PDX in March - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So my parents are going to sell me the car that they originally bought for me. It only has 53,000 miles on it (all of which I put on it) and it's in excellent condition : It's a small 2 door chevy cavalier..but it's a car that can get me around. They'll let me make payments every month like I have been with my Lexus.
I have someone who is willing to do bare minimum fix to the Lexus and then I can list it on craigslist and try to sell it and pay off my loan.
I am so relieved.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 AM

I still have a clogged duct......
I tried to get campbell to nurse but it seemed to only hurt worse I don't ever remember having something like this and I tried massaging and hot shower and nursing...don't know what else to do....

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
Old 03-07-2009, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sigh. I'm considering going to bed now. As in, 7:15 now. Blah and blah.

I can't believe I'm still sick. Really, it blows my mind. How can this be? I can type. I can talk. I can drive a car. But I feel like shit! Stop already!

Tomorrow is my Step mom's 60th birthday party. My dad decided to throw her a surprise party on the frickin' sternwheeler. Everyone is footing their own bill at $70 a head. $70 for a 3 year old. : And we'll probably eat before hand because it's unlikely they'll serve stuff we can eat. If I feel this sick tomorrow, I'm really really really not going to want to be on a boat until 10:30pm. But hell if I want to waste all that money. Sigh.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 03-07-2009, 01:16 AM

yum yum MamaChicken! I think green chili chicken would be my favorite, too. How are those twins doing, btw? I imagine they must be exhausting!

Whenever I buy fruit, it is gone in two days, regardless of what type or how much. Since Maddy can reach the fruit bowl, she will eat bananas back to back until I stop her and have her eat something else! We all eat apples as snacks and Cliff will put away two or three when he's working late at night. So many times I've glanced at the fruit bowl before bed and then thought I'd be eating that the next morning, and then it's all gone! I did some evaluating of buying even expensive fruit, like blueberries, and realized it was more nutrition over cost than a lot of the snack foods like veggie booty that we would buy, so now before buying cheddar bunnies or whatever kinds of convenient snacks I get tempted to keep Maddy satiated with, I go check out the snow peas, cherry tomatoes, grapes, and find that I can get just as much for the same or less money. I guess I just had this weird sense of how much is "expensive" and now it's being altered for the better. That was a big tangent.

I made a kale and beans over rice dish based on this recipe and it was sooo good! I didn't expect it to be all that wonderful. I didn't have any goat cheese and used fresh mozzarella instead, and it was fine. It could even have been made vegan without the cheese and it would have still been amazing. Partly because my beans were made from dried, so much better than canned. And the tomatoes from the freezer from last year's garden, oven roasted.

Hey, Tina, I bet Levi would like that dish! I forgot to add the chili flakes even... but I did use some chili oil. It would be fine without it.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 AM

Aww.... a two door chevy cavalier... sorry, I get nostalgic because that's the car Cliff was driving during our crazy infatuation stage. Not a bad car, Cliff drove it like a rental and it held up just fine. The carseat sitch won't be fun, but hey, you can turn on a dime!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Sigh. I'm considering going to bed now. As in, 7:15 now. Blah and blah.

I can't believe I'm still sick. Really, it blows my mind. How can this be? I can type. I can talk. I can drive a car. But I feel like shit! Stop already!

Tomorrow is my Step mom's 60th birthday party. My dad decided to throw her a surprise party on the frickin' sternwheeler. Everyone is footing their own bill at $70 a head. $70 for a 3 year old. : And we'll probably eat before hand because it's unlikely they'll serve stuff we can eat. If I feel this sick tomorrow, I'm really really really not going to want to be on a boat until 10:30pm. But hell if I want to waste all that money. Sigh.
I wonder if you have what Maddy has... she's totally functional, but stuffed up and talking raspy.

Don't be guilted into going if you don't want to! Just call in sick, send her a nice gift, and spend $70 on a sweet massage.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
I wonder if you have what Maddy has... she's totally functional, but stuffed up and talking raspy.

Don't be guilted into going if you don't want to! Just call in sick, send her a nice gift, and spend $70 on a sweet massage.
Someone fronted the money because they had to book this in advance. So, I'm payin' whether I go or not.

Egh, I don't feel totally functional. Just not non-functional. I want to sleep, but am aware enough that I have the house to myself and it's a friday night that I don't want to waste it. ho hum. Stupid biology.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
There is no way we would be able to afford something like that. I would tell my dad sorry we can't go. Even for two that's a lot of money for someone else's party. I hope you feel better.. since you are saying you dont want to waste the money I assume you already bought the tickets?

