PDX in March - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 667 Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
So we had the meeting for eligibility of services through the school district today. He does qualify under the Autism spectrum disorder and we are planning on taking advantage of those. He will be going to Pre-school. I think it will be a positive support for all of us and I know I can pull him out or stop services if I am uncomfortable with anything.
s I am sure everything will work out for the best!
aniT is offline  
#122 of 667 Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
So we had the meeting for eligibility of services through the school district today. He does qualify under the Autism spectrum disorder and we are planning on taking advantage of those. He will be going to Pre-school. I think it will be a positive support for all of us and I know I can pull him out or stop services if I am uncomfortable with anything.
Were there any surprises for you here? Or is this how you hoped things would go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Zoe, glad you are getting some answers and support services! That can't be easy, but at the same time, a relief. You are such an awesome mama.


I just went grocery shopping and got lots of "emergency" pregnancy food. Little frozen pizzas, frozen waffles, stuff I never buy, but

This pregnancy feels exactly the same as with Jake, with one exception -- I can tolerate ginger/ginger products. Funny, huh?


Sara, pictures of you after you use the henna is a must
Yay for ginger!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#123 of 667 Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
 
InochiZo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NWxSE
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Were there any surprises for you here? Or is this how you hoped things would go?



Yay for ginger!
Well, knew all of Elliott's issues before the Assessment. I also actually know some of the treatments but hadn't gotten around to implementing them being a working single income family and all. I really didn't think the issues added up to Autism Spectrum, but it really doesn't matter to me the label they give him. I did want to get some services because it really is challenging to handle at times and any extra support is welcome. As much as I believe in Elliott as an individual and supporting who he is, I also want to give him the opportunity to function as well as he possibly can and for other people and kids to see what a loving fun boy he is.
InochiZo is offline  
#124 of 667 Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
Well, knew all of Elliott's issues before the Assessment. I also actually know some of the treatments but hadn't gotten around to implementing them being a working single income family and all. I really didn't think the issues added up to Autism Spectrum, but it really doesn't matter to me the label they give him. I did want to get some services because it really is challenging to handle at times and any extra support is welcome. As much as I believe in Elliott as an individual and supporting who he is, I also want to give him the opportunity to function as well as he possibly can and for other people and kids to see what a loving fun boy he is.
My daughter's Girl Scout leader's son was just "upgraded" (is that the right word) to ASD from ADD today. The mom told me she was kind of relieved to know that he does these things because it's in his brain and not because he is trying to be difficult.
aniT is offline  
#125 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 AM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welp, I'm sitting here with what could pass as a bag of feces on my head. I got the roots ok, but I don't know that there was enough henna to hit all of my hair. I have a loooot of hair. This may be a disaster. Wish I didn't have to wait so long to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
Well, knew all of Elliott's issues before the Assessment. I also actually know some of the treatments but hadn't gotten around to implementing them being a working single income family and all. I really didn't think the issues added up to Autism Spectrum, but it really doesn't matter to me the label they give him. I did want to get some services because it really is challenging to handle at times and any extra support is welcome. As much as I believe in Elliott as an individual and supporting who he is, I also want to give him the opportunity to function as well as he possibly can and for other people and kids to see what a loving fun boy he is.
Awe, that got my insides all gushy. That boy has a very special mom. I'm glad that you're able to tap into these resources now.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#126 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Zoe, glad you are getting some answers and support services! That can't be easy, but at the same time, a relief. You are such an awesome mama.


I just went grocery shopping and got lots of "emergency" pregnancy food. Little frozen pizzas, frozen waffles, stuff I never buy, but

This pregnancy feels exactly the same as with Jake, with one exception -- I can tolerate ginger/ginger products. Funny, huh?


Sara, pictures of you after you use the henna is a must
This is so exciting Lee! I am just so thrilled for you


Zoe I'm glad you will be getting some more support soon.


Sara What color Henna are you using? Red? Coffee? Chocolate?
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#127 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
 
cellarstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR (Brooklyn)
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sara, if you rinse it out and find it isn't all covered, you can do it again anytime, since it isn't damaging. The color tends to only improve with repeat applications, anyway. You won't be able to bleach over hennaed hair. It will lighten in the sun though, just like your natural hair does. It settles into a color and stays there, it doesn't get darker, but it can get richer, if that makes any sense!

