PDX December doot-dee-doo - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must be the only one whose periods got LIGHTER after I had a baby. Maybe it's my age? or residual effects of the IUD? I bleed for 3 days, with maybe one day of spotting, and can get away with light tampons or even panty liners most of that time.

In any event, I'm looking forward to my next one...cause after that, we can start trying to get pregnant again! If it doesn't happen in the next 6 months or year, we're done, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
I must be the only one whose periods got LIGHTER after I had a baby. Maybe it's my age? or residual effects of the IUD? I bleed for 3 days, with maybe one day of spotting, and can get away with light tampons or even panty liners most of that time.

In any event, I'm looking forward to my next one...cause after that, we can start trying to get pregnant again! If it doesn't happen in the next 6 months or year, we're done, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
wow Karen! I was expecting poetry when I saw the alignment on your post there, is it just my computer? fingers crossed for you!

ETA: I came back and the funky formatting was gone. I wonder what that was about... it was left aligned with only 5-6 words per sentence when I responded, I swear.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Okay, okay. I am a snoop, too. None of my business.

Have been on FB much more, but I miss a lot about MDC. Any MNO planned besides the cookie exchange which I am too lazy to commit to at this point? Ha! Or maybe I should just come with no cookies and take no cookies? Hmmm... I could grab a side dish at the store.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

Were you using a Mirena? I've heard that about them.

Yeah, mine are pretty crazy, but have always been really heavy, even before kids.

I hope it happens for you, Karen! :
Old 12-10-2009, 03:10 AM

I'm glad that you can put all that yuckiness behind you Allison. What a strange, toxic woman.

re: periods. I have PCOS..so mine have always been weird. Gone for 3 months..then 3 weeks of heavy bleeding. I remember when we were trying to conceive the Dr. told us to have sex every other day until I ovulated. Hello...I have 90 day cycles! DH thought that doctor rocked. LOL

Now I'm a little more regular....I seem to get a cycle every 6 weeks and it lasts about 10 days.

OK...another topic. I'm having these weird recurring dreams.

1. Dreamed I was in bed and had to pee. Got up to use the bathroom in the dream and peed so much that it splashed back up in the toilet and get me wet. Woke up at that point and did go use the toilet.

2. Dreamed I gave birth to a baby in the toilet. (YIKES) - same effect as in the dream before...the sensation of giving birth caused me to wake up and I decided to go use the bathroom.

3. Dreamed I had to pee while we were camping but there were bears. I made my cousin come with me carrying a flashlight so she could fend the bears off with the beam. LOL....the bathroom stall was puke green.

4. Dreamed I wet the bed. (didn't in real life...but it was close)

5. Dreamed I was asleep and had to wake up to pee. Went to the bathroom, came back to bed and fell asleep in the dream. Kept dreaming that same sequence until I actually did wake up in real life to go use the bathroom - at which point I had been through the whole process like 5 times in my dream and it seemed like I was sick of using the bathroom.

Weird right? They've all been within the last week - and I'm sort of sick of toilet dreams. Theories? I'm not drinking a lot before bed. In fact, I've started decreasing my fluid intake just so I won't have these dreams.

Me:
Old 12-10-2009, 12:54 PM

wow, what a wild string of dreams! that's amazing, and weird! did you have another one last night?

I need a refresher on everyone's names. I am Sara, who are you people????

Old 12-10-2009, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=SleepyMamaBear;14778991]oh man, bleeding... i was recently diagnosed with adenomyosis. found after doing an ultrasound to check out my uterus after two months straight of constant bright red heavy bleeding. going through many many many tampons ans pads a day. if you have intense cramping, and really heavy bleeding, i would reccomend talking to your health care provider about it.

