Non-Vax friendly MD (Ped or GP) in Redmond/East side - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does such a thing exist? We are moving up here from TX and I have 3 little ones that I'd like to get a Dr's relationship established. Non-Vax friendly is a must.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 AM

Here's a link of vaccine friendly doctors. Scroll down to Oregon. There's one in Bend. Not sure if that's too far for you to go, but I think it's near Redmond.

http://askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook...ly_Doctors.asp
#3 of 9 Old 01-30-2009, 02:51 AM

I used Sharon Hempler in Redmond on a delayed schedule. She's recommended by my midwives, but I really don't know if she's ok with not vaxing as I moved before we had a child we didn't vax. I always got the feeling that she didn't want to vaccinate my daughter and her attitude caused me to first question vax's. Anytime I'd ask a question about a vax, she'd say "that's ok, we can skip it now and do it later." She's at Kid's clinic in Redmond. 425-881-kids call her and ask, they're pretty up-front about non-vaxing here and it's not uncommon at all for people to not vax.

I would NOT recommend Pediatric associates in Redmond. I found them to be very mainstream and the ones I used were uneducated about intact penises. This was 8 years ago, maybe they've changed.

You'll have access to lots of different kinds of dr's up here. We use a naturapath. If you call Puget Sound midwives (425-823-1919) they can recommend a good naturapath who specializes in children. Once you use one, you'll never go back to a regular dr.
The naturapaths they have listed on ther list of pediatricians are
Kirkland: Kimberly Kelly, ND, RN, LM (206) 361-0346
Candace Aasan, ND, LM 425-820-7700

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#4 of 9 Old 01-30-2009, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyintraining2 View Post
Here's a link of vaccine friendly doctors. Scroll down to Oregon. There's one in Bend. Not sure if that's too far for you to go, but I think it's near Redmond.

http://askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook...ly_Doctors.asp
Bend is near Redmond OREGON, not Redmond WASHINGTON. Washigton has a North Bend. But the OP is from the Seattle area. So going to Bend OR would be a 7 hour drive or so!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#5 of 9 Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM

Oops! Guess I got confused with the Washington, Oregon, Idaho states clumped together under one tribe.

Yeah, seven hours would be a long drive, although I guess it may be worth it if there were none any closer. I drive an hour and a half away for a vax-friendly (or is it non-vax friendly) ped.

Anyway, there are some Washington doctors on that same link. Forget the Oregon reference
#6 of 9 Old 01-31-2009, 02:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No worries, it happens all the time. Two states with two cities so close together with similar names!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#7 of 9 Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 AM

My 2 kids see Dr. Candace Aasan, a naturopath, in Kirkland (across from Evergreen Hospital)...we've been using her for about 1 1/2 years & I'm pretty sure she's non-vax friendly. The first time we met with her she discussed pros & cons of vaxing & mentioned her delayed vax schedule, but she leaves the decision up to the parents. She's with Cascade Natural Medicine (www.cascadenaturalmedicine.com) # is (425) 820-7700 & if she's not available, there are 3 other NDs in her practice- Dr. Vivian Sovran (very nice, have seen her before), Dr. Sheila Kingsbury, & Dr. Robin Russell. Hope that helps, good luck!
#8 of 9 Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticzenmom View Post
You'll have access to lots of different kinds of dr's up here. We use a naturapath. If you call Puget Sound midwives 425-923-1818, they can recommend a good naturapath who specializes in children. Once you use one, you'll never go back to a regular dr.
The naturapaths they have listed on ther list of pediatricians are
Kirkland: Kimberly Kelly, ND, RN, LM (206) 361-0346
Candace Aasan, ND, LM 425-820-7700
I'm not sure if that's the right #, the one I have is (425) 823-1919 (used them w/ my last birth!)
#9 of 9 Old 02-02-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDP1 View Post
I'm not sure if that's the right #, the one I have is (425) 823-1919 (used them w/ my last birth!)
You're right! I'll go fix mine. Oops.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page