The best henna made for hair I've found is the brand Logona, but I don't know where to buy it locally other than possibly Whole Foods, but I don't go there anymore. They add a lot of additional herbs that help the color and smell nice. If they had it at New Seasons I would probably buy that. I have found it online and may buy it when my current supply of henna is gone. I splurged on the henna bars at Lush ($20.45) last time I was there. It comes with 6 squares and I can use 2 squares at a time so it's not an outrageous expense, but it does border on luxury for me!

I'm completely out of my winter funk and it is AWESOME. I have the same usual worries and stressors but I'm not feeling hopeless and crushed by them. I think taking Silicea (boiron homeopathic) really helped, along with the regular D3. Sometimes I sit back and look at my kids and think, "what have I done!? I have two kids!" It just blows my mind, since I just sort of jumped into it, unlike, say... my sister, who has had a lot of time to think about it and is making definite plans a few years out. These past three years have gone by so fast! I love my girls, and I love being a mama!:

And the more time I put into being a mama, the more I do not understand my parents. I thought parenthood would bring more clarity, but instead I'm like, "what's wrong with you people? It's like you were just watching the clock until we would finally leave home!" Our parents' generation is a strange one. My Dad and stepmother wouldn't do anything for me or my sisters without some kind of compensation. So I don't ask for anything. It's pretty much been like that since I was old enough to have a job (14) and was expected to buy my own school supplies, toiletries, gifts, clothing, and entertainment on my minimum wage 12 hours a week pay. It's not like we were poor. There is no way in hell I'd ask them to watch the kids! The older I get I realize it wasn't out of pure meanness, but more just out of thoughtlessness and cluelessness. So I accept it, and I've moved on.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
cellarstella is offline  
#128 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 AM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wooooooow. It is not a small bit RED! Not bright, fake red. But natural looking orangey red. Not what I had in mind. I was thinking more auburn, less orange. Ryan is on his way to new seasons to get the more brown henna. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. It has not been a fun night. Nico has awoken twice, screaming, and inconsolable. Hard to put my best effort in when I'm trying to keep my head off the pillow. Blah. I hope tomorrow's fix works. Oh, there he goes again. Shoot.

Thanks for all the tips Laura, and I'm really glad to here your winter blues have subsided and you're better able to see how wonderful you are.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#129 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 03:21 AM
 
unlegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hayden Island, N. Portland, OR
Posts: 896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
I'm completely out of my winter funk and it is AWESOME. I have the same usual worries and stressors but I'm not feeling hopeless and crushed by them. I think taking Silicea (boiron homeopathic) really helped, along with the regular D3. Sometimes I sit back and look at my kids and think, "what have I done!? I have two kids!" It just blows my mind, since I just sort of jumped into it, unlike, say... my sister, who has had a lot of time to think about it and is making definite plans a few years out. These past three years have gone by so fast! I love my girls, and I love being a mama!:

And the more time I put into being a mama, the more I do not understand my parents. I thought parenthood would bring more clarity, but instead I'm like, "what's wrong with you people? It's like you were just watching the clock until we would finally leave home!" Our parents' generation is a strange one. My Dad and stepmother wouldn't do anything for me or my sisters without some kind of compensation. So I don't ask for anything. It's pretty much been like that since I was old enough to have a job (14) and was expected to buy my own school supplies, toiletries, gifts, clothing, and entertainment on my minimum wage 12 hours a week pay. It's not like we were poor. There is no way in hell I'd ask them to watch the kids! The older I get I realize it wasn't out of pure meanness, but more just out of thoughtlessness and cluelessness. So I accept it, and I've moved on.
Sounds a lot like my childhood, and my winter blahs

Nicole | Mom to Ciara & Oliver | Finally living aboard & loving it!
unlegal is offline  
#130 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 AM
 
EStreetMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
wooooooow. It is not a small bit RED! Not bright, fake red. But natural looking orangey red. Not what I had in mind. I was thinking more auburn, less orange. Ryan is on his way to new seasons to get the more brown henna. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. It has not been a fun night. Nico has awoken twice, screaming, and inconsolable. Hard to put my best effort in when I'm trying to keep my head off the pillow. Blah. I hope tomorrow's fix works. Oh, there he goes again. Shoot.

