Wife of one Uber-Geek: Homeschooling mom of Bubs -12 :, Buggy - 7 :, and MonkeyButt - 5 :
#9 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 PM

"The Fever" is pretty bad at our house. I got fed up with being inside for almost 3 days straight and dug out my CRV from 1 1/2 feet of snow. I did get out of the driveway with DS but it took me 45 minutes to find a gas station that wasn't closed! Everyone in South Snohomish County is out of any kind of gas...it's unbelieveable! After that adventure, we braved the grocery store...which was out of mostly everything as well (organic milk, eggs, produce, etc). It's just amazing how a little frozen H2O can shut down everything.

I can't wait for the rain to come.
#10 of 10 Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We're going a bit crazy here too! DH is at sea, so it's just me and the three kids and the older two are bouncing off the walls. :

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page