Lovin PDX in February - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or you have an appliance killing poltergeist.
#362 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
It sounds like it is probably a bad belt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Or you have an appliance killing poltergeist.
Yeah, that could be. That's what it smells like. Ghosts. Or maybe a belt got knocked out alignment in shipping. It smells like... when a vacuum cleaner belt is about to go. Remember uprights? It's been so long since I've had one, but that was some stink, right there.
#363 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:30 AM

hm. Super tired from being up all night with worry and a waking child. Have to get up early tomorrow for a preschool field trip (chinese gardens, neat!), and kid prolly won't go to bed for another hour.

Question, should drink that high alcy content beer that's in the fridge after the boy gets to sleep?

The question's weighing heavy on me, ladies.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#364 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM

Ooh, I've done that before when I needed sleep. It wasn't good sleep, and my head hurt the next day. Of course, I chose dollar night and had about 10... albeit watered down... uh... crappy well drinks, but still...

And... yeah... this was a few years before kids. Not recommended before mid-term. Ooh. :
#365 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:52 AM

Grumble grumble grumble..

Stupid Portland Police.

I am waiting for Dh to get home. He stayed late to buy some stupid memory cards off some guy from craigslist. I want to take a bath.. and relax.. but nope.. the police are searching his train... which means he is going to miss his bus..which means he will have to wait for the 8:30 one and wont be home til at least 9.

He had the nerve to ask me to put these kids in the car and go pick him up in Gresham. NOPE sorry.. not after the afternoon I had with them. You can walk home first buddy.

Sara, no answer on the beer as I don't like beer.. any type of beer.. so if it were me.. the answer would be no.
#366 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 AM

Aw, Beth, I'm so sorry do you have any sort of backup plan for Monday? We should be able to figure something out...

Sara, my answer would be OH HELL YES.

I'm such a dork... I'm excited because Dirty Jobs is doing "diaper service." I've long dreamed of seeing Mike Rowe wash diapers!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#367 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 AM

Beth,i'm so sorry to hear about your childcare and school woes. I really don't have anything productive to add, cause it seems like you're just being served a shit sandwich right now.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#368 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 AM

Bah. Decided on an ibuprofen for my jaw ache instead of the beer. Helped that Nico still isn't it bed. Isn't this late in life to have tmj problems? Is it odd that it's only on one side? I'm paranoid after that hellish abscess.

#369 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:01 AM

ugh... they mis-listed the show and I just watched a cow cesarean.

I developed TMJ at around age 13, and I was considered pretty young for it... so I don't know... stress happens at all ages. It started on one side and eventually worked its way to the other side. For me it has to do with one leg being shorter and I'm imbalanced all the way up, so one side is stressed harder than the other.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#370 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:31 AM

Interesting Laura. I'm sorry you've had it for so long.

Nico is STILL up. Considering he's usually in bed by 7ish, this is insane. Here I'm finally letting him stay up, and we're all going to get up early tomorrow. Darn it!

#371 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I just had a really good friend from law school (like my best friend who even came to visit me here in Portland) make a really rude comment about something I posted on Facebook. I feel like crying. What I posted was a repost of something having to do with single childless people not understanding why their old friend who has kids is too busy to call them. The answer to the query was basically a rundown of what moms go through all day every day and then ending with, OK so you get 10 minutes of free time - do you want to call your friend or have a little alone time? So my friend responds with something along the lines of, And yet they still have a lot of time for Facebook. That has to be directed at me, right? I really can't believe it. I want to believe the best. This is the girl who pretty much paid for my baby shower because I was dead broke and when she came to Portland to see me, she set up my house with all kinds of new housewares and stuff. I am so stunned. I wonder if she's given so much that she she feels upset that I haven't given back.
Candice - I could totally see how that could be meant as a flip funny sort of comment but it really depends on the type of person she is. If you are worried, why not just ask?

Eliza - I always miss your voice when you are gone from her. Feel free to message me if you want to talk or anything. I can listen without judging or problem solving.

Laura - You totally cracked me up with that cow cesarean thing. Just not what I was expecting to read. And you kept watching it.

Sara - I really feel for you with all the worrying you did today. Is the school a co-op? Is that why you get to go on the field trip? That sounds fun.

