Happy New Year PDX!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sara, do you think Nico could be lured to go out and do something fun with Ryan?

I hope you get the rest you need.
papayapetunia is offline  
#122 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you guys see Amy's new website? I'm so proud of you, Amy! You really built your business from the ground up, just doing something that you love! :
papayapetunia is offline  
#123 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Oh man, this vacation is getting the better of me. I am so drained. And tired. And resentful. And horrible feeling. Nico's not sleeping and I'm the only one who ever takes care of him at night. Sometimes Ryan will get up with him in the morning, but Nico flat out hates Ryan right now. Wants absolutely nothing to do with him. So even though Ryan is starting to finally try to establish some connection with him, it's almost like it's too late. He's frustrated and throwing his hands up, and saying things like "well, all he wants is you. What can I do?" It's hard on everyone, for sure. But I've already been feeling on edge the last couple of weeks, and feel ready to burst into tears at any moment. I would just like a break. I would like Nico to have another "go to" person in his life. I feel so alone on so many levels and this no sleep thing intensifies every little hurt and frustration and blah! I'm just sad.


Awe, I always say something about how he looks so much like your youngest daughter, but he's really starting to get his own sweet look about him. very cute.
You know, all my kids look different to me. I never really saw how he looked like Bre. But others would tell me how Elizabeth looked like Levi and I thought they were crazy. I see it now, if nothing else, it is in her mannerisms and actions.

As for the Ryan, Nico thing, Levi was exactly the same way with Elizabeth. He actually cried one day that she hated him. So I made him start putting her to bed every other night and reading her a story. I also made him play games with her and do things with her. He never really paid that much attention to her before. He was fairly young when she was born, (23) and didn't understand that besides working he needed to help with the kids. (We actually still have somewhat of a problem with this.) He didn't have much of a father figure himself. He is much better with the younger kids.. but he also doesn't get his feelings hurt (if he does he doesn't say anything) when they just want me.
aniT is offline  
#124 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you guys see this? Birth orgasm. Neat!
papayapetunia is offline  
#125 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Were you at least doing something fun???
that's funny. Pauline, that sucks that your bed broke again. Is it IKEA or something? Maybe they'll exchange it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Oh man, this vacation is getting the better of me. I am so drained. And tired. And resentful. And horrible feeling. Nico's not sleeping and I'm the only one who ever takes care of him at night. Sometimes Ryan will get up with him in the morning, but Nico flat out hates Ryan right now. Wants absolutely nothing to do with him. So even though Ryan is starting to finally try to establish some connection with him, it's almost like it's too late. He's frustrated and throwing his hands up, and saying things like "well, all he wants is you. What can I do?" It's hard on everyone, for sure. But I've already been feeling on edge the last couple of weeks, and feel ready to burst into tears at any moment. I would just like a break. I would like Nico to have another "go to" person in his life. I feel so alone on so many levels and this no sleep thing intensifies every little hurt and frustration and blah! I'm just sad.
that sounds really hard. I agree with what others have said, that Ryan and Nico should go out and do stuff without you around, to help that bonding. Then of course you'll have time to yourself to do what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Ha! Good point! We actually went to the Sonora Brewhouse last night and they had really good beer. So, problem solved.

Lu is doing great. Her abscess has gone down a little and she's running around and shaking her butt as we speak. She keeping calling people "mops." She'll say, "Don't say that, you mops!" : She's very bossy.
mops... kind of sounds like calling people "muggles"
Lovely is offline  
#126 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Were you at least doing something fun???

Well, I bought boots. They are swell, even if they do make me look like I'm trying to be an urban yoot. (Todd said that apparently Sorel is the brand that he saw lots of urban youtt..s on the max wearing, along with the upside down visors, and fur lined hooded coats.) Awesome. Oh well. They are nice and warm, and fuzzy on the inside like slippers.

My internet connections sucks right now, so I'll just say what they are instead of trying to post a link, since NOTHING will load for me. AT ALL. Sorel Caribou winter boots.

