Lovin PDX in February - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alex is filthy from playing outside all afternoon and is now cuddling on my lap nursing.
#182 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Ugh. There is now a creepy guy walking past my house several times a day with his dog on a VERY long leash, so it comes up my driveway. This morning, I was getting ready to take Lily to school just as he was walking by, and he let his dog come up our driveway, and was eyeing Lily. :Puke

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I don't think I'm going to let her play outside by herself for a while.
#183 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Woohoo..

Remember the dress saga with Gymboree? Well they are doing a straight exchange with another dress (that isn't on sale.)

http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...SizeSelected=0

I like this one better.. but you know.. I didn't buy it cause it wasn't $19.99 after sale + gymbroee bucks. So I am very happy. At least some places still value customer service.
#184 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Bah! The dumb check didn't clear yet! Had to call Dear Old Dad to swing a transfer. I know, I am verrrrrry lucky.

: <--the tree is my dad
Isn't it awesome to have a dad like that? I do, too. Sorry the check didn't clear yet :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
I can't ride my bike right now, because I slipped on something yesterday while cleaning my bathroom, and the cabinet door was open. I sort of scraped the back of my leg pretty badly in the EXACT spot it comes into contact with my bicycle seat. It wasn't bad enough to need stitches, but it bled through my jeans! :
*cringe* That sounds very owie! I hope all your mechanical woes go away soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
I've been taking Ruby to the science playground since she was... tiny and she loves it. LOVE.
Chase likes it, too, although it took him a while, and there are certain exhibits he is unsure of.

Leslie, where is that swing?? Is it new, or have I just been oblivious to it so far? I'm trying to decide if we should renew our membership - we didn't use it as much as I thought we would.

Quote:
Kid is still sick. just spent over an hour of inconsolable crying then she fell asleep. fever was gone this am, but back now. Poor peanut!
Poor Ruby! I hope she is better soon.

Everyone here is on the mend. I think if I make it through tomorrow I'm in the clear on the gastro issue. Although of course, now I feel like maybe I'm getting a sore throat?? : : it's just from spending TWO HOURS trying to get tired boy to take a nap. He's still awake. I think it's the car for us soon. *sigh*

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#185 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 PM

Oh, yeah. We had a good visit at Dr. Pike's this morning. I was surprised not to see any of you there

Tina, that's AWESOME about the dress!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#186 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Visited the preschool again. They went on a walk to the park. I don't know how I feel about it... so many running legs. Sigh. I'd rather in not be in the picture at all. It's just another big worry.

Also, found out there is some effort for this school to merge with the other one I looked at (the one I reeaally liked). How odd is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
hi all!

i have a mystery. like 2 weeks ago, my left little toe tip and big toe tip start hurting (like tingly-numb) for no apparent reason... a week later, it's progressed into most of my joints, into the ball and instep of my foot, and advil barely takes the edge off. now, im limping and turning grey-purple, hard to drive, shop, sleep, etc. doc has no clue is concerned about neurological implications; we did a blood test, kieran xrayed me- nada. so i have to meet a podiatrist on thurs and keep waiting and wondering.
so kieran hates it when people are sick/hurt and already puts up a huge stink about going outside and doing things other than watch train videos or play driving cars or board games, and now i can't keep up with the little boss let alone get him to go out already. he totally wants a bff to play with all afternoon... does not help that dad has been getting home late either and he has decided dinner is for chumps and not worth his attention when he could be *playing*. i have neighbors with kids, but we don't really know them, and it's hard to get ppl to play at 4/5 pm (witness why we never do playdates with anyone here).
so, if i end up needing foot surgery or physical therapy or something, i may need to hire a mom's helper just to get the kid some attention! not that i have money, but i may need the help just to keep my job.
so that's the news from my world.

so what would happen if... an ELEVATOR had WINGS and FLEW up to the SKY... could greg oden reach it?
knock knock
who's there?
who
who who?
i didn't know you spoke OWL.
oh man, what's the deal lately. Everyone is having horrible health problems. I can do (and would prefer) 4-5 pm playdates, personally. I just don't like driving the boy at that time as he's a late-nap liability. If you guys wanted to swing by around that time, Nico could probably use some other-kid time as well. I guess he'll probably get more than his fill pretty soon, but well...

Sorry to hear you're stuck in such a spot and that you're in pain

Quote:
Ugh. There is now a creepy guy walking past my house several times a day with his dog on a VERY long leash, so it comes up my driveway. This morning, I was getting ready to take Lily to school just as he was walking by, and he let his dog come up our driveway, and was eyeing Lily. :Puke

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I don't think I'm going to let her play outside by herself for a while.
Yuck.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#187 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Tiff, the trick to getting rid of a Weeds addiction is to watch every single episode in one weekend. Done.
#188 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I've been taking Ruby to the science playground since she was... tiny and she loves it. LOVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
ericka, there's the science playground that Mad loves, and then there's the swing upstairs too that changes the light screen and you can go behind the light screen and dance. soooo 80's.
I must have missed this then, cause I don't remember there being any playground..I guess we'll have to check it out again

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#189 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM

the swing is upstairs with the energy display stuff. and the dino bones. and the music display that you put your hand under/over the tubes and it plays. And the x-ray type machine. And the build a sewer on the computer. and the vortex balls. and the hanford nuclear display. basicly the area on the other side of the embryo display. (and to the left of the embryo display is the "playground" for under 6yrs).

the swing though is a "big kid" swing.

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#190 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 PM

Does anyone have a baby swing they want to part with?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#191 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
indoor or out?

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#192 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I might still have one. I'll have to take a look in my attic later to be sure though.
#193 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Candice. i just finished disc three of season three. must have mooooooooore!

