Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ha! got here first??? :
#2 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Okay, I'll come here and spread my good mood cheer. Hello March! I'm happy that I can watch the sunrise on my way to work now, and pretty soon it'll be full daylight by the time I go to work.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#3 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM

Aha! Someone should post a link to this in the old thread.

Hello March, we meet again.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#4 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 PM

In like a lion indeed.
#5 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 08:26 PM

I think we're going to go to that kennedy school concert thing fo sho. I sure don't feel like cooking, and would like to to something officially fun this weekend.

Nico wanted me to take him to school, so we drove over and hung out in the car for a bit. He was so sad. I guess he hasn't felt comfortable talking about it before, or needed some time to process, or something. But, he told me a little more about school, and feeling alone, and crying. It was a nice little talk, though I was fighting back tears as I watched his sweet little face crumble. My sweet little boy.

#6 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

my car is going to cost more than I thought to fix
i'm hungry and really want to go to the grocery store, but i feel bad driving my car when there is no real need....

The only thing I am enjoying today is I turned off my cell phone. It's so nice not getting phone calls...but then I worry about the calls I am missing
on another note..I guess I kinda like FB..i still <3 my myspace and there is no way I could upload as many pics as I have on myspace to FB..but I have found some long lost friends from St. Mary's...i hope they accept me as a friend...oh and I found my boyfriend from my senior year at Camas High....couldn't find my boyfriend that I dated for three years in highschool though.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#7 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Aha! Someone should post a link to this in the old thread.

Hello March, we meet again.
And I promise this one wont go down in flames like last march.. At least.. I wont help it if it does.
#8 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 10:14 PM

i feel like I am missing out on what happened last march

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#9 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 PM

I was gone for four hours and DH did not change Alex's diaper becuase he didn't ask. WTF? I don't know how many times I have told him that SOMETIMES Alex asks to have his diaper changed but he doens't ALWAYS so he needs to check. And before I left I SPECIFICALLY told him he was wearing cloth and to make sure to check his diaper. He has been wearing sposies cause MIL used every last cloth diaper (even old ones that were too small) and I had to wash them. This generally takes a day.. for the whole wash thing to get done.. :
#10 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
i feel like I am missing out on what happened last march
The thread went down in a burning fire of flame. They had to start a new one all together.. I don't remember if it was saved. And it was Sara's first time to start a thread.... something about Marching on.
#11 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 11:02 PM

I March! After 6pm and it's still light out! So glad to be pulling out of the dark of winter. I sure wish my daffodils would bloom, though.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#12 of 667 Old 03-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
I March! After 6pm and it's still light out! So glad to be pulling out of the dark of winter. I sure wish my daffodils would bloom, though.
Yes I do like it staying light later.. what I hate is it staying light until 10 however. Can't we just settle for 7 or something?
#13 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 12:47 AM

Hey Laura or anyone who knows, I bought some henna at New Seasons today. Do you actually use a brush to brush yours on? Think I can get away with an application bottle????? A brush seems so much more time consuming. Also, do you think coconut oil or olive oil will work to keep it from dying my scalp? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
The thread went down in a burning fire of flame. They had to start a new one all together.. I don't remember if it was saved. And it was Sara's first time to start a thread.... something about Marching on.
Hard to believe that was a year ago, but then it also seems like muuuuch longer than that. It was the beginning of some serious changes though, wasn't it.... And here half the thread is gone.

#14 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 AM

Was there a bunch of talk about . . . . "members". Or was it more political. Was it the time when there was a philosophical disagreement about parenting and then everyone started posting UAVs to distract from the philisophical disagreement?

I like facebook alot but I miss having real discussions over here where people I went to high school and college with and my brothers can't see.

