Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aw, Sara...I'm sorry.
#302 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Happy Birthday Candice :

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#303 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
how about the shenis?

Those Mirador bamboo towels are AMAZING. I dream of being able to afford to fill my bathroom with those towels. For now I just have the little kitchen towels. Love em!

I'm sorry Nico is having such a rough day. It seems like if he could warm up to the people, which may indeed take a really tough while, he would enjoy the structure and the availability of new things to figure out. Poor little guy. It's too bad you don't have the ability to go with him for a few weeks of transition time.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#304 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
are you serious? After your washing machine, stove, car, and now this?? Dang.

Crate and Barrel has a wooden dish rack that I want! They have them at Mirador, too, but after 2 years it is starting to fall apart. I think the C&B one would last longer.

Sara first day of school! He'll do great. Hope you took a picture of him, or take one at the end of the day. I love all the first-day-of-school pictures that my mom took of me.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I am now officially working 100% from home with no more traveling. I am so, so happy and really enjoying my new project. :
THAT is WONDERFUL, Lee!!! I'm so happy for you! :

Yeah, it was stupid Just stopped working. I have no idea why. It had been quitting mid-cycle, but it had to do with the door being rattled open. This time, I tried opening and closing the door a few times, that didn't work. I tried resetting it. That didn't work. I tried resetting the GFCI. That didn't work. Todd repeated my steps. Nothing worked. So we just sort of looked at each other and let out a collective p-shaaa.

He removed it this morning, and its swan song was to drain out allllllllll over the kitchen floor. Some of it ran down the basement steps. Gross. I had to use all of our (thankfully used, as today is wash day) towels to mop up the mess.

We are still trying to figure out what model we want to get, or if we should replace it with a bisque coloured one, or get something stainless steel.

I guess since our goal is to rent this place out, we'll probably just go for the bisque.
#305 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM

Hey hedy, did you guys check for a clog in the drain? My BIL's dishwasher quit, and when the guy came to install the new one, they found out the drain was just clogged. They still replaced it, but the old one works fine now : Sorry so many of your appliances are pooping out on you!

I hope all the sickies are doing better. Chase was sneezing snot ropes this morning and he's majorly cranky. Currently napping, I hope for a long time.

Sara, I'm sorry Nico is having such a tough time adjusting to school I hope next Friday is better.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#306 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
yeah, it's a neat concept. Every kid brings in their own towel, and when they want to play alone or they want a toy to themselves, they get on the towel or leave the toy on their towel. I think she said it was waldorfian thing, I can't remember. Nico and I practiced it yesterday and this morning, I think it'll help him get used to things, knowing that he has a personal space available to him.

I have towel envy, myself. It's 100% bamboo. I found myself overly fondling it this morning
I really like that towel idea. I think I might have to try that here.
Sorry things are not going too smoothly Sara
#307 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
I really like that towel idea. I think I might have to try that here.
Sorry things are not going too smoothly Sara
#308 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 05:27 PM

Thanks everyone. He was so happy to see me, and so ready to go. After over an hour, I told him I'd read this one book and then head out for a bit. He was not too hip to the idea, but after the book I hit the head and when I got out he was playing with the trains so I snuck out the back. I hope I didn't totally fuck up, not making a more firm "goodbye." Sigh. Now I'm at home, trying to connect to the server so I can work, not having much luck, and waiting to get another call. I guess it's been an hour, so that's something.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#309 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Chase was sneezing snot ropes this morning and he's majorly cranky. Currently napping, I hope for a long time.
Half a frickin' hour?!?!?! Thirty lousy minutes?!?!? Are you kidding me???

Someone shoot me now....

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#310 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Now that you describe it more, it definitely sounds vascular. I also don't think Raynaud's is likely. When you say a different color in the affected leg, do you mean darker? When you press on your toenails on either side, does the affected leg take longer to refill? The pulse differences is really the give away in my opinion. If they can't get you into their office for 2 weeks, then try somewhere else to see if you can get in there. If you can't be seen soon, then you should go into the ER. I want don't want to scare you, but the condition you're describing can cause some very serious and irreversible problems. If you like (and don't mind being exposed to RSV) I can look at your leg and call one of the two vascular surgeons or their PA to get you to try and get an appt quickly. I'm friends outside of work with their PA and his wife (who's due next month with another redhead).
im going thurs. morrow's receptionist is all 'WHO referred you? your FOOT?'.
the color is white/purple/grey, little toenail is kinda always purple grey, i have red blotches on the ball of foot, too. podiatrist said the color is not important?
it's bad today-up to mid-calf too (that is not an extremity!)... was better for 2 days (not right, just better), but i swear docs poking at it stir it up! ill see how wknd goes, i don't mind going to the ER just to make sure that i can wait until thurs!

ok, here is the kieran story that i forgot:
what's a molecule?
what DOESN"T have molecules?
air?
words?
TRAIN TRACKS! (right, metal alloy crystals)

also:
what's texas in spanish?
what's georgia?
what's WAFFLE HOUSE?

now to entertain him on my butt for 2 days... and no more urban grind, they changed AGAIN, far less toys = lame.
#311 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Hey hedy, did you guys check for a clog in the drain? My BIL's dishwasher quit, and when the guy came to install the new one, they found out the drain was just clogged. They still replaced it, but the old one works fine now : Sorry so many of your appliances are pooping out on you!

