PDX in March - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:09 AM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weird, I just listened to a public service announcement on my voicemail. "Don't litter!" Odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
It would be fun, but I would be, what, 24 weeks pregnant? So in the same boat as you. Plus Mike can't come down until Friday night so I'm not sure if I want to handle Jake alone that first night...

We have been thinking about renting a camper on wheels, though!
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Congratulations!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
 
Momma2DoubleCuties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: surrounded in testosterone
Posts: 3,603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Lee! How exciting!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Momma2DoubleCuties is offline  
#63 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:14 AM
 
InochiZo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NWxSE
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
It would be fun, but I would be, what, 24 weeks pregnant? So in the same boat as you. Plus Mike can't come down until Friday night so I'm not sure if I want to handle Jake alone that first night...

We have been thinking about renting a camper on wheels, though!
:::::::

Congratulations!!!
InochiZo is offline  
#64 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 AM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, congratulations Lee! :
papayapetunia is offline  
#65 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,091
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
congrats lee :

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
OneWithTwo is offline  
#66 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 AM
 
chiromama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: with my heart onthe outside,finally
Posts: 9,325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Lee

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

chiromama is offline  
#67 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 AM
 
EStreetMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

Congratulations Lee!!!! Very cool news!
EStreetMama is offline  
#68 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 05:22 AM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: that is totally exciting (besides the nausea...which is a good sign, but not fun). hopefully the nausea will pass soon!

i'm hoping my summer involves lots of camping and wakeboarding. i looked at beach sites but didnt book anything..need to do that. i'm also hoping to go to john day/fossil beds/painted hills for a long weekend.

our friends do an annual 10day trip to whiskeytown lake outside redding and i've gone twice. this summer it is in july. my cousin is getting married in LA in august though and i want to go to that. probably can't do two big trips this summer though. i'm kind of leaning towards the LA trip + visiting our parents.

we are also doing a trip to detroit lake in june. hopefully it won't rain and i need to get a wetsuit.

i'm hoping to do lots of walking and taking the boys to the park. and actually make it to the farmers market once in a while. i feel like i spend too much when i go : but at this point the grocery store is crazy expensive anyway. i'm excited about gardening...growing flowers and just a few veggies. i hope i have enough expendible income to browse the nursery once in a while. i've got a few empty beds that need some landscaping. lots of BBQing. doug actually bbq'd tonight and i realized i've missed it! (ours is not covered so is seasonally limited)

hopefully getting out of the winter funk too
jstar is offline  
#69 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 AM
 
LucyRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
well it's hard to describe....when I go to accelerate it shakes. I am fine when it's stopped and when I stay a constant speed.
Meinike(sp?) said I needed new spark plugs and a serpentine belt.
Well my friend drove it and he said yeah spark plugs and he thought a fuel filter. So I went and bought new spark plugs and a fuel filter.....
He went to replace the spark plugs and said they didn't need to be replaced, that it needed new spark plug wires, a distributor cap, fuel filter, and some other things. Well spark plug wires are EXPENSIVE! Meinike also broke something and shredded a wire checking the spark plug.
It's ok after it warms up and I have to stay at a constant speed to keep it from shaking.
Ericka, I just had new spark plug wires and new serpentine belt done on my car. The belt was about $100. I got it done at the place we always get our oil changed. The plug wires, I don't remember but I could look at the bill. But my car didn't shake like that. It did make a lot of noise though because one of the motor mount bolts was crushed. That could make it shake. But what exactly is shaking? The whole car? Or the steering wheel, or the engine or transmission?

Randomly, I also just bid on a LeapPad with books on ebay and lost. booo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
You should camp with us! We camped with Breana and family last time and it was great. I'm pretty sure Ellie and family are joining us too.
I'm going and camping w/ Ellie and Breana and looks like you too. Yay! We'll finally get to meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
It would be fun, but I would be, what, 24 weeks pregnant? So in the same boat as you. Plus Mike can't come down until Friday night so I'm not sure if I want to handle Jake alone that first night...

We have been thinking about renting a camper on wheels, though!
:: ::
That is awesome, LEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Weird, I just listened to a public service announcement on my voicemail. "Don't litter!" Odd.
Are you sure that wasn't a prank call? That is the weirdest freakin shiz I have ever heard!
LucyRev is offline  
#70 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 AM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post

Randomly, I also just bid on a LeapPad with books on ebay and lost. booo

I'm going and camping w/ Ellie and Breana and looks like you too. Yay! We'll finally get to meet!
Yay! I use your pincushions and love them! DD loves them too. Was it the My Little Leap Pad or the regular Leap Pad? I see the regular Leap Pads all of the time at Goodwill. And you can usually find a bunch of books/games on CL. DD has a Little Touch leap pad and she likes it, but it's more for the younger crowd. And she has a Leapster, but the games are a little too advanced for her still.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#71 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 AM
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a public service announcement:

As necessary as it is, a spoonful of peanut butter does NOT taste good at 3:50am.