[QUOTE]

I went to my doctor several months ago because this has been going on for over a year now but getting worse as time progresses. All I got was a letter saying come back in 6 months if it doesn't improve. They did bloodwork (all fine), pelvic (normal), and an ultrasound and everything looks completely normal there too. I have always had heavy periods. 28-30 days between, lasts for 7 days usually. A few days of moderate bleeding and then light spotting the rest with little to no cramping at all. Now its kind of the same cycle but unpredictable and HEAVY for the first 1-3 days and the rest is just light spotting but the cramps pretty much make me immobile for those three days. I leak all over myself if I don't make it to the bathroom in time to change my protection. I mean blood running down my leg all the way to my socks kind of bleeding. Its bad. My old MW sent me a list of herbs to try and I need to try and find them online and some where find the money for them. It just sucks! And I am sick of changing the sheets all the darn time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmemore View Post
Okay, okay. I am a snoop, too. None of my business.

Have been on FB much more, but I miss a lot about MDC. Any MNO planned besides the cookie exchange which I am too lazy to commit to at this point? Ha! Or maybe I should just come with no cookies and take no cookies? Hmmm... I could grab a side dish at the store.
Bethann just come! You don't have to bake cookies and there will be plenty of food! And you know what you have a new baby I will make extra cookies just for you.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 12-10-2009, 03:21 PM

Drama continued last night with text messages from the DH to Joe until about 11pm. Joe started answering and then he stopped cause it was making him mad. The guy had the nerve to say that he did nothing wrong and that the issue is with me and his wife. Umm okay.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Drama continued last night with text messages from the DH to Joe until about 11pm. Joe started answering and then he stopped cause it was making him mad. The guy had the nerve to say that he did nothing wrong and that the issue is with me and his wife. Umm okay.
Ok so even if that is true.. if it was his wife talking all the time.. Does Joe and Maddy really want to continue a friendship with someone who's wife/mother viciously attacked his/hers on the internet, said her and all her friends who stood up for her were crazy and said she should have her children taken away beucase she smoked? (which I didn't know you did btw. :P ) I smoked while pregnant with Amanda. And let me tell you.. that low birth weight thing is a load. :P Not that I am saying it is the best thing to do.. but it's not the worse thing you can do either and not CPS worthy either. I think that woman is just nuts... maybe her husband is tired of losing friends due to her insanity.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 PM

: Hey Sara! I'm Hedy!

Yeah, I can definitely see what Tina means here. That would be such a hard thing to have to deal with, for all the sane people involved. I can understand why he would have chosen you guys over her for Thanksgiving. How sad is that? I'm wondering if a boundary could be established where communication doesn't happen with him over the internet anymore, but that way Joe can still be his friend? I would imagine being married to THAT, he probably needs them. Badly. Of course after that, you guys might just be done.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Allison, i KNOW all about the bleeding down to your socks, and having to change the sheets daily, waking in pools of blood. it SUCKS. i'm sorry you are going through this. alot can change in a few months, including hormone levels and u/s results...if it is really bothering you definitely bug your health care provider until something is figured out. it took me a few months of this constant bleeding and intense pain til we got it figured out. now the mirena is combating alot of my symptoms, unfortunately now i just spot on and off, never knowing when. but i am not, in excruciating pain nor am i soaking through pads at a scary rate.

wtg Joe! you have a keeper Allison

Sara, this is Tiff

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 PM

if he's texting late into the evening trying to convince Joe of something, he's got his own problems as well. that's too much drama for me.

Hi Hedy!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
if he's texting late into the evening trying to convince Joe of something, he's got his own problems as well. that's too much drama for me.

Hi Hedy!
Maybe he is secretly in love with Joe and is stalking him like a spurned lover? :P

Sara in case you weren't sure.. this is Tina! I was going to do that long ago before Hedy but I got side tracked and thought it would be redundant since my name is in my siggy. Hedy beat me to the punch!

I want cookies.. Hrm...
Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Allison, i KNOW all about the bleeding down to your socks, and having to change the sheets daily, waking in pools of blood. it SUCKS. i'm sorry you are going through this. alot can change in a few months, including hormone levels and u/s results...if it is really bothering you definitely bug your health care provider until something is figured out. it took me a few months of this constant bleeding and intense pain til we got it figured out. now the mirena is combating alot of my symptoms, unfortunately now i just spot on and off, never knowing when. but i am not, in excruciating pain nor am i soaking through pads at a scary rate.

wtg Joe! you have a keeper Allison

Sara, this is Tiff
Ugh. That sounds just awful. Mine have always been heavy, but not like that. Glad you found something that works for you! I've been using the Diva Cup for the past couple years now, and about every third cycle, I will fill it up once an hour. (It holds an ounce.)