I have Sorels...I got them when I was 16 anyways they were VERY useful this past snow storm. http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=1&cat=120∏=49 those are mine..nothing fancy though


I went and bought new tennis shoes last night and I feel EXTREMELY guilty. With losing my job and my brother moving out, money is going to be tighter than ever. Although my old shoes are well, old and falling apart and not keeping my feet dry. I found these Nike's at Fred Meyers on sale for $55. They are so nice and great colors too. I : them...I just wish I didn't have this nasty guilty feeling about buying them.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#127 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ru is being such a little muffin right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Oh man, this vacation is getting the better of me. I am so drained. And tired. And resentful. And horrible feeling. Nico's not sleeping and I'm the only one who ever takes care of him at night. Sometimes Ryan will get up with him in the morning, but Nico flat out hates Ryan right now. Wants absolutely nothing to do with him. So even though Ryan is starting to finally try to establish some connection with him, it's almost like it's too late. He's frustrated and throwing his hands up, and saying things like "well, all he wants is you. What can I do?" It's hard on everyone, for sure. But I've already been feeling on edge the last couple of weeks, and feel ready to burst into tears at any moment. I would just like a break. I would like Nico to have another "go to" person in his life. I feel so alone on so many levels and this no sleep thing intensifies every little hurt and frustration and blah! I'm just sad.
Yeah, I could definitely understand that. Vacations are often times much more work than a break for me, too. I sometimes dread them because of that.

I'm wondering if Ice Cream might do the trick? Just something to get the two of them out of there for a while for you. I know... not the best solution, but a way to lure them together for now, because yeah... desperate times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Ha! Good point! We actually went to the Sonora Brewhouse last night and they had really good beer. So, problem solved.

Lu is doing great. Her abscess has gone down a little and she's running around and shaking her butt as we speak. She keeping calling people "mops." She'll say, "Don't say that, you mops!" : She's very bossy.
That is SUPER cute!


Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Did you guys see Amy's new website? I'm so proud of you, Amy! You really built your business from the ground up, just doing something that you love! :
I haven't looked yet, but I've said it before... I want to be Amy when I grow up. That lady AMAZES me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Did you guys see this? Birth orgasm. Neat!
Yep! Pretty cool! I wish I could have seen the entire segment on extended breastfeeding. Does anyone know if they put the whole thing up, or just parts of it? Because what they did put up almost felt like an attack on the poor woman they were interviewing.
Hedy B. is offline  
#128 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
I have Sorels...I got them when I was 16 anyways they were VERY useful this past snow storm. http://www.sorel.com/Product.aspx?top=1&cat=120∏=49 those are mine..nothing fancy though


I went and bought new tennis shoes last night and I feel EXTREMELY guilty. With losing my job and my brother moving out, money is going to be tighter than ever. Although my old shoes are well, old and falling apart and not keeping my feet dry. I found these Nike's at Fred Meyers on sale for $55. They are so nice and great colors too. I : them...I just wish I didn't have this nasty guilty feeling about buying them.
Yep, I have the same ones, except mine have brown laces. But the same ones, nonetheless. It was like magic, since they only had one pair left, and it happened to be in my size! That almost never happens! I am hoping that they work on rainy days when I have to bike. They are slightly restrictive in the ankle area, so it's hard to say. I just knew I needed something for cold, wet weather, since I usually just wear clogs and socks.
Hedy B. is offline  
#129 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hedy extremely tight in the ankle...it gave me a HUGE blister when I walked about a mile to Walgreens during the snow storm.

So...I have a JOB interview today at 5:30pm!!! watching a 2yr old and a 6yr old!!!! at my house! I am SOOOOOOO nervous.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#130 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
oooooo cross your fingers i get the job and send very good get the job vibes

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#131 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 04:50 PM
 
coyotemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pacific NW near a lovely mountain
Posts: 1,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
You know, all my kids look different to me. I never really saw how he looked like Bre. But others would tell me how Elizabeth looked like Levi and I thought they were crazy. I see it now, if nothing else, it is in her mannerisms and actions.

As for the Ryan, Nico thing, Levi was exactly the same way with Elizabeth. He actually cried one day that she hated him. So I made him start putting her to bed every other night and reading her a story. I also made him play games with her and do things with her. He never really paid that much attention to her before. He was fairly young when she was born, (23) and didn't understand that besides working he needed to help with the kids. (We actually still have somewhat of a problem with this.) He didn't have much of a father figure himself. He is much better with the younger kids.. but he also doesn't get his feelings hurt (if he does he doesn't say anything) when they just want me.

HEY!!! I know you! Hope the girls didn't drive you too nuts last night...hee hee!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
coyotemist is offline  
#132 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
 
coyotemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pacific NW near a lovely mountain
Posts: 1,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, maybe I should introduce myself. Since I've found a friend on this thread, maybe I'll stop lurking!