Beth - that is so sucky. I always wish I could help you with your childcare situation but I am doing all the childcare that I can handle right now. I am hoping for a great solution for you guys.
#372 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Bah. Decided on an ibuprofen for my jaw ache instead of the beer. Helped that Nico still isn't it bed. Isn't this late in life to have tmj problems? Is it odd that it's only on one side? I'm paranoid after that hellish abscess.
TMD can come on at any age! I wouldn't be surprised at you having problems after that abscess... I'm really really tired and can't think straight right now, but I have a lot to say about TMJ disorder and treatment. I love working on jaws. I know that probably makes me sound weird.

Call me, we'll chat.

PS I'm glad you got through the day. xo xo

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#373 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
I had a bad bout of it from the time I was 23-25 and had a stressful job where I had to concentrate and deal with a lot of drama. All on the left side. NO surprise there, considering that is the side I tighten up on when stressed out about anything.

My mom had a friend with a SEVERE case of TMJ that altered the shape of her face. She eventually had corrective surgery, because it had gotten so bad. She was close to 40 when she had the surgery.

I was fitted for a night guard because I was grinding more on the left side too. I still have my impressions/jaw moulds from the dentist. They are fun to look at.
#374 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
campbell has a raspy rattling cough.....

anyone have any ideas what I can do for it?

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#375 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 12:06 PM

after finally going to bed around 10:30, it is now clear that "sleeping in" for Nico is still 5:30. What a weirdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post

Sara - I really feel for you with all the worrying you did today. Is the school a co-op? Is that why you get to go on the field trip? That sounds fun.
Thanks No, it's not. But they really value and are trying to create community within the school. They have an activity once a month, and parents are required to attend at least 50% of them. There is a 15 hour volunteer time requirement as well, but no child watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
TMD can come on at any age! I wouldn't be surprised at you having problems after that abscess... I'm really really tired and can't think straight right now, but I have a lot to say about TMJ disorder and treatment. I love working on jaws. I know that probably makes me sound weird.

Call me, we'll chat.

PS I'm glad you got through the day. xo xo
Thanks Korin, I'd forgotten all about the jaw being, you know, a bone. With a joint. And duh! I'll set something up soon. I can't believe it's still giving me problems. It's always so surprising when my body turns on me. Or, I turn on it rather.

#376 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM

soooooooooooooooo Candice, how're you feeling today?

#377 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
after finally going to bed around 10:30, it is now clear that "sleeping in" for Nico is still 5:30. What a weirdo.
Sorry you're in the same club as us. Olivia gets up at the same time in the morning no matter how late she stays up.

The Cherry Poppin Daddies were awesome last night. We're not really fans of them, but had tickets to see. They were very entertaining and we had fun dancing.

Hazel seems to still be on the upswing: Her cough is nasty, but she's still interactive and nursing well. I'm so glad to (almost) have my baby back.

There seems to be an outbreak of nasty stuff happening to people. My neighbor came and knocked on my door about 20 minutes ago to have me look at her left leg. It's got red parts on her foot and a purplish coloring going up her leg. She said it happened nearly overnight. Her feet had small red circles on them before going to bed and then when she woke up in the morning, she had the discoloration. Her husband's coming home to take her into the ER.

Hedy- You crack me up girl. Despite all your problems with the appliances, you keep your humor. That appliance poltergeist better not come near here!

Off to google poltergeist spells...
#378 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Heading out to Tyron Creek today if anyone wants to meet-up. Probably around 11-11:30.
#379 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:13 PM

I feel super, thanks for asking! I decided to not care about what my friend said and so I went and took a nap. I figured PMS time was not a great time to deal with it. Then we went to eat dinner at the Berlin Inn. I was feeling like eating nearby. The food was yummy, and OMG, they have the most hilarious typo on their beer menu. Doppler Bock...no, Doppler Cock. We pointed it out to our server and she just about died laughing. The description of the beer only added to the hilarity. Something like...this Doppler Cock is sure to satisfy your taste buds...and something about a smooth finish. After we got home, the kids went to sleep and Joey and I settled in with some Caldera IPA (my fave) and stayed up until around 2 a.m. talking. I guess the nap made that possible. Oh, they had a really delicious dessert at the BI where the only ingredients are nuts (they used cashews), dates, coconut, and agave. The crust was the nuts and dates and the filling was the coconut and agave. It was so good!
#380 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Arrrgh. My new washer is already broken. I'm going to go find a cliff to jump off of.
!! Standard should fix it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
I'm such a dork... I'm excited because Dirty Jobs is doing "diaper service." I've long dreamed of seeing Mike Rowe wash diapers!
: I want to see that, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
Heading out to Tyron Creek today if anyone wants to meet-up. Probably around 11-11:30.
Ooh wish I could join you. Another day. I am meeting with my Hood to Coast walking/running group for our first training this morning.
#381 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
!
Ooh wish I could join you. Another day. I am meeting with my Hood to Coast walking/running group for our first training this morning.
We'll miss you. Have fun with you Hood Coast Training. That's cool!!!:
#382 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Sorry you're in the same club as us. Olivia gets up at the same time in the morning no matter how late she stays up.