Quote:
Hey, Tina, I bet Levi would like that dish! I forgot to add the chili flakes even... but I did use some chili oil. It would be fine without it.
Thanks, I will check it out. I have some Kale I have to figure out what to do with.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Aww.... a two door chevy cavalier... sorry, I get nostalgic because that's the car Cliff was driving during our crazy infatuation stage. Not a bad car, Cliff drove it like a rental and it held up just fine. The carseat sitch won't be fun, but hey, you can turn on a dime!
Yes..it's going to be fun..a small trunk too...oh well..it's in excellent condition and it will get me to work

Old 03-07-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
yum yum MamaChicken! I think green chili chicken would be my favorite, too. How are those twins doing, btw? I imagine they must be exhausting!
They are getting BIG...not to take over answering for Joanna......only coming from their nanny

Old 03-07-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
we probably eat 3 oranges a week.
Wow really!!?? Michael and Marah went through 3 oranges, 2 bananas, and an apple just between them at snack today. Then an hour later Madeline wanted a snack and so of course they all sit down and eat a whole bowl of carrots, another apple, and another banana. They wanted oranges instead of the apple but sadly we were all out. They were so good too. Organic on sale at fred meyer for $0.88 a lb last week.

Okay now that I have read that someone hold me. How are we going to afford to feed these kids when they are older. If they eat this much now it only gets worse right?

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 03-07-2009, 03:12 AM

We're just not big fruities. I'm not a sweets person. Ryan likes cake. We compromise with vegetables "Damn it Ryan, eat a carrot!"

Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Wow really!!?? Michael and Marah went through 3 oranges, 2 bananas, and an apple just between them at snack today. Then an hour later Madeline wanted a snack and so of course they all sit down and eat a whole bowl of carrots, another apple, and another banana. They wanted oranges instead of the apple but sadly we were all out. They were so good too. Organic on sale at fred meyer for $0.88 a lb last week.

Okay now that I have read that someone hold me. How are we going to afford to feed these kids when they are older. If they eat this much now it only gets worse right?
Hehe.. not really. Breanna eats as much as Elizabeth.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
We're just not big fruities. I'm not a sweets person. Ryan likes cake. We compromise with vegetables "Damn it Ryan, eat a carrot!"
I am not big on veggies either.

I grew up thinking they all came out of a can. And all there was was French cut green beans and creamed corn. Oh I knew there was fresh stuff.. my aunt always had it.. and my grandpa grew it til he died.. but my mom never bought it. We never had fruit in the house either.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 AM

When I say we compromise, I mean he wants cake and I kindly suggest a carrot.

I grew up on canned stuff and tv dinners. I have no idea how I turned out loving vegetables so very very much.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:24 AM

hahaha, except that maybe I appreciate them more than I would have otherwise. Duh.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:02 AM

campbell had 3 bananas today, an apple, 2 oranges, handful of grapes, 3 kiwis, a pint of strawberries, 2 handfuls of blueberries, and some cucumber and carrots on her salad.

I just wish fruit wasn't so spendy..I feel like I've spent atleast $50 on fruit just the past couple days..I can't wait for my blueberry plants to start producing and my raspberry bush to start producing. I am thinking I am going to try and grow strawberries this year and maybe invest in some more blue berry bushes.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Good morning! Some times it sucks to be a morning person with morning children. We were up until 10pm doing the tamales (and I still had to put them in the fridge warm) and we were all up at 5am. Well, the twins are still asleep, but the rest of us are up. I really wanted to sleep in a bbit this morning, but Kenna woke up saying "Juice mommy? Bites? Yes?" She seems to have my motabolism - needs to eat immediately upon waking. : No wonder she is almost 30 lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
They are getting BIG...not to take over answering for Joanna......only coming from their nanny
Yes! the boys are getting so big! They were just under 16 lbs each at their 4 mo appt a week ago. They were on the floor the other evening, tummy time about 2 feet apart, looking at each other. I walked into the kitchen and hear them screaming. Run back to the living room and they had squirmed into each other and were bonking heads as they rocked back and forth. Andrew didn't like the headbutting and was screaming at Will, who was screaming because he likes to scream (with a smile on his face).

My family loves fruit too. When I find good apples at the store, I buy 10-12 of them and I'm lucky if they last 2 days. Kenna will eat a bannana every day.

We have a yard this year, so I'm gonna have to invest in some fruit trees and berry bushes. Definately strawberries. And we will probably grow some peas and tomatos. Maybe cucumbers.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Wow, Ericka, is she pooping like it's nobody's business?

My kids will eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day. They're total carb-loaders. They want cereal, crackers, granola bars, stuff like that.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM

Sophia and I eat crazy amounts of fruit over here too. I would say it is the bulk of her diet. I do what Laura said - buy lots of fruit over crunchy snacky things.

Those oranges at Fred's were good Allison. I love sweet juicy oranges but sometimes you get good ones so you buy lots more and then you get yucky ones. Apples are more predictable.

I can't wait til the grapes are from the US again.

I can't believe how many years of my life I spent not eating any fruit or veggies. Like in my twenties. Who knows what I ate? Lots of breakfast sandwiches from Jack n the box. energy drinks and vodka. meal replacement bars. oysters. Fruit is still such a treat to me. I want to buy some oranges now.

things could be better around here.

Is it gonna rain or what?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM

oh dear lard Nico is so high maintenance this morning. Didn't get my morning to sleep in at all. I've finally got a moment to myself with him upstairs and I can hear that he's just pulling things off the shelves and throwing them across the room, on the floor, onto other toys, etc. And Ryan is coming down with the cold too, now.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM

Although, my low grade fever appears to be gone and I can definitly feel the difference, big time. So, that's pretty awesome. My lungs just feel like shit and my insides are coated with colorful phlegms.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
things could be better around here.

