Forum Jump: 

#421 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post

Last yesterday?
you almost tricked me for a second. It says "last up yesterday", as in they were going to pick up the last of the trees yesterday.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#422 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the idea Pauline.. they only have 54" and 61". DH needs 67". His being so tall limits what he can get. He often has to compromise because they don't make things in his size. Everything is either short and fat (in the big and tall department) or tall and fat... there is not tall and average.
#423 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
you almost tricked me for a second. It says "last up yesterday", as in they were going to pick up the last of the trees yesterday.
... I read it as last yesterday.
#424 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Allison.. did you see this?
#425 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
sounds to me like a sensitivity to the detergent/buildup in the diapers. what detergent do you use? whats your wash routine? how hard is your water? i might be able to help you trouble shoot and get your diapers back to acting like panties (non blistery i mean) no idea how to get a kid to potty learn when they arent wanting to.
Its not this as we have been using disposables for months.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#426 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Its not this as we have been using disposables for months.
But it got better in the disposables right? Although I tend to agree it might not be that since you said it was down her legs and up on her stomach.

Is she wearing wool? Maybe she has developed an allergy to it as well. Just a thought. (Or was that Laura.. I am getting so confused. : )
#427 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Allison.. did you see this?

No I did not. I have decided to let it be and just go on as normal until they get their heads out of their asses and make some damn decisions. I have written my congressman, my reps. I have emailed as well. I have voted on the sites, I have signed the petitions. I have called the CPSA and emailed their legal department with my questions four times (as I was told to do over the phone by the cpsa) all with no response! I even called the federal small business ombudsman to see if they can do anything. They can't but she placated me and let me ramble for a bit before she said let me take your number and look into it. So for now I am stocking late January as planned, am also going to be in the spotted box this month as planned and hopefully by then they will have made some decisions!

#428 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
But it got better in the disposables right? Although I tend to agree it might not be that since you said it was down her legs and up on her stomach.

Is she wearing wool? Maybe she has developed an allergy to it as well. Just a thought. (Or was that Laura.. I am getting so confused. : )
It gets better in both cloth and disp. It will go away and then come back. And no wool I don't have any that fit her right now. And yeah its down the backs of her legs, on her inner thighs, on her stomach sometimes. No where else on her body and no one else in the family has anything that looks remotely similar so at least its not contagious. Oh wouldn't that be fun if we all got this mysterious neverending rash.

#429 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the idea Pauline.. they only have 54" and 61". DH needs 67". His being so tall limits what he can get. He often has to compromise because they don't make things in his size. Everything is either short and fat (in the big and tall department) or tall and fat... there is not tall and average.

http://www.bigshotneckwear.com/
#430 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRea View Post
Thanks! They are the ones with the sucky colors and patterns.

Opps Elizabeth gets out of school in 1 minute.. better go get her.
#431 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks! They are the ones with the sucky colors and patterns.

Opps Elizabeth gets out of school in 1 minute.. better go get her.

Well they did have some solid colors!
#432 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM

okay I looked into that and it only exempts undyed, unprinted cotton so if I am going to make plain cotton things then I'm still in business.

#433 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRea View Post
Well they did have some solid colors!
Yea I know.. two were purple.. one was apple green (ick!) The champaign he already has and the butter is virtually the same color and the Navy wont match anything, although it's in the maybe category.
#434 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for trying to help Heather.. My main problem is most of these colors and color combinations they come up with are ugly and not DH's style. Of course he would just go to work Naked if they would let him.
#435 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Tiff, thanks so much for the soaker offer! I'd love some! Amelia is just over three months... I'm guessing 14 lbs?

I really don't want to be allergic to wool. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've taken OTC meds in my adult life... but I might even take benadryl if it meant I could knit the sweater of my dreams that I already bought the wooly yarn for.

I just had an idea for a group blog called "you don't have to take your wallet out to have a good time" or something to that effect, and we could share ways we have good times or make crafts or whatever without dropping a wad of cash. Anyone game?
Would you wear the sweater? I had one that was made of wool I was allergic to, and finally had to give it away. It was beautiful, but just not worth looking like I was crying all the time.

I would be totally game for a blog like that!

Quote:
They have ties at Old Navy? Do you know if they have XXL? The problem with Levi is that he is 6'6" and all torso. His inseam is only a 34. So he needs the 67" ties that this website sales. The XL ones at the Men's Warehouse have apparently shrunk and they don't fit him now either.

Hedy it's a trivection or something like that. I already have a convection. This one is suppose to cook a 22lb turkey in 2 hours.
Interesting. Hadn't heard of that. I mostly consider myself a proud luddite... although I did just join the throngs of people using touch screen phones. I feel so modern!

But if you saw my poor decrepit Blackberry that got stepped on, you'd understand. Couldn't even read the screen on that puppy, and that happened in MARCH.
#436 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM

that's all.