Sara, that was really intuitive and loving of you to drive to the school with Nico so he could talk about his feelings. I know it must be hard to hear but you are such a great mom for being willing to listen and help him get through the transition.
#15 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 AM

It was a disagreement that spanned two different threads.
#16 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 AM

Does anyone know how Angie is doing? She hasn't been around since her and her husband split.. I was just wondering how her and the boys were doing.
#17 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 AM

Hey Sara... if your henna is fine enough, an applicator bottle will do just fine. If there are some bigger pieces of leaf matter, then it will clog. Did you get Light Mountain Henna? or the stuff in the little plastic jar... forget the name of it. I haven't used one of those in years, since I switched to skin/temp tattoo quality henna, so I don't remember how consistent they were. I usually rub some oil or oily lotion around my hairline and ears, but immediately wash those areas when I'm done applying the henna anyway. Hennaforhair.com is the place to go to learn about henna. The head of the site is actually working on a PHD in henna (!), so it's really informative.

eta: I'm not sure why I'm wearing sunglasses.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#18 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 03:42 AM

happy march everybuggy!!!! :

just doing some catch-up reading instead of going to bed. must.hit.the.hay

kidfest sounds like it was fun.
#19 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 AM

GRRR...I want to make a CD with my songs from my iTunes...but it's not letting me...it's P.M.O

TTC #3

#20 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 AM

I have fallen in love with this parent duo who sing music...I found em on myspace http://reneeandjeremymusic.com/

TTC #3

#21 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 AM

Does anyone have any My First Leap Pad cartridges/books? There are a bunch on CL in PDX, but I'm not in PDX. I found the game system for $4 at Goodwill, but no games. Anyone?

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#22 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post

I like facebook alot but I miss having real discussions over here where people I went to high school and college with and my brothers can't see.

Sara, that was really intuitive and loving of you to drive to the school with Nico so he could talk about his feelings. I know it must be hard to hear but you are such a great mom for being willing to listen and help him get through the transition.
Thanks

Yeah, I like facebook too but it's definitely got a more superficial quality to it. We can keep posting here, though! Maybe people will come back, maybe not. Maybe new people will come. Here is still here, though.

#23 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Well, remember when we used to start each month with a conversation starter? Pauline, you were really good with coming up with those. Maybe a few people posting quality discussion would make up for the low quantity of posters. Whatchya wanna talk about? :
#24 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Danielle, I have some leappad books up in my attic that someone gave us... is that what you are talking about? I think the pad reads the books and you poke words if you don't know them and it reads them to you. Something like that.

Here's my question for everyone... any big plans for the summer?

and my answer: lots of gardening/preserving, taking the family to my sister's wedding in Chicago in July, and I'd like to visit a farm or two. Aside from helping Cliff with his new business. OK, that was sort of a superficial question, but it's weighing heavily on my mind for some reason.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#25 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Littlest leappad is different from leappad. Of course the cartridges are not interchangeable. And of course I don't think they make either anymore.. they are on to something else making parents buy new systems if they want them. :

We had one littlest leappad.. but I haven't seen it in a very long time. Thanks have a way of vanishing around here. I have a bunch of the leappads though...
#26 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Oh yea.. and we are hoping to go to DC this summer when Levi's work sends him. Gotta come up with airfare for four of us though and then there is the fact that I am scared of flying and DH refuses to travel any other way. Besides I am sure the government is not going to let him have an extra several days off to take a train. If we do make it to DC one of my best friends from high school, whom I haven't seen since her brother died about 6 years ago, lives about an hour away. She said they could come up and stay the night in Dc and then we could spend the day doing stuff. This would be good to do while dh is in training. (the reason he is being sent there.)
#27 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Does anyone have any My First Leap Pad cartridges/books? There are a bunch on CL in PDX, but I'm not in PDX. I found the game system for $4 at Goodwill, but no games. Anyone?
I have a bunch that I have been meaning to list on CL when I find them all. I keep putting them in spots that I will remember and then I forget.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#28 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Happy Birthday Naomi!!! Happy Birthingday to you Allison!! :::

TTC #3

#29 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the music link, ericka. I like it

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#30 of 667 Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM

March IS a great month! Liam's birthday this month, my birthday this month, spring begins...:

We are off to see my sweet boy Caleb in the morning! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page