Thanks for all the tips Laura, and I'm really glad to here your winter blues have subsided and you're better able to see how wonderful you are.
pics!!! pics!!! pics!!!
EStreetMama is offline  
#131 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 AM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Laura, I was just talking to DH about something similar. It started when I complained about never having a real barbie. I had a Donny and Marie dolls and a Cher but they vanished one day when I went in to go pee. My mother never replaced them. The last bike I got was the one my dad sent the money for on my 8th birthday.. I never did get a 10 speed when I was a teenager. No lincoln logs, not lego's, no dance lessons through the parks and rec.. no softball. I learned at an early age that if it cost money.. don't bother asking for it. We lived 2 hours from the snow but we were NEVER taken up there. We went to Great America ONCE.. it too was two hours away. My mom took us to SF ONCE.. again .. two hours away. Mostly my parents sat on their butts in their bedrooms watching TV. But my brother (the 30 year old that is living with mommy right now) got everything he ever wanted. My mom would come home from work and make dinner.. but then go to her room and watch TV. We would have to clean up the kitchen and then watched whatever til bedtime. We had to go to THEM to tell them goodnight.. they never came and tucked us in. It's no wonder I am not close to my mother at all. It really doesn't bother me at all that I haven't talked to her in 5 months.
aniT is offline  
#132 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 AM
 
cellarstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR (Brooklyn)
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sara, wait for the color to develop first... you may need a browner shade, but that bright orangey red will deepen over 24 hours.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
cellarstella is offline  
#133 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man am I grouchy today. So irritated. Yesterday too, but just a smidge more today. It's that dang cold, here I thought I was over it days ago. Just.So.Exhausted.

Took some pics of the new hair but the camera reeeeeeeeaally doesn't pick up the red. I guess it was a bit wet still too. Now that it's dry it's about 10x more red than it looks in the picture. It's growing on me though, I may keep it. Will decide tonight, although I think the red will win out considering I really don't want to go through the process again with a sick kid and my current level of annoyance.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#134 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
has the recall list been added too? Cause Fred Meyer's just called me about Natures Path Granola bars. Anything I might have bought in the past is long gone by now anyway.
they *called* you?

so now, my cat has to have blood tests too high calcium. either... renal disease, lymphoma, hyperparathyroidism, or, 'nothing'. argh.
spottiew is offline  
#135 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 06:09 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
So we had the meeting for eligibility of services through the school district today. He does qualify under the Autism spectrum disorder and we are planning on taking advantage of those. He will be going to Pre-school. I think it will be a positive support for all of us and I know I can pull him out or stop services if I am uncomfortable with anything.
like a certain preschool, or just that they will help you at any preschool? i thought you didn't want to do preschool?
spottiew is offline  
#136 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 06:23 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
they *called* you?

so now, my cat has to have blood tests too high calcium. either... renal disease, lymphoma, hyperparathyroidism, or, 'nothing'. argh.
Yes.. an I recieved an automated call from Fred Meyer stating that I may have bought this. I am sure the info came from my rewards card profile.
aniT is offline  
#137 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new facebook profile foto features my henna hair. i think I'm going to keep it. Now I feel bad for making Ryan pick up more red on his way home, then turn back and exchange it for brown. I will likely be re-exchanging it for the red.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#138 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Um. I'm letting Nico watch spongebob. Is there a place in hell for me?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#139 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:11 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Um. I'm letting Nico watch spongebob. Is there a place in hell for me?
YES THERE IS!! Noggin doens't show spongebob.

ETA: Levi claims spongebob will rot their brains.
aniT is offline  
#140 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ondemand isn't working so our supply of "educational" garbage is unavailable. gosh darn comcast!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#141 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:17 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
ondemand isn't working so our supply of "educational" garbage is unavailable. gosh darn comcast!
I don't get ondemand. TIVO all the way baby!!! you don't get PBS kids or Noggin?
aniT is offline  
#142 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 07:21 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I don't get ondemand. TIVO all the way baby!!! you don't get PBS kids or Noggin?
I have no idea, we don't really watch tv except for the occasional ondemand sesame. I just scrolled through the guide until I saw a cartoon that looked ok. When it ended, it was replaced by spongebob. It's all going off now anyway.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#143 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 08:04 PM
 
LucyRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 2,333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I saw it and am glad to see it. Stay out you Callies
I'm so two faced on that... I totally wish nobody else would move here 'cause it's MINE! And the traffic and the house prices and and and...but I have lots of Cali transplant friends and appreciate the freshness and vitality that must partially be from the people who move here from somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Awe, that got my insides all gushy. That boy has a very special mom. I'm glad that you're able to tap into these resources now.
Me too! Zoe, you rock. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
I'm completely out of my winter funk and it is AWESOME.