I try to keep things simple when I suspect I'll start so that doesn't happen. Doesn't always work out that way.

I had a HUGE photo shoot one day with a big family, piggy backed with a political campaign headshot, and of course it was that day. I'm up and down a LOT, kneeling, standing, sometimes climbing on things, balancing somewhat precariously to get good shots. Not a good day for that to be happening. I was glad I was near a restroom, and was able to just pop out a couple of times, because I really needed to. Not to be an advertisement for Diva, (because I'm starting to sound like one, LOL) but I'm pretty sure it was the reason I wasn't gone more, since it can hold more than a tampon, etc.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Hi Sara! I'm Danita.

Me:
Old 12-10-2009, 06:19 PM

Hi Sara! It's Cynthia. I don't believe we have met IRL...

The Mirena totally reduced my periods to just random spotting. I wish I'd been TTC for those 3 years instead since now I might be past my prime at nearly 44

And here's another just cause I miss smileys on FB

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
Old 12-10-2009, 08:21 PM

everyone tells me the mirena will take care of my problems. our insurance doesn't cover it and so far we haven't had the $900. we need brakes more! (although we really really do not want another baby)

i miss smileys too

i'm jessica
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 PM

I used Mirena in between Maddy and Michael but as I had no issues then I can't tell you if it changed anything. I still got cysts all the time with it but I'm kind of used to those as I have been getting them since I was about 15.

Oh and if anyone can't figure it out I'm Allison. Its hard huh, I choose such unique user names.

The texting thing has always happened (a lot of the day and in the evenings a bit). They text a lot he's SAHD since he lost his job last year and recently has no car so he's pretty isolated at home with the kids as his wife works in PDX. She leaves at 3 am so takes the car. He says that all the private messages were with him and then she joined in later but I don't know when was who. Joe is ready to just cut it off completely. The fact that he even felt the need to start this is crazy and then let his wife lie to me that its him. We need to trade back the girls 18" doll clothes which I will let Joe do.

Move date is set for the 9th!! Anyone wants to help load/unload I'll provide lunch. We think we will have two trips one for house stuff and one for outside stuff. Joe is hoping he can shove the jungle gym in the uhaul with the chicken coop without taking it apart. That and the other outside stuff will be a load all by itself. We'll provide lunch and snacks and its a pretty drive all the way out into the middle of nowhere. We are shooting to get it all done cleaning and everything in one day. Its going to be crazy busy this month thats for sure!

Joe's Christmas party is tomorrow. I am wearing my skirt and had to get sock garters to keep the darn things up. Liking the outfit.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
The texting thing has always happened (a lot of the day and in the evenings a bit). They text a lot he's SAHD since he lost his job last year and recently has no car so he's pretty isolated at home with the kids as his wife works in PDX. She leaves at 3 am so takes the car. He says that all the private messages were with him and then she joined in later but I don't know when was who. Joe is ready to just cut it off completely. The fact that he even felt the need to start this is crazy and then let his wife lie to me that its him. We need to trade back the girls 18" doll clothes which I will let Joe do.
He may not have "let" his wife. Maybe he is mentally abused? Still.. you don't want your family around that.

I am so excited you guys get to move. I can't wait til we are able to move out in the middle of no where.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 PM

Hi Cynthia and Danita!!!!

I AM GOING TO KOREA!!!! In March!!! I am So Dang Excited!!!! Ryan is going for a 4 day conference, and the boy and I are going to tag along like we did when we went to Japan. Except, this time we're going for 2 weeks because Ryan felt ripped off when he didn't have any fun time in Japan. YAY!!!! serious big fat yay!!!! I have such a travel bug in me, this is the greatest news since the Japan trip and maybe getting our house. So, Yay!!!!

Now, to stop hemorrhaging money. And, to figure out geography and safety and transportation and such. Yay and eek!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Hi Cynthia and Danita!!!!