School starts on Monday, I've got a year left to be a respiratory therapist. Breast fed both the big kids for 2 years each, trying to breastfeed the latest, and he's just now catching on. The baby was a "bonus baby" we thought we were done after 2...Really enjoying the cloth diapering (sadly I think I put too much detergent in the load in the washer now, I'll have to rewash...)

Also a fan of Sorel's...I've got big feet, bought my pair in a men's size 8 11 years ago, and they still have lots of life left. Not usually much call to wear them in Oregon...

Oh, and Anit, how's the road? If its the same as yesterday I'll have no trouble at all...

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
coyotemist is offline  
#133 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 05:16 PM
 
coyotemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pacific NW near a lovely mountain
Posts: 1,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I'm jealous of all the action going on around here! I've been on "pelvic rest" since my mid-pregnancy ultrasound and will be until delivery, and then of course at least 6 weeks afterwards. Sigh.
I'm sorry! Those 14 weeks of pelvic rest I had to deal with are still so fresh in my mind! (8 before he was born, 6 after). And even now hubby and I are just starting to reconnect (newborns seem to have this innate knowledge of when mom and dad want some "alone time"). It will go by so fast!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
coyotemist is offline  
#134 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
oooooo cross your fingers i get the job and send very good get the job vibes
Good Luck Ericka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
HEY!!! I know you! Hope the girls didn't drive you too nuts last night...hee hee!
MAN! Those girls did NOT GO TO SLEEP TIL 4:30 AM! Yours was the first up then DH woke the other two up. He decided he didn't want them staying up all night again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
OK, maybe I should introduce myself. Since I've found a friend on this thread, maybe I'll stop lurking!

School starts on Monday, I've got a year left to be a respiratory therapist. Breast fed both the big kids for 2 years each, trying to breastfeed the latest, and he's just now catching on. The baby was a "bonus baby" we thought we were done after 2...Really enjoying the cloth diapering (sadly I think I put too much detergent in the load in the washer now, I'll have to rewash...)

Also a fan of Sorel's...I've got big feet, bought my pair in a men's size 8 11 years ago, and they still have lots of life left. Not usually much call to wear them in Oregon...

Oh, and Anit, how's the road? If its the same as yesterday I'll have no trouble at all...
How long have you been lurking here?

Roads are fine, no worse than yesterday. My tires must really suck if I get stuck in my driveway and everyone else can get around. How's your flooding?

Hey... dh just told me that the Bike Exchange at the bikeexchange.pdx.com has everything on sale because they are broke. They will also give you an extra $30 off if you mention their craigslist ad.
aniT is offline  
#135 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM
 
zeldabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pee Dee Ecks
Posts: 4,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're going to OMSI. Anyone wants to meet us, my number's on the PDX MDC list.
zeldabee is offline  
#136 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
We're going to OMSI. Anyone wants to meet us, my number's on the PDX MDC list.
I hope you get a lot of use out of that membership you got for Chrsitmas!

We have had a membership a couple times, but we never used it as much as we could. It is always an all day trip for us.
aniT is offline  
#137 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
 
coyotemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pacific NW near a lovely mountain
Posts: 1,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
MAN! Those girls did NOT GO TO SLEEP TIL 4:30 AM! Yours was the first up then DH woke the other two up. He decided he didn't want them staying up all night again.



How long have you been lurking here?

Roads are fine, no worse than yesterday. My tires must really suck if I get stuck in my driveway and everyone else can get around. How's your flooding?
Naughty girls. I don't like them staying up all night either, Des is completely hormonal when she hasn't had enough sleep.

I've lurked off and on. I've spent most of my time over at the November DDC, but then we'll be archived soon, and since I enjoy it so much, I've been looking for a new place to hang out...

If your van is rear wheel drive that's probably the problem, not the tires. If you got your tires from Les Schwab, you could ask them to scipe the tires, that helps a lot. I think it's about $11 a tire to do it? Makes them stick to the road better.

Off to start the washer yet again...really got to get a measuring spoon for the detergent so I don't over do it again...

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
coyotemist is offline  
#138 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotemist View Post
Naughty girls. I don't like them staying up all night either, Des is completely hormonal when she hasn't had enough sleep.

I've lurked off and on. I've spent most of my time over at the November DDC, but then we'll be archived soon, and since I enjoy it so much, I've been looking for a new place to hang out...

If your van is rear wheel drive that's probably the problem, not the tires. If you got your tires from Les Schwab, you could ask them to scipe the tires, that helps a lot. I think it's about $11 a tire to do it? Makes them stick to the road better.