I hope all the sickies are doing better. Chase was sneezing snot ropes this morning and he's majorly cranky. Currently napping, I hope for a long time.

Sara, I'm sorry Nico is having such a tough time adjusting to school I hope next Friday is better.
Yup. That was the first thing we did when we pulled it out, and it peeeeeed all over our floor. No clog.

I have no idea how old it is, since it was here when we moved in. It couldn't be more than 10 years old, but it's a frigidaire, which unfortunately isn't known for longevity with kitchen appliances. My mom did frigidaire gallery in her kitchen with EVERYTHING, and some of the stuff crapped out after only 3 years. Now I"m looking at my refrigerator that is also a frigidaire, as well as my oven... and stove. Hm.

I know the previous owners renovated this house in 1997, so I'm kinda half expecting to need to replace the other things after not too long... this is, however, one of the reasons I jump behind my fridge every 6 months or so to clean the coils. I'm totally baby'ing that thing. I think though, I may take a page from Laura's book and look on Craig's list when the time comes to replace it, because a decent refrigerator is NOT cheap.

Quote:
Thanks everyone. He was so happy to see me, and so ready to go. After over an hour, I told him I'd read this one book and then head out for a bit. He was not too hip to the idea, but after the book I hit the head and when I got out he was playing with the trains so I snuck out the back. I hope I didn't totally fuck up, not making a more firm "goodbye." Sigh. Now I'm at home, trying to connect to the server so I can work, not having much luck, and waiting to get another call. I guess it's been an hour, so that's something.
Hm, sometimes that's what you have to do. I feel like there are times when they need to see that there is fun to be had in a new setting, and if that means they don't see me leave, then that's what that means. It's still definitely hard though!

I hope he's doing better there now.

Quote:
Half a frickin' hour?!?!?! Thirty lousy minutes?!?!? Are you kidding me???

Someone shoot me now....
Oh, suck! I'm so sorry about that!

++++

Is anyone else going to Flight of the Conchords? Not that it matters since seating is assigned.
#312 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
ugh. Got a call from the school. Nico isn't playing, isn't eating, and when she put me on the phone with him he totally lost it.
im not sure those are worries on day #1? at our school, many of the kids eat poorly at first, and like to watch the class vs. 'do' anything- they say 2 weeks they are not really themselves (not that they are miserable, they are just 'off' and may not eat/potty/sleep normal, some just wander the room)... did they do a brief visit first, like only 30 mins? (sorry, i missed some of the news when you picked a place and all). you could do shorter times at first, then a bit more, etc. or some days off, then do more... would they let you join him for lunch one day, or some other 'visit' time?
#313 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM

oh, man, Karen, that sucks!

Sara, I hope he holds out well until the end of the day.

I lured Cliff home for lunch with BLT's and cookies! He couldn't stay long but Maddy was thrilled. Plus that means he didn't spend money on lunch. I discovered that my stand mixer makes homemade mayonnaise just as well as a food processor (which I don't have). In case anyone was wondering . We don't use enough mayo to justify buying a jar.

OK, back to the work that never ends...

#314 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Still no calls. Maybe I did ok, sneaking out like that. I hope it's going all right. Sigh. I'm not working at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
now to entertain him on my butt for 2 days... and no more urban grind, they changed AGAIN, far less toys = lame.
Wow, that is lame. You never know what you're going to get at that place anymore. But, I guess we'll never get any more updates if they're so kid un-friendly that none of us ever bother going anymore.

Also, your kid is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
im not sure those are worries on day #1? at our school, many of the kids eat poorly at first, and like to watch the class vs. 'do' anything- they say 2 weeks they are not really themselves (not that they are miserable, they are just 'off' and may not eat/potty/sleep normal, some just wander the room)... did they do a brief visit first, like only 30 mins? (sorry, i missed some of the news when you picked a place and all). you could do shorter times at first, then a bit more, etc. or some days off, then do more... would they let you join him for lunch one day, or some other 'visit' time?
I shouldn't think that it would be so weird for a kid to be off, either. I think they were mostly worried about all of those things in conjunction with him being so afraid.

I'm going to see if I can bring him for an hour or two next wednesday and thursday. I hate messing up their routines though. Sigh, it's just not very easy at all.