I AM GOING TO KOREA!!!! In March!!! I am So Dang Excited!!!! Ryan is going for a 4 day conference, and the boy and I are going to tag along like we did when we went to Japan. Except, this time we're going for 2 weeks because Ryan felt ripped off when he didn't have any fun time in Japan. YAY!!!! serious big fat yay!!!! I have such a travel bug in me, this is the greatest news since the Japan trip and maybe getting our house. So, Yay!!!!

Now, to stop hemorrhaging money. And, to figure out geography and safety and transportation and such. Yay and eek!
How come I don't get a little dancing heart smilie? I feel so unspecial.

Korea!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! And yay that Ryan is taking some time for a vacation too.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
How come I don't get a little dancing heart smilie? I feel so unspecial.

Korea!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! And yay that Ryan is taking some time for a vacation too.
you didn't say hi! but i will gladly throw some hearts at ya and smile at you adoringly

i'm really excited. and worried, of course. dang it. but mostly excited. i don't know what happened to all the tribes, i tried to find one for korea but most of the non-american tribes are GONE! i know the japan one was reasonably populated when i was poking around there two years ago, i wonder what the deal is.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
I don't recognize Blissfish's name. I was around 16 months ago...
Lucy, I am Rebekah. My MDC handle used to be rsatz, then I changed to something equally weird.

That's all I've got. That & I'm freeeeezing. And busy. SOooooooooo busy. And (as many but not all of you know) sick to death of my life-drama and of thinking about how sad/worried/stressed/crazy most every aspect of my life is (except for the kids, bless their connivingly angelic hearts).

It's fun to be back. And weird. And familiar.

to everybody I know and everybody I don't!!

Also: make it stop!!!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
Old 12-11-2009, 09:26 PM

I'm poking my head in here tentatively. I miss you all. Super busy as always. We've moved to Cornelius. Living with a friend of Lucky's until we can afford our own place. The kids are all doing well, and although I am shocked to say it, Alexia and Lucian are both happy in public school.

I hear housemate coming to use the computer, but I try to get on at least once a day. Hope everyone here is well.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
Old 12-12-2009, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

MDC didn't email me so I had no idea this thread was this long! Also, it logs me out every 2 minutes. Lame!

So... having read the last 50 posts or so I have to try to remember... Sara and Hedy I'd love to have some mama-dates! Amelia does ok when I leave so long as we're set up for success. For instance, today it wouldn't work because she is teething and clingy and grumpier than usual. She just needs to get enough nap and enough nursing just before I leave and then she's OK. I've been leaving her in the Kid's Club at 24hr fitness and while she hasn't been totally thrilled with it, they haven't had to call me back to the room yet. Usually they can distract her with other kids or her favorite book that I make sure to drop off with her.

LucyRev is Nadine!

Oh, and I'll have to see if Leslie can tailor my stuff. I would love to have a sewing mama fix up my clothes!

I got Cliff to show me some weight training stuff at the gym yesterday and UUUGGGH I overdid it! Sore legs... I think they're going to get worse before they get better. But hey, I'm getting strong!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
Old 12-12-2009, 02:22 AM

Location: in a yurt or cabin or tipi out in the woods... or possibly asleep by a fire
<waves to her peeps>

The fam is doing fantastic.

This is going to be a HARD Solsti-mas for us (okay, particularly for ME... I am sure that it will be wonderful, but I am feeling the guilt of not being able to do more).

We have some lights up. The fireplace is going. Spare a cold, everyone is healthy. Things are good.

Squeaker is 5 months old. She is sitting up on her own, starting to crawl, and I am not a total EC failure yet. Such a HAPPY baby. Zugthebug dropped her flat on her face today. No worse for the wear.

Zug is almost 7 years old. He has glasses now. And is rude (part of his charm? yeah.)....