The Cherry Poppin Daddies were awesome last night. We're not really fans of them, but had tickets to see. They were very entertaining and we had fun dancing.

Hazel seems to still be on the upswing: Her cough is nasty, but she's still interactive and nursing well. I'm so glad to (almost) have my baby back.

There seems to be an outbreak of nasty stuff happening to people. My neighbor came and knocked on my door about 20 minutes ago to have me look at her left leg. It's got red parts on her foot and a purplish coloring going up her leg. She said it happened nearly overnight. Her feet had small red circles on them before going to bed and then when she woke up in the morning, she had the discoloration. Her husband's coming home to take her into the ER.

Hedy- You crack me up girl. Despite all your problems with the appliances, you keep your humor. That appliance poltergeist better not come near here!

Off to google poltergeist spells...
Ooh! Whoa! I hope she's OK. That doesn't sound good at all! Poor lady!

And... just to be sure to give credit where it was due, the Poltergeist joke was actually Tina's. I just went along with it.

I will happily take full credit for Kool-Aid man though.

Quote:
I feel super, thanks for asking! I decided to not care about what my friend said and so I went and took a nap. I figured PMS time was not a great time to deal with it. Then we went to eat dinner at the Berlin Inn. I was feeling like eating nearby. The food was yummy, and OMG, they have the most hilarious typo on their beer menu. Doppler Bock...no, Doppler Cock. We pointed it out to our server and she just about died laughing. The description of the beer only added to the hilarity. Something like...this Doppler Cock is sure to satisfy your taste buds...and something about a smooth finish. After we got home, the kids went to sleep and Joey and I settled in with some Caldera IPA (my fave) and stayed up until around 2 a.m. talking. I guess the nap made that possible. Oh, they had a really delicious dessert at the BI where the only ingredients are nuts (they used cashews), dates, coconut, and agave. The crust was the nuts and dates and the filling was the coconut and agave. It was so good!
That is funny! I may have to go there just for that aspect. I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
!! Standard should fix it for free.
Yeah, they are coming out on Monday. I'm hoping whatever it is is just simple and easy to fix.

We are buying a new dishwasher today. : because We are going to try and transport/install it ourselves and save $134. (Standard's charge for shipping/install.)
#383 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Would that be a delivery charge rather than a shipping charge?
#384 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Yeah, I probably. I could see a big barge barreling down Prescott street, taking things out on its way, just to bring me my washer. Geez, Louise! No wonder they are so expensive! Can you imagine the liability?

Oh god... the bad joke beast... it's been awakened. Look out!
#385 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I probably. I could see a big barge barreling down Prescott street, taking things out on its way, just to bring me my washer. Geez, Louise! No wonder they are so expensive! Can you imagine the liability?

Oh god... the bad joke beast... it's been awakened. Look out!
#386 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Hedy you have put a smile upon my face no 4yo explosion could crack. thank you
we just mixed up a yummy batch of blueberry muffins, Addy did ALOT of the work. YAY Addy!!!
then, while we were baking...
one of the dogs had a HUGE poosplosion in the hall and bathroom.
and its bloody.
we have no idea which one it is (they are sneaky lil shitters), and they are all acting fine... but this really worries me. we have no $ for a vet, but it looks like at least one of them needs one.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#387 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'd like to get some good Doppler Cock on my tastebuds! Glad you enjoyed you birthday dinner!
#388 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM

I am so frustrated I seriously want to burn something.

Why is it so damn hard to find a dishwasher under $600 and in stock??? WHY????

We have 2 hours without the kids, and this is proving to be impossible. Looks like it's not going to happen today.

I have no clean rags, no clean towels, no clean underwear, (I'm wearing Todd's boxers today,) and now apparently no hope for at least getting a dishwasher today.

I want to tear my hair out!!!
#389 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I want to tear my hair out!!!
Don't do that.. you wont have any left!

Where are you looking?
#390 of 1116 Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM

Hm. I found one at lowe's, it's in stock, and now Todd's waffling because it's $30 more than the one we originally looked at there, but would take 10 business days to get to the store.

I had him put it on hold. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page