#315 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM

There is that one girl there with the glasses who usually wears a hat. I figured out she's really really shy, but the way she puts the toys away is REALLY unwelcoming, just throwing them in through the door, and into the big toy trough like that so they make a loud racket.

Anyway, I don't really like going there anymore because

1. They never clean the toys, and they are super grimy, and

2. That girl.
#316 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
we found out what the check is for. insurance didnt pay my dentist for all the work i got this fall/winter. instead they are sending us the $ and WE have to pay the dentist.
arghl!
I hate it when they do this. I have had more than one patient keep the money... and I get screwed. Doctors have to pay bills too! I wish insurance companies would get it right.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#317 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:54 PM

our craigslist fridge is a frigidaire the guy delivered it, it was totally spotless, and it has humidity controlled veggie drawers and is easy to clean... it's been almost two years and I still love it.

#318 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM

If they can send the check, why can't they send it to the person they owe the money to? This makes no sense!

Did you have to inquire about why you got the check, Tiff? I bet some people probably assume they had an overpayment or something and this is the insurance company making amends.

How frustrating for providers!
#319 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
our craigslist fridge is a frigidaire the guy delivered it, it was totally spotless, and it has humidity controlled veggie drawers and is easy to clean... it's been almost two years and I still love it.
Well, mine is probably at least 12 years old, so...
#320 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM

My parents had a frigidaire washer and dryer that they bought when I was a year old, in 1977. They replaced them the year they redid their house, in 2001. I think their washers are pretty good, or at least they used to be.
#321 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Whoa. I just called for my status update and Nico is asleep!

#322 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
oh Sara, i'm so sorry.
school transitions are tough.

we found out what the check is for. insurance didnt pay my dentist for all the work i got this fall/winter. instead they are sending us the $ and WE have to pay the dentist.
arghl!
I have had that happen, except I never got the check. And the chiro called and yelled at me a year later. And I was like.. ummm if you had brought this to my attention 6 months ago I would have taken care of it.. but as is.. I NEVER GOT THE CHECK and didn't know anything about it. I think she thought I was lying. And we worked in trade and she refused to pay us the $90 they owed us before we moved from Cali. EVEN THOUGH the insurance company told me they had reissued the check to the chiro after confirming we never cashed it. Bah. I never liked that chiro as a person anyway. He was a good enough chiro... but he wasn't very nice.. and kinda weird.
#323 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:20 PM

:Happy Birthday Candice!:
#324 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Oh yea.... and happy birthday Candace.

I got an email from my "sister" she wants to keep in contact. I forwarded it to DH who asked if all of my "dad's" kids hated him. She hasn't talked to him since she was 16 and cussed him out when he called her house drunk. That is eerily similar to my last conversation with him in 1989.
#325 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM

Sorry for not being able to keep up.

and Hugs to those who need it.

I am having a rough time right now. You can find me on facebook though.
#326 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:25 PM

wow. Remember how I'd been thinking about a mag subscription for the kid? I just checked to see what the hold up was on our Ladybug and Highlights subscriptions that I ended up ordering in early January... they're not set to be delivered until MAY! WTF? Glad Nico wasn't excited about it. That's like 4 issues that we won't get, what's the hold up. At least it's in time for his birthday, I guess.

#327 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
wow. Remember how I'd been thinking about a mag subscription for the kid? I just checked to see what the hold up was on our Ladybug and Highlights subscriptions that I ended up ordering in early January... they're not set to be delivered until MAY! WTF? Glad Nico wasn't excited about it. That's like 4 issues that we won't get, what's the hold up. At least it's in time for his birthday, I guess.
Was it highlights or highlights high five? If I remember right high five only comes out every other month. I bet Alex would like high five... hrm
#328 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is lame. You never know what you're going to get at that place anymore. But, I guess we'll never get any more updates if they're so kid un-friendly that none of us ever bother going anymore.
I shouldn't think that it would be so weird for a kid to be off, either. I think they were mostly worried about all of those things in conjunction with him being so afraid.
is he really afraid? i bet they are calling cause they know you are the kind of person who likes to call i never called, i somehow didn't worry during the day, i worried afterwards instead when the kid came home all wigged out. give it a week. ask him too, what did he like or not like...

yah, they basically did away with 'small parts', so there's a train table with no trains, etc. play kitchen- no pots. all the kids were toddlers too. that girl comes in at lunch on sat, there's a cool hippy guy earlier.
#329 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:37 PM

nm I just called and it is monthly... and their website says you should receive it in 4 to 7 weeks.
#330 of 1116 Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Was it highlights or highlights high five? If I remember right high five only comes out every other month. I bet Alex would like high five... hrm
Jake loves High Five. Is on his second issue. A gift from the Alaskan grandparents.

Jake grew again and all of a sudden doesn't have a lot of shirts that fit him, so we went to the Hanna Andersson outlet store today, and then across the parking lot to New Seasons for lunch together. It was really nice

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page