Huck Finn is doing great... he is out skating with his friends. He has expanded his diet from only Taco Bell to also include good home cooked Mexican food. He is quite the sweet older brother to the other two, and is turning into a handsome young man
Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
you didn't say hi! but i will gladly throw some hearts at ya and smile at you adoringly

i'm really excited. and worried, of course. dang it. but mostly excited. i don't know what happened to all the tribes, i tried to find one for korea but most of the non-american tribes are GONE! i know the japan one was reasonably populated when i was poking around there two years ago, i wonder what the deal is.
Yeah, I joined the Dublin, Ireland tribe and have seen exactly 2 updates since I joined in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfish View Post
Lucy, I am Rebekah. My MDC handle used to be rsatz, then I changed to something equally weird.

That's all I've got. That & I'm freeeeezing. And busy. SOooooooooo busy. And (as many but not all of you know) sick to death of my life-drama and of thinking about how sad/worried/stressed/crazy most every aspect of my life is (except for the kids, bless their connivingly angelic hearts).

It's fun to be back. And weird. And familiar.

to everybody I know and everybody I don't!!

Also: make it stop!!!
Ugh. Girl, we need to talk! Miss you! Well, I made a kickass fire today, so I made the stop for a little while. Srsly though. Mama night out soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
MDC didn't email me so I had no idea this thread was this long! Also, it logs me out every 2 minutes. Lame!

So... having read the last 50 posts or so I have to try to remember... Sara and Hedy I'd love to have some mama-dates! Amelia does ok when I leave so long as we're set up for success. For instance, today it wouldn't work because she is teething and clingy and grumpier than usual. She just needs to get enough nap and enough nursing just before I leave and then she's OK. I've been leaving her in the Kid's Club at 24hr fitness and while she hasn't been totally thrilled with it, they haven't had to call me back to the room yet. Usually they can distract her with other kids or her favorite book that I make sure to drop off with her.

LucyRev is Nadine!

Oh, and I'll have to see if Leslie can tailor my stuff. I would love to have a sewing mama fix up my clothes!

I got Cliff to show me some weight training stuff at the gym yesterday and UUUGGGH I overdid it! Sore legs... I think they're going to get worse before they get better. But hey, I'm getting strong!
Yeah, I only just got an e-mail, and came over to see actual posts! From people I remember! Coffee soon?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Burning! View Post
<waves to her peeps>

The fam is doing fantastic.

This is going to be a HARD Solsti-mas for us (okay, particularly for ME... I am sure that it will be wonderful, but I am feeling the guilt of not being able to do more).

We have some lights up. The fireplace is going. Spare a cold, everyone is healthy. Things are good.

Squeaker is 5 months old. She is sitting up on her own, starting to crawl, and I am not a total EC failure yet. Such a HAPPY baby. Zugthebug dropped her flat on her face today. No worse for the wear.

Zug is almost 7 years old. He has glasses now. And is rude (part of his charm? yeah.)....

Huck Finn is doing great... he is out skating with his friends. He has expanded his diet from only Taco Bell to also include good home cooked Mexican food. He is quite the sweet older brother to the other two, and is turning into a handsome young man
I am sure this year will be difficult. Such a strong woman to hold it together. Glad everyone is doing good

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
Old 12-12-2009, 01:24 PM

Location: in a yurt or cabin or tipi out in the woods... or possibly asleep by a fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
I am sure this year will be difficult. Such a strong woman to hold it together. Glad everyone is doing good
Thank you! I must say that the last year of our lives has been iiiiiiiinsane. It is still insane, but just feels more stable, normal, and settled (time and the human condition; after a while, things must go on, life must be life). We do have amazing and strong friends that have helped hold us up and hold us together. And of all things, Facebook has been good - it makes it easy to stay connected even when I feel like isolating!

I have amazing children, a lot of love and light in my life even in the darkest of dark times, and I just keep on truckin' somehow!!!!

How are you?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:56 PM

I am Season Holiday angsting. This is supposed to be fun, right? I have VERY little $ this year (got almost $700 LESS this month than planning, and foodstamps cut off). I know, whine whine whine. If someone was posting this and I was replying, I would likely (well, ignore it because it is whiny, hehe) talk about the importance of family, ritual, memories, and experiences instead of presents. But bollocks! Since I am the one stressing, I think that it is a big deal and I feel damn sorry for myself!!

User Tag List