And the more time I put into being a mama, the more I do not understand my parents. I thought parenthood would bring more clarity, but instead I'm like, "what's wrong with you people?
Yay for springtime happiness! I've been feeling much happier when the sun is out. I think this winter is the worst funk I've ever had. I'm glad you're feeling better. I get that, "What have I done?" feeling too. Not in a regretful way, but sometimes it feels kind of crazy. I remember right after my first baby was born, I would wake up and be startled that I had these precious amazing people next to me. MY husband and OUR child. It was overwhelming. Maybe while I was asleep, I had forgotten how BIG my life had become and it took a second to come back to me when I woke up. It was the weirdest feeling. I was so thankful and happy and humbled and also so scared because I felt so vulnerable. We're all just skin sacks full of gushy stuff, and how could I even contain all this love and good fortune? It's good stuff. :

And I'm totally with you on the family thing. Getting pregnant and having kids brought out some serious issues for me around that. Most of my mom friends were saying, "OH now I understand my parents so much more". Not me. I thought, if they loved me in the same way that I love my babies, HOW could they do some of the things they did? But, I try to remember that they were young and they did the best they could with the knowledge and resources they had. It doesn't do me any good to be upset about it. I know they love me in the best way they can. Which is maybe not always the best. I'm lucky that both my parents really want to be around my girls. My mom has even said she was clueless back then, but my dad seems to think everyone needs a rough childhood to toughen them up and as long as you're still alive you should quit complaining.

All the henna talk is making me want to henna my hair. Sara, when I did mine, it was always flaming orange for the first couple days, and then mellowed out like Laura said.
LucyRev is offline  
#144 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post


And I'm totally with you on the family thing. Getting pregnant and having kids brought out some serious issues for me around that. Most of my mom friends were saying, "OH now I understand my parents so much more". Not me. I thought, if they loved me in the same way that I love my babies, HOW could they do some of the things they did? But, I try to remember that they were young and they did the best they could with the knowledge and resources they had. It doesn't do me any good to be upset about it. I know they love me in the best way they can. Which is maybe not always the best. I'm lucky that both my parents really want to be around my girls. My mom has even said she was clueless back then, but my dad seems to think everyone needs a rough childhood to toughen them up and as long as you're still alive you should quit complaining.
I had a conversation close to this today with my dad. I question why some things have happened in my life, especially when I was younger and growing up. I love Campbell so much and I strive to do everything for her. I kinda wonder if my parents did that for me.
Then while I was talking to him about my mom, I said that whats done is done and I can't dwell on it. I can only move on and not make the same mistakes. Forgive and let go, maybe not forget, but def. let go.
I am grateful that my mom and step dad love Campbell as much as they do, but I do wonder why they treat her ten times better than they ever treated me. I am also glad to have my dad and step mom in her life.....they love her in ways that I don't think my rich mom and step dad even know how to.
I guess I am grateful that she gets the best of both worlds. Although I'll never understand why they did what they did or why. Being a mom to campbell does not ever make me think "now I understand my parents more".

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#145 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Being a parent totally helped me to understand my parents better. I'm far more aware of how screwed up they were/are. I used to just kind of "accept" that their perspective on life was reality, when in fact it was just the world viewed through their broken and cloudy lenses. Nico has opened my eyes to a lot of things that I was perfectly willing to let go without benefiting from. But every one of their flaws and eff ups is rich with lessons and learning. It's hard to be angry or resentful towards them when examining them, and myself, and our lives together, brings such depth to my understanding of humanity and our myriad foibles.

Not saying I wouldn't have traded up, but y'know.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#146 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Not saying I wouldn't have traded up, but y'know.
My friend still to this day says, My real family is coming to get me any day now.
aniT is offline  
#147 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alex says, "Mommy, please, please booby"
aniT is offline  
#148 of 667 Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
 
kldliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Oregon
Posts: 1,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kldliam is offline  
#149 of 667 Old 03-06-2009, 12:13 AM
 
cellarstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR (Brooklyn)
Posts: 2,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need bagel-making lessons. The first time I made them, they came out like hockey pucks. This time they are gooey. :

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
cellarstella is offline  
#150 of 667 Old 03-06-2009, 12:17 AM
 
InochiZo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NWxSE
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
like a certain preschool, or just that they will help you at any preschool? i thought you didn't want to do preschool?
It's preschool with teachers experienced with AS (Autism Spectrum) and other disabilities that is completely free because he qualifies for services through the county education district. I am interested in the right pre-school for Elliott, which I have been unable to find that I can afford. He still doesn't like the idea of school but I am willing to try it out if he gets the help that will help him interact in a socially appropriate way. He wants to interact with other people and kids but the skills are not there.
InochiZo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off