Looking for an Azure Standard group in Seattle... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay - can you tell me how to join the Sea-tac drop? Do I just do it through the Azure website? I'm totally green here....anyone wanna help? The thought of saving that much on groceries almost makes me wanna cry.

Still a sleepy mama to my fabulous 2 year old girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 01-18-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
Okay - can you tell me how to join the Sea-tac drop? Do I just do it through the Azure website? I'm totally green here....anyone wanna help? The thought of saving that much on groceries almost makes me wanna cry.
Yeah- the number in the post above is correct (with the 206 area code), and it's Jodelle that manages that drop. She was really nice and called me right back to tell me that they would love for me to join the drop. The next order comes on the 27th, and you have to have your order in by the 23rd.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#33 of 50 Old 01-18-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Yeah- the number in the post above is correct (with the 206 area code), and it's Jodelle that manages that drop. She was really nice and called me right back to tell me that they would love for me to join the drop. The next order comes on the 27th, and you have to have your order in by the 23rd.

Thank you!!! Do they do a monthly drop and is it always on the same day? How does the pickup work? Can you go anytime that day or do you have to hurry there once you know what time the drop will be?

Still a sleepy mama to my fabulous 2 year old girl
#34 of 50 Old 01-18-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
Thank you!!! Do they do a monthly drop and is it always on the same day? How does the pickup work? Can you go anytime that day or do you have to hurry there once you know what time the drop will be?
Yeah, they do a monthly order... and she told me that you can order a drop schedule from AS to see the exact dates. The Seatac drop meets at a church parking lot, so you have to be there when the truck arrives to get your stuff. I think she said it was a 6pm scheduled drop. Oh- Church by the Side of the Road, corner of 148th and Pacific Hwy.

Oh- and since you have to be there to meet the truck, you can order perishables (yay!!). I finally have a source of lamb bones to make broth with! : (I've been saving bones from our lamb we get from PCC, but it takes forever to get enough for broth.)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#35 of 50 Old 01-18-2009, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Now you have me thinking about church parking lots etc where we could do a north seattle drop. My neighbor is active in a church around here, I'll have to see if she thinks it might work.

I am trying to figure out how many mamas I could get involved in this for our area.

Large moving and delivery trucks have had no problem getting to our house/street. I wonder if they'd do it or not.
#36 of 50 Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM

SeaTac seems like a long drive. I remember about three years ago, a friend of a friend was a drop point in Bellevue. Anyone else on the Eastside interested? I don't have a lot of space in my apartment, but I might like to split some things.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#37 of 50 Old 03-14-2009, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There is one in Bellevue. The order for the month had to be in Friday, but you could order for april. PM me and I can pass on the info.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#38 of 50 Old 05-11-2009, 01:08 AM

All:
I belonged to a "food buying club" while living in Iowa & we met monthly to place our order. It was a wonderful social time that took about 2 hours. We arranged it so we placed the new order when picking up our monthly order.
I would LOVE to be a part of something similar through Azure & would happily "host" the monthly drop/order meetings.
I'm in the North Seattle/Lake Forest Park area - feel free to respond or reply directly to me.
Cheers!
Carol
#39 of 50 Old 05-11-2009, 02:39 AM

Whoa! I'm subbing here in Greenwood/N Seattle- update if you get anything going!!! In addition to AZ, I'm interested in any drop-off style distribution e.g. raw milk/bulk ordering/etc.

Wife to my of 10 years, SAHM to my 2 beautiful homebirthed girls Sydney (4/29/2006) Kennedy (3/21/2010) & 1 super Newfoundland
#40 of 50 Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Looking for a drop point a bit North of Seattle ~ Snohomish area. Anyone know of one?
#41 of 50 Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 AM

I'm in N Seattle, near the zoo, but in an apartment so I couldn't be a drop off point. I'd be willing to travel north as far as Everett, if we have some people just above Seattle interested in getting a drop going.

