Forum Jump: 

#661 of 667 Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Totally not caught up . . .

Just got home last night and there was a message from my doctor to call so I did and I guess my pap smear was slightly abnormal so they want me to come back and retest in 3-6 months. She said I tested negative for HPV so that was very promsing. She said it was just ever so slightly abnormal.

So has this happend to alot of you? And then things were normal again at your retest?
I had a colposcopy after an ASCUS result. It was fine and nobody ever said anything more about it, and I've had several normals since then.

Sending you healthy cervix vibes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 667 Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Jill, I'm sorry things are so rough! I'm sure other people here have more advice/words than I do. I just have a you're a great mama. xo xo
thx, but i feel like everyone else 'gets' this momming thing and i just don't and that's why he's mad at me. the 'i hate you' is really the least of it, he just wants nothing to do with me and my ideas like you shouldn't hang off doorknobs or shopping cart handles! well today, he should be happy with me, we are going swimming. and daddy will be home @ dinner.
#663 of 667 Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I had one that was slightly abnormal 4 or 5 years ago. But they followed it up with a kind of biopsy, where they put vinegar or something on my uterus and then snipped a piece off (ack!). It came back fine, and then I had to come in every 6 months for a pap until I had two "normals" in a row. I still don't know what the problem was....
Pauline,
Once I had an abnormal, then it was fine at the next check up. Then several years later I had the same situation as Sara w/ the vinegar and snip. I was pregnant at the time so they were worried that if it was something more severe it could grow extra fast. It was all fine and I've had normal paps for the last 5 years. : for ya.
#664 of 667 Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM

Jill, i COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. Addy is often telling me she hates me, and that she wishes i wasnt her mommy, and that she wishes i would dissappear. etc. she is often trying to hurt me, with her hands, feet, words, you name it.
have you thought about seeing a behavioral ped? or checking to see if he has sensory issues? i know when Addy is having a sensory easy day she is less violent. i have complete sympathy and empathy for you mama.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#665 of 667 Old 03-31-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Who was is that made tamales a while ago? mama chicken? Can I have the recipe please, are they spicy? can they be frozen if I made a big batch? thanks!
Ah yes, the tamales. Well it is really more of a process than a recipe.

First decide what kind you want - chicken and green chile, red chile pork, sweet corn, green chile and cheese. You cook your filling - shred the meat, mix with chiles or sauce and cheese. One pork roast or two whole chickens will make 24-30 tamales. While the meat is cooking, soak the corn husks in warm water (at least an hour). Two packages of corn husks should do it.

Then you mix the masa. I start with 1 cup of shortening (traditionally lard) and beat it in an electric mixer until creamy. You will add about 6-8 cups of masa flour, 3 tbsp salt and 1-2 cups of broth to the shortening. I alternate a cup of masa and 1/2 cup of broth. Sometimes I add oil to make it more plastic. When you have put in 6 cups of masa flour, take a piece of the batter and feel it. It should still hold it's shape, but should be softer than play-dough, kinda paste-like, but not sticky.

Take one large or two small husks and lay out on the counter, place a ball of masa (about the size of your fist) in the corn husk and flatten it to 1/4 inch. Place 2-3 tbsp of filling in it and wrap it up, making sure the ends of the masa meet. Fold over the bottom.

Tamales are cooked by steaming. I use a large pasta straining insert that fits about 20 tamales or so and a very larger pressure canner. I pressure steam (at about 8-10 lbs) for 45 minutes. If you don't use pressure, you need to steam them for several hours.

Yes, they freeze great. They are best reheated by steaming until warm. They spiciness is totally up to you.

Wow, and that's why we only do it 2-3 times per year! : I usually teach people how to make them in person, because I've learned a lot by trial and effort.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#666 of 667 Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Jill, i COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from. Addy is often telling me she hates me, and that she wishes i wasnt her mommy, and that she wishes i would dissappear. etc. she is often trying to hurt me, with her hands, feet, words, you name it.
have you thought about seeing a behavioral ped? or checking to see if he has sensory issues? i know when Addy is having a sensory easy day she is less violent. i have complete sympathy and empathy for you mama.
today he is just making angry loud animal noises... i do wonder sometimes if it's sensory (and he does have a lot in comon w/addy i know). this kid was still being swaddled until he was 18 months old, i've always thought 'something' is bugging him. but then sometimes he's fine and happy and great. quite frankly, if he has something sensory, i bet i do too, and i still live with it, and i don't know that i want him to be in the same place as me... we are both also anxious, stubborn, and have difficulty communicating/relating to others. he and i were in tune until he turned 3...
now, even on a good day, there's something off.

jeez i feel like a downer.
so swim lessons got cancelled today, so he wanted to go to the mall (ugh, my fave). at least the train table didn't have the awful woman from last week who was sharing-obsesssed (she weirded kieran out), but he then wigged out and came home and just bugged my husband's work... he's into 'what will happen if'... only it's gone beyond how things work, now it's into 'what if i bug mommy', well mommy might walk away... 'well maybe i am ok with her walking away, i will annoy her anyway then scream for her to come back'. last night, he wanted water- we said, turn the light off first. so he says 'well ok i will drink only some of the water, then turn the light back on'... this kid thinks he can argue himself into not being tired! i often ask him what he wants and he doesn't know, so what can i do?
#667 of 667 Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
thx, but i feel like everyone else 'gets' this momming thing and i just don't and that's why he's mad at me. the 'i hate you' is really the least of it, he just wants nothing to do with me and my ideas like you shouldn't hang off doorknobs or shopping cart handles! well today, he should be happy with me, we are going swimming. and daddy will be home @ dinner.
You are NOT alone. we all have days where we feel like we're not getting it, and I don't doubt that it will stretch into longer periods as Ruby ages. I definitely have had more struggles in the past few months than a year ago. I wish I had more than a hug to offer, I am just not the person who has parenting advice. I agree with Tiff, a behavioral ped might be the ticket. May be able to give you some advice, and tips for handling things differently.

Pauline, I had the same proceedure as Sara. but it sounds like you just need a follow up to see if things change. Probably an irritated cervix. I know there are a lot of dietary/herbal things you can do to support your cervix.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page