Tina...the asphalt here is disappearing too...I was shocked while driving..the nice roads are worse than those dumpy gravel roads filled with potholes...the other day I went to my dads house and I got off on Glisan from 205 and WOW..glisan street is HORRIBLE near the freeways. I'm wondering if they plan on doing anything about it? 164th(over here) is so torn up..I almost hate driving on it now.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#437 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
You know, I never thought of that.. cause Elizabeth does have ADD. I just figured it was her not wanting to wake up. Man is she a bear to get up! On Monday she had a two hour delay so school started at 11. I let her sleep til 9. It took me until 10 to get her up.. then she was in the shower until 10:45!!! She was late for school. I must have told her for 30 minutes to get out of the shower. After I posted this morning I opened the door and said, wash your hair and get out. I am turning off the water in 3 minutes. And wouldn't you know it.. the water shut off 3 minutes later. She just sits in the tub and lets the warm water run on her.. which is fine... for a few minutes.. not til she drains my hot water tank.

Last yesterday?

Oh I have been meaning to ask this. Does Oregon build it's roads with vanishing asphalt? Cause it's an obstacle course out there avoiding the pot holes. I hit one in Clackamas last week that I thought was gonna break my axle in two. Of course I didn't see it until it was too late. I never saw pot holes like this in California.. and we lived in an area that got lots of rain too.

OK I just checked.. Old town 43inches of rain a year compared to 82 inches a year in Sandy. It doens't seem like it rains double. But still.. where is the asphalt going?
I noticed that the roads didn't handle all of that snow and freezing well. Any little pock in the road is now 400x the original size. Road maintenance is expensive and annoying. I don't think people appreciate how much energy (literally) it takes.

#438 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I noticed that the roads didn't handle all of that snow and freezing well. Any little pock in the road is now 400x the original size. Road maintenance is expensive and annoying. I don't think people appreciate how much energy (literally) it takes.
Well to be honest.. they were filling in the pot holes on 211 last Wed. There are new ones back since then. I don't think it was the snow that did it but rather flooding. Although.. there are places on 211 in near Sandy that are pot holed too and we didn't flood.

Although 26 sucks though town since it caved in and feel on an auto body shop and the east bound lane is down to one lane in the left turn lane while they repair the road. I haven't seen the business yet but my bother said it is totaled. Squished like a pancake. This happened in the early hours of the 2nd.
#439 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

OK my computer is possessed.

This has happened twice today. I will click on a news link and my (never used) myspace page will open up briefly (like did I really see that?) Before it goes to the news link.

No where else on my computer would I see my brothers ugly mug.
#440 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, my porch paint didn't either. Add that to the list of things I'll be doing this summer once we hit a dry spell, since the walkway also needs to be painted. Who paints a walkway? Why... the crazy former owners of this house! That's who!
#441 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, my porch paint didn't either. Add that to the list of things I'll be doing this summer once we hit a dry spell, since the walkway also needs to be painted. Who paints a walkway? Why... the crazy former owners of this house! That's who!
Naw.. walkway not porch? I was going to say it was common for some reason. I saw it all the time in houses built in the teens. (hmm the teens will be upon us again soon.) But not often do I see the walkway painted. I HAVE seen it painted.. just not often.
#442 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Yeah, me neither. The people who lived here before had a LOT of time on their hands. The house was meticulously kept, which is why I jumped on it, and called my realtor from the driveway when I decided to check out the listing before my scheduled viewing of it.

But I soon realized that babies make it hard to meticulously keep a house. I do what I can, but there is always somehow more to do.
#443 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
that's all.

Tina...the asphalt here is disappearing too...I was shocked while driving..the nice roads are worse than those dumpy gravel roads filled with potholes...the other day I went to my dads house and I got off on Glisan from 205 and WOW..glisan street is HORRIBLE near the freeways. I'm wondering if they plan on doing anything about it? 164th(over here) is so torn up..I almost hate driving on it now.
there is a sign on i-5 saying 'caution large potholes'... um, bigger that the ones i already fell into??

no yard waste pickup again, it's been a month!
#444 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, me neither. The people who lived here before had a LOT of time on their hands. The house was meticulously kept, which is why I jumped on it, and called my realtor from the driveway when I decided to check out the listing before my scheduled viewing of it.

But I soon realized that babies make it hard to meticulously keep a house. I do what I can, but there is always somehow more to do.
Haha I know what you mean. I think it is about time I suck it up and call my house keeper back. I seem to be able to keep things under control for about 6 weeks.. but once past that.. it's like AGG!!! Help! I really want an Alice.
#445 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 PM

Have I mentioned that Nico has started acting out the smilies? His dancing carrot is almost as awesome and hilarious as his frozen banana.

Also, I found out about some homebuyer workshops that some of you first timers might be interested in. The person who sent me the info works closely with PDC and says that, except for PDC members and those involved with them, few people know about some of the 1st time home buyer programs discussed in the workshops. If I hadn't already purchased a home I'd go to this, even though we've already been to a different workshop on homebuying.
---

The Portland Development Commission (PDC) will hold eleven free homebuyer workshops in 2009. The PDC’s “How to Buy a Home of Your Own Workshop” will introduce attendees to the many different first-time homebuyer programs that are available in Portland to help individuals and families buy a home of their own. The free workshops will cover:

· Below-Market Rate Home Loans

· Federal Homebuyer Tax Credit programs

· Down Payment Assistance Loans

· Purchase and Renovation Loans

· Limited Tax Abatement Programs

· Non-Profit partners and much more

#446 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 PM

Well that was sad. Nico started sobbing when he saw the people drag our xmas tree into their moving van. Poor kiddo. It was a fine tree.