#194 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 PM

oooh, tiff post 8888 approacheth!

We nursed a bit of a Weeds addiction too, but for some reason stopped in the middle of the second season or so. Now we're sitting on the Firefly series after giving up on 4400, which we also watched to the second season and then stopped. I guess we have commitment issues.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#195 of 1116 Old 02-04-2009, 11:09 PM

mmmm i LOVE me some Firefly.
i have a thing for Inara. :
the first season of 4400 was great. second season i couldnt follow as easily and gave up on. its just not able to keep me hooked.
but weeds is so good. very close to my heart

#196 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 AM

Indoor swing. Celeste and the boys are moving to their own place this weekend, and we're thinking of leaving my swing here for when they come to visit. (besides a lot of pts use it when their babes need a spot while they get cracked)

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#197 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 AM

Did I mention my car is working again? I'm skeptical, but it is! Replacing that connector seemed to do the trick.
#198 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 AM

anyone have a changing table they want to pass on or sell? :

#199 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 AM

Korin like a week too late. I just sold both my changing table and crib on craigslist.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#200 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I don't know, Sav. It's DEFINITELY one of the WORST retrogrades I have EVER seen. First my washer, then my stove, now my car, all in less than a week. :

And of course it all has to happen when Todd is about to lose his job. I am so freaked out right now.

At least my project is done though. No more project! Yay!
I am glad it is over! My PDA, cell phone and blue tooth all broke this week. And my PDA had not been backing up properly. So, if you know somewhere i should be this month, please let me know...

So I had to buy an iphone
#201 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 AM

Oooh congrats on the iPhone Sav! woot!

Allison, she may want a crib too, as the boys sleep for part of the night in a bassinet that they are quickly outgrowing.

#202 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
I am glad it is over! My PDA, cell phone and blue tooth all broke this week. And my PDA had not been backing up properly. So, if you know somewhere i should be this month, please let me know...

I'm going to have to look at an iphone soon to see what the difference between it and my phone is. It's also a touch screen, but I got a special deal on it just as my upgrade came up. I it! It's seriously the coolest electronic device I have ever had.
#203 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 AM

tomorrow I will have the LG Dare http://www.lgmobilephones.com/phone.aspx?id=8712
I believe it's like an iphone...or so I have heard. I am EXCITED.
So tonight we filed taxes...and I am SO EXCITED...cause I will soon have a new camera!!!
I am going to go down to pro photo supply to see what they recommend, but I am really leaning towards the Nikon D90!!!!
I am also getting a carpet cleaner and a zoo membership!

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#204 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Laura - I would love to have the almond cookie recipe. I love almond cookies. I want to make some that taste like th almond cookies you get a a particular chinese resturaunt in NY instead of fortunre cookies. They are moon shaped.
My grandmother used to make those cookies. Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Maddy fell flat on her face last night. Her nose bled a little and she's got a big fat lip. My poor baby. I held her for a long time, well after she went to sleep. She had fallen asleep on the couch, and fell off.
Awww, poor babe! Hope she's feeling better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
so what would happen if... an ELEVATOR had WINGS and FLEW up to the SKY... could greg oden reach it?
Dang, sorry to hear about your toes!

An elevator with wings? He should watch the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. Not sure about Greg Oden reaching it, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I like this one better.. but you know.. I didn't buy it cause it wasn't $19.99 after sale + gymbroee bucks. So I am very happy. At least some places still value customer service.
That is awesome. Cuz customer service seems to be virtually non-existent these days. I wrote about the United thing on my blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
Way to turn lemons into lemonade!

I'm awake early. I woke up and remembered that we were already supposed to be at the airport to go to Texas today, and I got all pissed off all over again. So I had to get up and write about it, to get it out of my system. Am hoping I can go back to sleep now
#205 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 11:27 AM

Mmm, wish I could go back to sleep, but I think Chase is going to m ake that impossible. Esp. since he's the one who wanted to get up in the first place.

So, I seem to have escaped the tummy bug. But this morning I have a sore throat : WTH? *sigh* I felt it coming on last night, took 2000mg Vit. C, 10 drops GSE, and gargled with salt water. Too little too late, I fear

#206 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
oh man, what's the deal lately. Everyone is having horrible health problems. I can do (and would prefer) 4-5 pm playdates, personally. I just don't like driving the boy at that time as he's a late-nap liability. If you guys wanted to swing by around that time, Nico could probably use some other-kid time as well. I guess he'll probably get more than his fill pretty soon, but well...
oddly, kieran does not get his fill at preschool... i suppose he did at first, tho. and we got the late late nap thing this week too, poor tired buboo.
#207 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Somehow I missed your post, Pauline... I'm glad you quoted it, Lee! Here's the recipe I used, no idea if it's what you are looking for: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Almond-...-I/Detail.aspx

Got a long day of housecleaning ahead of me.:yawning:

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#208 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 12:54 PM

I had a friend in high school who had that toe thing... I don't know if she had to have one amputated or not now... but she did walk on crutches for a while. Not trying to freak you out... but the fact is she recovered and walked fine afterwards. I can't remember what it was called.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#209 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 PM

GAH!!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID ECONOMY. :

http://babystyle.com/ :

I've gotten a few memorable things from them...like campbells "I am this many" shirt with the 1 and her last two halloween costumes like this past year http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...u/CIMG3097.jpg and the year before http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...u/IMG_2958.jpg
I am very upset by this for some reason.

TTC #3

#210 of 1116 Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 PM

It's just as likely due to the CPSIA as the economy. I know the enforcement was suspended for a year.. but I believe that was only for testing. You could still get in trouble if they decide you knowingly sell anything with lead or that other chemical in it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page