PDX December doot-dee-doo - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2009, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any news after she called the insurance company?

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 02:38 AM

Yeah, she said it was all straightened out and the entire stay would count as '09. And... once again there was no talking her out of anything. I know if I were there, I would not be able to keep my mouth shut, or I would have anxiety issues, etc., etc., etc... I wouldn't not be able to advocate for her, and that's hard since she is choosing everything I would advocate against, just to get the baby out. No idea what to think, because again, she never struck me as the type of person who would do all of this. But we have all tried to talk her out of it, and she is still dead set on it.

Hearing the details about what is about to happen sure brought back a ton of trauma for me. I processed for a long time this morning with my mom, and we kind of decided together that I should bow out. She also thought it would be best for me to just have Todd call her and let her know I wouldn't be there, so I wouldn't get emotional when I was on the phone with her, which could also be upsetting. I got through the call OK, then broke down and cried for a while longer... then met up with a friend, and processed a bunch more.

I thought I was over that, but I'm starting to think you are never over it.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, she said it was all straightened out and the entire stay would count as '09. And... once again there was no talking her out of anything. I know if I were there, I would not be able to keep my mouth shut, or I would have anxiety issues, etc., etc., etc... I wouldn't not be able to advocate for her, and that's hard since she is choosing everything I would advocate against, just to get the baby out. No idea what to think, because again, she never struck me as the type of person who would do all of this. But we have all tried to talk her out of it, and she is still dead set on it.

Hearing the details about what is about to happen sure brought back a ton of trauma for me. I processed for a long time this morning with my mom, and we kind of decided together that I should bow out. She also thought it would be best for me to just have Todd call her and let her know I wouldn't be there, so I wouldn't get emotional when I was on the phone with her, which could also be upsetting. I got through the call OK, then broke down and cried for a while longer... then met up with a friend, and processed a bunch more.

HUGS. I'll pray that she avoids the knife then, because it sounds like that's all we can do at this point.

I too thought I was over things, but after visiting the hospital again the week (FIL) I don't know that I will ever be over it either. I just get sick stepping foot into a hospital now. HUGS & prayers to you too, I know how hard this must be for you & know that us ICAN girls are here for you if you need to chat!

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

Old 12-31-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

Its been 9 years since my c/s. It was not overly tramatic (as in I just thought this was the way it should be, later as I learned it was very upsetting) and I didn't even think anything of it until I was pg with Michael and was told I would be "allowed" to try a VBAC. I too don't think this is something you "get over" We will remember the births of our children for our entire lives. How respected or un-respected we felt, was it peaceful, was it crazy, all the little details can pop up at any time. I am really surprised sometimes when the littlest thing brings something up that I hadn't conciously thought about in a long time, if ever. Hedy I am praying today for a smooth birth and also calming thoughts for you as I know this is not far from your mind today.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 01-01-2010, 01:02 AM

Well, the outcome that I was hoping wouldn't happen is happening.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:20 AM

That sucks, I am so sorry!

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 AM

Yeah, not sure what to think. They think it was true CPD, because she pushed for 2 hours. I wonder if it was a lip, but have no way to get a straight answer there, since no one I'm talking to knows what that is, or is willing to look into it. Ugh. So... in 4 minutes she goes under the knife.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:51 AM

I'm sorry Hedy. Sending healing vibes to the mama and welcome to the world baby Violet!!

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Old 01-01-2010, 08:21 AM

Forgive me, but what is a true CPD? I am sad for the mama and baby. But mostly sad that they and those surrounding them also think that it's just the way things need to be. And that they more than likely will never know, even if given the chance.

On a lighter note, I am happy that there is a new baby in the world, and a mother and father were born, too.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 PM

CPD is Cephalopelvic Disproportion. It occurs when the baby's head is too large to pass through the pelvic bones. The head was well-moulded. I think if I were to take a look at the head, I might be able to tell what really happened. Sounds to me like she was either posterior, or got hung up on the pubic bone. I forgot to ask if she was having back pain.

I'm wondering now how common posterior, or at least malpositioned babies are with inductions -- especially in inductions where the bag of waters is manually broken, thus forcing the head against the edge of the cervix prematurely, perhaps impeding the normal rotation the baby makes at birth? Hm... time to check some stats. I want her sister (who is also pregnant, due this spring,) to succeed, and I also would like to help her if she has another and wants a successful VBAC.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Please do let me know stats that you find. I'm a freak for this stuff. I wish people could just trust birth. It blows.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM

My Etsy store did better than I was expecting and now I'm in the market for a brand spanking new pressure canner.

Any suggestions. Looking for something that can do 6-7 quarts at a time. I'd love to be able to can left over soups and such. I just don't eat them when I freeze the left overs.

Me:
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwonamesalike View Post
My Etsy store did better than I was expecting and now I'm in the market for a brand spanking new pressure canner.

Any suggestions. Looking for something that can do 6-7 quarts at a time. I'd love to be able to can left over soups and such. I just don't eat them when I freeze the left overs.
All American 921. Or it's Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry sister. Whichever you find for a better price at the time.

I've had mine for... 3 years now? And still adore it. You do get what you pay for, especially with those suckers, even more so if you do a fair amount of canning. Which I do. If you only plan to pressure can 2-3 times a year, a cheapo Presto from Walmart may work fine. If you're rotating 300+ cans through the canner a season/year, you'll love the 921.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 AM

Thank you! I was hoping you would chime in.

Off to order it now. We don't rotate 300 + cans...but do rotate through at least 100 a season. Probably more if we had a pressure canner.

Have I mentioned how stinkin' excited I am that you're moving to PDX? I got into gardening after finding your blog. ;-)

Me:
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 AM

Well, once you have the pressure canner you can do green beans, spaghetti sauce, your own chicken, turkey and vegetable stocks, etc. You might be surprised. I haven't bought any chicken stock in like 2 years, it's pretty cool.

I've been canning chicken stock lately to use up carcasses in the freezer (like if I'm not in the mood to cut veggies then and there to let them simmer for a day or two). Once I have beasts out of the freezer I might be able to pack it away in the storage unit for a few months.

Well, if you're that excited, if/when we finally get our house here on track for closing, you can help find us a rental. That isn't considered "big" at 1100sf with a "large, open" yard that's about enough room for 5 planters. Holy moly, those CL ads drive me nuts. That's not nearly enough room to include a (well, my) pantry and a place for the homeschool stuff to reside (I'm too messy to be able to do that at the dining table and clean it up for meals a few times a day, I know myself). And I have no qualms putting people to work digging/planting for me, I don't think. We'll see.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)

User Tag List