#447 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM

I'm back from Phoenix. It was fun, until the last night. I'm almost too tired to explain it. Joey's Mom, sister, and brother are all very lovely people. We have a great time with them. His Dad, however, is a real piece of work. He's one of those people that just exude negativity and manipulation and selfishness. I feel like I can't breathe when we have been forced to hang out with him. (They are divorced and we stay at the Mom's.) I have never met anyone so completely oblivious to the other people around him. There are two things that make matters worse. Thing One: He used to beat the crap out of Joey when Joey was a little kid. This lasted until he kicked Joey out of the house and onto the street when he was 14. Joey has forgiven him and I have to pretend like I don't want to rip the guy's face off when I see him. Thing Two: He's a very strange kind of Christian. The kind who somehow misses the entire message of Jesus and focuses entirely on sins.

So, he didn't really throw any big scenes until the last night. He came over (Joey's Mom is very gracious about this, if you ask me) and of course, started dominating the whole conversation. He is like telling Joey's Mom to make him a plate, the Mom is like, um no. So, since it was our anniversary a few days ago, we start talking about marriage...big mistake. It becomes a whole thing where the Dad is like completely baffled about why he has been divorced twice now. He really seems to think it's a Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus thing...no. It's because he's an effing headtrip with anger and control issues. He starts talking about how divorce is a sin, that he didn't make a decision to get a divorce, so his conscience is clear, blah, blah, blah.

So I tried to change the subject by mentioning that D, Joey's sister, is starting a business and that we went to see a psychic, who said it was going to be a success. (She's going to make plus size clothes, btw.) What would any father say? Perhaps a "Way to go!" or an "I know you'll be successful!" or how about an "I'm so proud of you!"?

No, because apparently psychics are messengers of Satan and D is a Satan worshipper who is going to burn in hell. Not only that, but we can just all worship Satan together and burn in hell. And then he stormed out and walked home.

I was personally glad to see him leave, but felt sorry for Joey's family, who has to see him on a regular basis. Joey said that he is done with his Dad. I am not going to be around him or have my kids around him either, even if Joey changes his mind. The guy is a nutcase.

Whew! Just had to get that off my chest.
#448 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM

Wow. What a ray of sunshine. I just love the "men are from mars" thumpers.

Welcome back!

#449 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I'm back from Phoenix. It was fun, until the last night. I'm almost too tired to explain it. Joey's Mom, sister, and brother are all very lovely people. We have a great time with them. His Dad, however, is a real piece of work. He's one of those people that just exude negativity and manipulation and selfishness. I feel like I can't breathe when we have been forced to hang out with him. (They are divorced and we stay at the Mom's.) I have never met anyone so completely oblivious to the other people around him. There are two things that make matters worse. Thing One: He used to beat the crap out of Joey when Joey was a little kid. This lasted until he kicked Joey out of the house and onto the street when he was 14. Joey has forgiven him and I have to pretend like I don't want to rip the guy's face off when I see him. Thing Two: He's a very strange kind of Christian. The kind who somehow misses the entire message of Jesus and focuses entirely on sins.

So, he didn't really throw any big scenes until the last night. He came over (Joey's Mom is very gracious about this, if you ask me) and of course, started dominating the whole conversation. He is like telling Joey's Mom to make him a plate, the Mom is like, um no. So, since it was our anniversary a few days ago, we start talking about marriage...big mistake. It becomes a whole thing where the Dad is like completely baffled about why he has been divorced twice now. He really seems to think it's a Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus thing...no. It's because he's an effing headtrip with anger and control issues. He starts talking about how divorce is a sin, that he didn't make a decision to get a divorce, so his conscience is clear, blah, blah, blah.

So I tried to change the subject by mentioning that D, Joey's sister, is starting a business and that we went to see a psychic, who said it was going to be a success. (She's going to make plus size clothes, btw.) What would any father say? Perhaps a "Way to go!" or an "I know you'll be successful!" or how about an "I'm so proud of you!"?

No, because apparently psychics are messengers of Satan and D is a Satan worshipper who is going to burn in hell. Not only that, but we can just all worship Satan together and burn in hell. And then he stormed out and walked home.

I was personally glad to see him leave, but felt sorry for Joey's family, who has to see him on a regular basis. Joey said that he is done with his Dad. I am not going to be around him or have my kids around him either, even if Joey changes his mind. The guy is a nutcase.

Whew! Just had to get that off my chest.
Arrgh! I'm so sorry that had to happen! I totally understand the not wanting to be around it or have your kids around it.

Glad you are back!
#450 of 2002 Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

OMG! The flu is considered a communicable disease the school thinks it should be notified for?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page