:
Lovely is offline  
#72 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post

Are you sure that wasn't a prank call? That is the weirdest freakin shiz I have ever heard!
Don't think so. It was a pre-recorded message and totally mundane. It said more than don't litter, but not much. Something about keeping oregon clean. But yah, very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Here's a public service announcement:

As necessary as it is, a spoonful of peanut butter does NOT taste good at 3:50am.

:
Awe

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#73 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,091
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
Ericka, I just had new spark plug wires and new serpentine belt done on my car. The belt was about $100. I got it done at the place we always get our oil changed. The plug wires, I don't remember but I could look at the bill. But my car didn't shake like that. It did make a lot of noise though because one of the motor mount bolts was crushed. That could make it shake. But what exactly is shaking? The whole car? Or the steering wheel, or the engine or transmission?
it is the whole car and you can def. tell it's coming from under the hood....I called the big head honcho at Meineke yesterday and told him about my experience...he said he would take a look at my car on Thursday. I told him how the Meineke I went to were very rude and broke something. Hopefully he can be honest with me and tell me whats wrong.
I am looking into buying a Honda Odyssey..if I can get some financing. I don't think my Lexus is going to last much longer

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
OneWithTwo is offline  
#74 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
 
LucyRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 2,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Yay! I use your pincushions and love them! DD loves them too. Was it the My Little Leap Pad or the regular Leap Pad? I see the regular Leap Pads all of the time at Goodwill. And you can usually find a bunch of books/games on CL. DD has a Little Touch leap pad and she likes it, but it's more for the younger crowd. And she has a Leapster, but the games are a little too advanced for her still.
Glad you like the pincushions. Moving needles between pincushions was a fave activity for both my kidlets.

I bid on a regular Leap Pad, just because it had a bunch of books with it. My mom has one at her house for the girls to play with and they love it. I do see them at Value Village all the time for about $4, but never with books. Plus, I should go there with batteries in my pocket so I can make sure they work. We have a Leapster, but yes, it is too hard for my youngest and my oldest seems to think the only fun game is PetPals...which teaches you nothing and has a song that drives me bonkers.

Good luck with the car stuff Ericka. I hate car stuff. Cars used to hate me, but my last one has been amazingly problem free, besides regular maintenance. I'm determined to drive it into the ground before getting something else, but I'm really bored of it. It has zero bells/whistles. Cassette player, no power doors or windows. Cig lighter doesn't work so I can't plug anything into it. Oh well. Wheels are wheels.
LucyRev is offline  
#75 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
 
AllisonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 7,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Erika there are tons of people selling their cars on CL right now. I would check there you could prob get a good car for a lot cheaper than a honda odyssey.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

AllisonK is offline  
#76 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
it is the whole car and you can def. tell it's coming from under the hood....I called the big head honcho at Meineke yesterday and told him about my experience...he said he would take a look at my car on Thursday. I told him how the Meineke I went to were very rude and broke something. Hopefully he can be honest with me and tell me whats wrong.
I am looking into buying a Honda Odyssey..if I can get some financing. I don't think my Lexus is going to last much longer
I don't trust chains like that for more than changing breaks/oil and such. If you need repairs, find a mechanic you can trust. And never got to AMCO. They screwed up our tranny and dh keep taking it back and taking it back and they keep telling him there was nothing wrong with it and finally when the warranty was up, wouldn't you know it, but the tranny they just rebuilt a year ago needs rebuilt again. And they WEREN'T going to cover it.
aniT is offline  
#77 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, a co-worker of mine is hospitalized with pneumonia! I can not believe how many young people are coming down with that. It seems really, really, really weird. WTF is going on?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#78 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
 
Licorice Whip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats, Lee!
Licorice Whip is offline  
#79 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
 
AllisonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 7,186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
wow, a co-worker of mine is hospitalized with pneumonia! I can not believe how many young people are coming down with that. It seems really, really, really weird. WTF is going on?
I've been thinking the same thing. Sooo many people are getting really sick!

Allison wife and mom to four. 

AllisonK is offline  
#80 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Thanks, ladies

Leslie, no you didn't miss anything. I was just waiting awhile before I said anything.