Is it gonna rain or what?
Snow, baby. What's going on?

Old 03-07-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Wow, Ericka, is she pooping like it's nobody's business?

My kids will eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day. They're total carb-loaders. They want cereal, crackers, granola bars, stuff like that.
lol...not really...but it's very blue.....

she may be pooping alot...hard to tell since she goes potty on her own

Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChicken View Post
Good morning! Some times it sucks to be a morning person with morning children. We were up until 10pm doing the tamales (and I still had to put them in the fridge warm) and we were all up at 5am. Well, the twins are still asleep, but the rest of us are up. I really wanted to sleep in a bbit this morning, but Kenna woke up saying "Juice mommy? Bites? Yes?" She seems to have my motabolism - needs to eat immediately upon waking. : No wonder she is almost 30 lbs!

Yes! the boys are getting so big! They were just under 16 lbs each at their 4 mo appt a week ago. They were on the floor the other evening, tummy time about 2 feet apart, looking at each other. I walked into the kitchen and hear them screaming. Run back to the living room and they had squirmed into each other and were bonking heads as they rocked back and forth. Andrew didn't like the headbutting and was screaming at Will, who was screaming because he likes to scream (with a smile on his face).

My family loves fruit too. When I find good apples at the store, I buy 10-12 of them and I'm lucky if they last 2 days. Kenna will eat a bannana every day.

We have a yard this year, so I'm gonna have to invest in some fruit trees and berry bushes. Definately strawberries. And we will probably grow some peas and tomatos. Maybe cucumbers.
they are going to be crawling soon....

Old 03-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Someone fronted the money because they had to book this in advance. So, I'm payin' whether I go or not.
I hate this kind of family coercion. If you want to throw a party on a boat, and you have certain people you want in attendance, you should be prepared to pay for those people to attend. I think splitting party costs is OK when everyone is in their 20's, or everyone has little kids...but most of those parties were/are fairly low-cost already. Want something fancy? PAY FOR IT YOURSELF!

I totally would have been, "Oh we would love to attend and celebrate with you, but it just isn't in our budget right now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
"Mac cheese? Mac cheese? Cereal?" Carb-loader here, too. Although he does eat his fair share of fruit and veg. And he LOVES yogurt. I think Chase would eat more bananas if we let him, but he had such constipation issues when he was younger...

Quote:
oh dear lard Nico is so high maintenance this morning. Didn't get my morning to sleep in at all. I've finally got a moment to myself with him upstairs and I can hear that he's just pulling things off the shelves and throwing them across the room, on the floor, onto other toys, etc. And Ryan is coming down with the cold too, now.
Sorry you guys are getting The Cold. It's a lingering one, for sure.

I got to sleep in today. And by sleep in, I mean I woke up at 7am and spent the next half hour or so reading a trashy novel under the warm covers, with no one to disturb me. And then DH took the boy on errands, and now I have the house to myself for the next little bit. Time for

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Carrot cake. That's totally the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
I got to sleep in today. And by sleep in, I mean I woke up at 7am and spent the next half hour or so reading a trashy novel under the warm covers, with no one to disturb me. And then DH took the boy on errands, and now I have the house to myself for the next little bit. Time for
Nice!! I had such an awesome sleep last night. Only woke up once at 3:30 to eat, then went back to sleep and my boys let me sleep until 10am. I cannot BELIEVE how much better I feel! Maybe I won't be quite so nauseous today and can actually enjoy my best friend's engagement party tonight! I'm excited to have an adult night -- Jake's nanny is coming to babysit, first time she's watching him in the evening.

I LOVE fruit. Love, love, love. Except? I'm now tired of winter fruit. We got some ready cut up pineapple from New Seasons a few days ago, and that was heaven. Lasted all of one dessert. And now I'm totally craving cantelope! Hurry up, summer fruit! :
Old 03-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Oh yeah, I'm allergic to most fruits. I guess that's how I got off of 'em, come to think of it. And then the ones that I can eat tend to be cold feeling and they used to hurt my teeth. Weird that I forgot that.

I'm 50/50 on bailing tonight. $210 down the drain. Sigh. I really can't imagine being on a boat at 10pm tonight.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:22 PM

no more clogged duct..pumping works wonders

Old 03-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Nice!! I had such an awesome sleep last night. Only woke up once at 3:30 to eat, then went back to sleep and my boys let me sleep until 10am. I cannot BELIEVE how much better I feel! Maybe I won't be quite so nauseous today and can actually enjoy my best friend's engagement party tonight! I'm excited to have an adult night -- Jake's nanny is coming to babysit, first time she's watching him in the evening.
Sleep is so awesome! I think it's wonderful how many of my mama friends got to sleep in today! I just wish fewer of them were sick.

Are you on a scheduled eating plan? Sounds silly, but when I was pregnant with Chase, I found if I ate SOMETHING really regularly (could have been just one or two goldfish or oyster crackers) it kept me from feeling nauseated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
no more clogged duct..pumping works wonders
Glad to hear it!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

User Tag List