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#42 of 50 Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 AM

There is a drop in Everett. I have the email of the contact if anyone wants it, just pm me. I do not know if it's considered open for more orders or not. I would check with her first (and you need the drop number from her anyway).

I don't know what is needed for a new drop in Seattle. We'd need a good number of people, I think. However, maybe we only need $500 in total orders, if I remember correctly. The one south near the airport is so inconvenient because it comes around the end of the day and traffic is bad. With Everett, I can go up the next morning. She doesn't have a ton of refrigerator space though for chilled items so it's best to get your stuff the same day if you can.

I'm not far from the zoo either. I get my raw milk in Phinney. I only order from Azure every 3 mo probably though.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#43 of 50 Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The drop point doesn't have to be your home. Ours is in a parking lot. It's just required that everyone be there to get their stuff when the truck arrives, and we have a phone tree.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#44 of 50 Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Hi DahliaRW,

I know this is an old thread, but I am very interested in joining that Bellevue drop for AS! I tried, but wasn't able to pm you.

Thank you!

#45 of 50 Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

If the drop point is public, then just call Azure Standard, and they will add you.  So many questions here could have been answered by calling their number and speaking with a live person.  There are private, closed drop-points that they can tell you about in general but they cannot provide direct contact information.

We have a private drop point on the C-2 route.  The driver has to approve the drop-point.  Everyone's stuff is separately packaged at our drop, by request, but they can be packaged together--the manager of the public drop point gets a modest discount for separating them.

Weavingmama, good like finding one that works for you.  We've ordered from AS since 2006.  It hasn't replaced the co-op for me-- I like to smell seeds and nuts before purchasing because often I can smell impending rancidity before most others, plus product selection is limited--but I always recommend them.  And especially try their lentils-- the best I have ever had.  Who would have thought that a humble pulse would taste so different from producer to producer?

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#46 of 50 Old 05-06-2013, 12:02 PM

I did call AS, and they gave me the contact for a public drop not too far from me. However, she told me that there are private drops closer to me in Bellevue, but I would have to ask around to try to find one, which is what I'm trying to do! :-)

Thanks for the lentil recommendation! I will keep that in mind to try out! And I do agree, I love supporting the local co-op (PCC), especially as they do so many great things for the community.

#47 of 50 Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 PM

I am part of a private drop in Bellevue( at least I think it is), but it doesn't make sense to me why the Azure wouldn't give you the drop persons number. I'm on the c-4 route. You should be able to call and ask for the contact info. That is how I found c-4. It's right off of the 90 E in Eastlake. If there are private drops that she won't give you the info for, then the group Is probably closed to new members... Oh and most of us who were originally on this discussion, like Dahlia, use c-4 smile.gif

Mother to Malek 08/15/05 and Sephina 03/11/10 :
#48 of 50 Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 AM

It might have been awhile since you found the group, or there was a specific note that it was OK to share contact info.  I imagine that if someone didn't want the group to be completely open, then they might approve sharing it.  Even 7 years ago when we joined, private contact information was not shared as a rule.  We had one time where an order from a nearby drop was accidentally left off, and they played intermediary until I approved our number be shared with the person.  I am the contact for our drop, and the site was my house.

You could request that either Azure contact them, or else ask the driver to pass on your number to the drop person.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#49 of 50 Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM

I tried out the totem lake drop for the first time yesterday. However, normally drops are between 11 and 1, but yesterday's was delayed until 4pm, and I wasn't able to get there at that time. The co-ordinator was very gracious in picking up my things for me. (So I actually did not even make it there for my first order!) It really threw my day off! I understand that such delays happen about once a year?!

#50 of 50 Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM

We are the first drop on the C-2 route, and our guy is on time down to the minute--7am.  Once in a blue moon, he calls in advance to ask for an evening delivery the day before.  Busier routes, a later drop point, when the truck travels I-5 at peak times, you will see that more often.  Our previous driver was less punctual, also, and we frequently received calls for a later delivery.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page