I am so happy. And so nauseous

Congratulations!
HeatherRea is offline  
#81 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any ideas for a 65th wedding anniversary?

And My 35th is coming up and I have no idea what to do.
HeatherRea is offline  
#82 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have I already mentioned that NW Children's Theater is doing Goodnight Moon this month?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#83 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sara, that is scary. Lots of people getting really ill

Heather, I'm going to assume you mean your 35th birthday and not your 35th wedding anniversary

People usually do a big reception for the 65th, very similar to a wedding reception. Can do something like that with only family if money is an issue.
Lovely is offline  
#84 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the pneumonia thing is weird too, but maybe it's related to an overall decline in health due to the stress and possible cutting of nutritious food because of economic woes. I think pneumonia happens when health is already compromised.
papayapetunia is offline  
#85 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 06:39 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe more than nutrition though, or combination of things. The people from work that I know have caught pneumonia eat really well.

My paranoid side wonders about the new pneumonia vax that came out recently.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#86 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Sara, that is scary. Lots of people getting really ill

Heather, I'm going to assume you mean your 35th birthday and not your 35th wedding anniversary

People usually do a big reception for the 65th, very similar to a wedding reception. Can do something like that with only family if money is an issue.

Yes I meant to type birthday. My 35th Birthday!

My Grandparents 65th Anniversary.
HeatherRea is offline  
#87 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
#88 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Good Afternoon-

We are currently accepting application materials for the Temporary Position
of Internal Auditor. Please read & forward the vacancy announcement to any
qualified candidates that may be interested. Have a great evening.
Quote:
Good Evening-

We are currently accepting application materials for the Position of
Deputy-In-Charge. This position is located in Eugene. Please read &
forward the vacancy announcement to any qualified candidates that may be
interested. Have a great weekend!
PM me your email address if interested and I will forward more info. Now to catch up.
aniT is offline  
#89 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
PM me your email address if interested and I will forward more info. Now to catch up.
Wow, they are so polite. Have a great afternoon!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#90 of 667 Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,091
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
Glad you like the pincushions. Moving needles between pincushions was a fave activity for both my kidlets.

I bid on a regular Leap Pad, just because it had a bunch of books with it. My mom has one at her house for the girls to play with and they love it. I do see them at Value Village all the time for about $4, but never with books. Plus, I should go there with batteries in my pocket so I can make sure they work. We have a Leapster, but yes, it is too hard for my youngest and my oldest seems to think the only fun game is PetPals...which teaches you nothing and has a song that drives me bonkers.

Good luck with the car stuff Ericka. I hate car stuff. Cars used to hate me, but my last one has been amazingly problem free, besides regular maintenance. I'm determined to drive it into the ground before getting something else, but I'm really bored of it. It has zero bells/whistles. Cassette player, no power doors or windows. Cig lighter doesn't work so I can't plug anything into it. Oh well. Wheels are wheels.
Thanks. This honestly has been the first car I have owned. When I was dating out of highschool, I drove his car or took max. Then my parents gave me a car, but they took it back. So this is my first car that is "mine". It has lasted me a year. Can't ask for better with it's mileage and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Erika there are tons of people selling their cars on CL right now. I would check there you could prob get a good car for a lot cheaper than a honda odyssey.
I know. It's just that, if I am going to buy something I wantit to last me a couple years. I need a minivan or something where I could fit 4 car seats? A car wouldn't be that big..I want to be able to use it to take kids places or friends or go camping. While it seems big for campbell and I, I hope to have more kids and well when I babysit it would be nice. Anoher plus is that one of my friends has 3 kids all in car seats and we carpool alot when we go shopping or etc...and now with her newest baby, we can't do that anymore. I really want something reliable like the Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I don't trust chains like that for more than changing breaks/oil and such. If you need repairs, find a mechanic you can trust. And never got to AMCO. They screwed up our tranny and dh keep taking it back and taking it back and they keep telling him there was nothing wrong with it and finally when the warranty was up, wouldn't you know it, but the tranny they just rebuilt a year ago needs rebuilt again. And they WEREN'T going to cover it.
well, yeah. I only went to them because I have that card with the oil changes. They just screwed things up while changing my oil checking other things and now the general manager is trying to make up for it. I had a mechanic look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
wow, a co-worker of mine is hospitalized with pneumonia! I can not believe how many young people are coming down with that. It seems really, really, really weird. WTF is going on?
My grandma had pneumonia, and one of my uncles and my best friend and her son had it. my other friends daughter has it right now

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
OneWithTwo is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off