Off to start the washer yet again...really got to get a measuring spoon for the detergent so I don't over do it again...
Run a few cycles with hot hot water. Boil water on the stove and pour it on ontop of the diapers. (I assume you have a top loader.) Once there are no more suds in the washer then wash with soap. What type of soap are you using? I use Country Sav. It seems kind of expensive but it last forever. It says 84 loads but it lasts me two or three months. When I wash diapers I only use 1/4 a scoop. I also find that powder rather than liquid works better with cloth diapers.

The girls are building snowmen out back.
aniT is offline  
#139 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks everyone. I chewed Ryan out pretty good and started packing up to go home but changed my mind because Nico really wasn't ready to go yet. We hadn't told him that we were going to leave or anything. And there was so much cleaning to do... Ryan apologized for being defensive and frustrated this morning (he had been a real jerk when I got up at 7 after he couldn't soothe Nico). And of course says that he wants to step up more. But he keeps blaming his lack of participation on all of these external things, like for a while we had been sleeping in separate beds, and so how was he supposed to know when to help with Nico... even though he's quite capable of sleeping through a raging tantrum one foot from his head... so, whatever. My experience is that when someone blames something or someone else for preventing them from doing what they want, things don't change. But, maybe I'm wrong. I'm a bit gloomy right now.

Anyway, I sent them off swimming so that I could clean up around the house. Had some time left over, so I did my new seasons order (man do I love that!) and here I am. I wish I was more of a napper, but I always hate the idea of going to sleep when I'm awake. Seems like a preposterous idea, and I'm rarely able to pull it off when I try.

Erm. Anyway, thanks again for the and suggestions. I'll be glad to get home tomorrow, but also sad that things didn't go as well as they usually do or as I wanted them too.

Oh, and we're going to be going to a daycare open house tomorrow. : that it's a good fit for us. One of the things that's really been adding to my stress level this trip is that Nico has finally entered his tantrum/screaming phase. He was being very in-your-face with the kids who wanted to share with him at the library this last week. I guess that was a good thing, though, as it clued me into the fact that I should be preparing him more for the transition into peer-play/childcare. We've been doing some role playing that seemed to help right away, so we'll see.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#140 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 08:44 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry for the novel. With the rambling, I hadn't realized how long that was. Shit!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#141 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 PM
 
Sage.Naissance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey PDX mamas,
I lurk on here sometimes, as I am fairly new to PDX and like to learn about whats going on, and have a few friends in the group. Anyhow I just wanted to post on here to let y'all know about the Portland Birth Collective and our facebook page, for those of you who endulge in the additional internet pass-time of facebook.
We are a group of birth professionals(presently primarily doulas and midwife students) who work together to support PDX moms in the childbearing year and advocates for healthy birth, parenting, breastfeeding etc.
We are just trying to reach out to everyone to let you all know that we exist, so if you have a facebook join our group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...3640318&ref=mf
Our actual website should be up shortly but in the meantime facebook is the best way to find us!
Cheers!
Sage.Naissance is offline  
#142 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 PM
 
AmyMay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Did you guys see Amy's new website? I'm so proud of you, Amy! You really built your business from the ground up, just doing something that you love! :
Aw thanks Candice!!!! You all know you supported and helped create this for me, so I am forever indebted to you! To new beginnings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Did you guys see this? Birth orgasm. Neat!
I had a friend's mom explain her birth comparing it to orgasm. I mean, WOW. I'd have what she's having PLEASE!!!

I watched 20/20 last night and they discussed unassisted birth, home births and surrogacy. Very interesting, and I was surprised in that they advertised the program as almost putting the issues in a negative or dangerous light, but when the actual program was on, it seemed more positive and informational than anything else. I particularly liked hearing about the mom who gave birth to all of her kids unassisted and that Ricky Lake was on the program, too. (am I coming in late on this discussion? Surely you guys have already been talking about this...LOL) I just thought it was really great.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Ru is being such a little muffin right now.



Yeah, I could definitely understand that. Vacations are often times much more work than a break for me, too. I sometimes dread them because of that.

I'm wondering if Ice Cream might do the trick? Just something to get the two of them out of there for a while for you. I know... not the best solution, but a way to lure them together for now, because yeah... desperate times...



That is SUPER cute!




I haven't looked yet, but I've said it before... I want to be Amy when I grow up. That lady AMAZES me.



