Crunchy homesteaders in Longview, WA?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are trying to start a farm and there are some areas near Longview we can afford. However, we really value community and want to find some people like us. We are liberal, frugal, homesteaders and we homeschool in a waldorf style. We do not own a tv and don't like buying things for the sake of buying. Any community we could connect with in Longview? People don't have to be just like us, just share some basic values or parenting styles.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 AM

Hi, we aren't in Longview, we're about 30 minutes away in Westport OR, but I thought I'd say hi anyway.

We moved here about a year ago, while I was pregnant. I haven't found any local homeschooling groups, but DD is so little I haven't really started looking.

We are fairly liberal, slightly frugal, and have a small piece of property that we have lots of plans for but haven't made much progress yet, lol. We did have a little garden this year and got a few fruit trees planted. We have a couple chickens and are likely going to get some goats.

I am a SAHM, I cook and make most of our food from scratch and look forward to learning to make cheese and wine, etc. I would love to have a big garden and grow more of our food.

We are pretty easy going and, while fairly crunchy, we aren't strict about it.

It's nice to meet you!

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 AM

hi LunaMay~ Been too long since I checked in here, I almost missed you!
We're crunchy liberal artsy outdoorsy types with some acreage out in rose valley, not strict about anything I can think of, unschoolers for sure. I stay at home with 3yo son, and also value above alot of things 'community'! So we are always iso ......not much here that I have found. We drive to vancouver/camas/portland, and often Astoria for things that we love to do and the kind of people we love to be around
I have one neighbor I have found in five years who is of my 'ilk' and neighbor is saying ALOT because we live so far out lol

nice to meet you

Cait
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks both of you for responding - sounds like there is not a lot of community out that way! We have long been in search of some small community in WA that is affordable and has homesteaders. I don't know if I could take moving somewhere and meeting one like minded friend in 5 years! That would be hard for me.

It was nice to hear from you both - hey maybe you should get together!

Emily
Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 PM

Hi there like minded

Hi my partner and I have 2 kids and their dad lives and works in Portland . I own my own herbal company and am looking to join or start a community with like minded higher vibrating earth respecting people . My number 615-579-1914

User Tag List