Yep! Pretty cool! I wish I could have seen the entire segment on extended breastfeeding. Does anyone know if they put the whole thing up, or just parts of it? Because what they did put up almost felt like an attack on the poor woman they were interviewing.
Hedy, you make me shiny inside...

Hey everyone! I want to organize or get the ball rolling towards a Naked Ladies Party/Clothing swap.

I think this could be a fun and super easy thing to plan. I was thinking about the Sellwood Community Center and just setting up some tables around the room for laying clothes out on. Who would be interested????

I'm thinking maybe late February?
AmyMay is offline  
#143 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 PM
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
So...I have a JOB interview today at 5:30pm!!! watching a 2yr old and a 6yr old!!!! at my house! I am SOOOOOOO nervous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
oooooo cross your fingers i get the job and send very good get the job vibes
Yay! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
Hey everyone! I want to organize or get the ball rolling towards a Naked Ladies Party/Clothing swap.

I think this could be a fun and super easy thing to plan. I was thinking about the Sellwood Community Center and just setting up some tables around the room for laying clothes out on. Who would be interested????

I'm thinking maybe late February?
That sounds cool. I have some really cool clothes that just are no longer for me to give away. And new finds are so much fun!

Nice to see you post here your new website is AWESOME.
Lovely is offline  
#144 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm published on the Metro Parent website!
papayapetunia is offline  
#145 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 10:27 PM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
Hey everyone! I want to organize or get the ball rolling towards a Naked Ladies Party/Clothing swap.

I think this could be a fun and super easy thing to plan. I was thinking about the Sellwood Community Center and just setting up some tables around the room for laying clothes out on. Who would be interested????

I'm thinking maybe late February?
I'd be totally into it as long as the size 12 and up crowd was participating
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#146 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
I'd be totally into it as long as the size 12 and up crowd was participating
Umm.. nope sorry. Other's might though.
aniT is offline  
#147 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 10:43 PM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage.Naissance View Post
Hey PDX mamas,
I lurk on here sometimes, as I am fairly new to PDX and like to learn about whats going on, and have a few friends in the group. Anyhow I just wanted to post on here to let y'all know about the Portland Birth Collective and our facebook page, for those of you who endulge in the additional internet pass-time of facebook.
We are a group of birth professionals(presently primarily doulas and midwife students) who work together to support PDX moms in the childbearing year and advocates for healthy birth, parenting, breastfeeding etc.
We are just trying to reach out to everyone to let you all know that we exist, so if you have a facebook join our group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...3640318&ref=mf
Our actual website should be up shortly but in the meantime facebook is the best way to find us!
Cheers!
Hi Stephanie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post

Hey everyone! I want to organize or get the ball rolling towards a Naked Ladies Party/Clothing swap.

I think this could be a fun and super easy thing to plan. I was thinking about the Sellwood Community Center and just setting up some tables around the room for laying clothes out on. Who would be interested????

I'm thinking maybe late February?
Sounds good!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#148 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
 
AmyMay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There will be lots of women there, lots of sizes, no worries!

I'm going to put it on UrbanMamas too, so expect a LOT of women there.

We'll organize the tables by size.

I'm thinking we will have a bunch of kids toys in the middle of the gym, too, so that the kids can play while moms browse. All in the same room.

Candice I LOVE THAT ARTICLE! So timely and informative! Thank you so much for sharing!
AmyMay is offline  
#149 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I have tried that a few times. When he fell asleep at 6, I put him to bed.. and when he woke up at 9 I tried to nurse him back to sleep like it was midnight.. Nope didn't work.. he was out of bed and up til 1am.
yah it wouldn't have worked here until recently, like when he started sleeping 12 hours in a stretch and all... much younger, totally would have been a nap. ii am glad we really didn't skip TOO many naps until this older age, baby without would have been evn more dreadful.
spottiew is offline  
#150 of 2002 Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Ruby did that too for a while. Ugh. it's miserable. We were to a point where she was tired, but fighting naps, and then would finally nap but then bedtime was miserable and long. So, we ditched naps. there was a couple of weeks figuring it out, and now she's down by about 8 and up by 7... mostly. But if she naps at all? oy. she will stay up late and get up earlier. Bizarre kid. but cute.
oh i would have loved 'a few weeks' to sort it out, it's been a YEAR... crappy with, crappy without, etc. tho he never did stay up real late, and the 'without' bedtime was the worse one.

tonight, he just started throwing things and crashing into walls, so we dragged him upstairs...
spottiew is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off