Mothering Forum banner

PDX December doot-dee-doo

6K views 164 replies 25 participants last post by  lmonter 
#1 ·
Just starting this thread in the hopes that someone will come share with me the kind of juicy details we don't want to share in more expansive communities.

Like how insane my hormones have been since getting AF back.

Or how doing a little yardwork is a constant panic situation as my baby runs straight for the concrete with her little face destined to come in contact with it for... what, the 6th time in the last four weeks?

Or how my 3 year old is my best friend.

What can you say here that you wouldn't want to say elsewhere?

See less See more
#29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post
Is it sad that I only logged in so I could see what Allison was trying to say on Facebook. HAHAH. HI
long time no MDC .lol
Lol. Same. Whoops!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
i would just ignore it and assume that she has oddities beyond my understanding that have nothing to do with me.

#30 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I got that you friend requested her...

I just find it strange that she doesn't join her family when they visit you. Yes she might work a lot.. I dunno it just seems weird to me.
Yeah I thought it was weird too but she was adamant that she wasn't coming.

#31 ·
That is a strange reaction to a friend request. Forget her. Have fun hanging out with the normal part of the family and call it good.

Can I ask a goofy logistical question of you gals? Any really awesome rental companies/landlords in SW Portland or Washington County? Or really awful, sucky ones to stay far, far away from? For when we can actually start looking for a place down there.

#33 ·
OK so there is no further explanation for other comments.
Whatever happened now.. just ignore her. I know it is disappointing since you like her family and probably had thoughts of your families getting together and doing fun things but obviously she is a brick short so I would just not engage any further.

#35 ·
boo! speaking of periods, I can feel mine coming. i had kind of been hoping (and adjusting my drinking accordingly
that our first weekend away last month was going to knock me up. It was right around ovulation, after all. Bleh. According to that chinese gender calender thing that mothering shows, last month was my last chance for a girl for like 9 more months! bleh2. oh well, i can resume my spiked cider habit now.

It was good to see you too Laura! In fact, I was just trying to figure out when I might have some nights free for a Laura date, but gawdang this crazy month! how have your nights away from the girls been going?

#38 ·
Wow Allison... yeah I'd just ignore it and don't bother with her. That's really lame of her.

Amelia's bonding with Cliff in a big way these days, it's so cute! She sits on his lap and waves and says, "hi!" She has a special spot next to him on the couch that she gravitates to. And of course she wins him over from anything he's doing with her charming smile!

There's this store online with some beautiful clothes (professional/dressy) and they were having an AMAZING sale so I went for it and bought some, but their size charts were all wrong! They're all two sizes too big. And of course because of the big sale, no returns or exchanges... I don't know if I should try getting them tailored or if I should just consign them. I could probably get my money back, but I won't get back that beautiful teal silk wrap dress or merino wool pants. I'm afraid to find out how much tailoring will cost.

#39 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Wow Allison... yeah I'd just ignore it and don't bother with her. That's really lame of her.

Amelia's bonding with Cliff in a big way these days, it's so cute! She sits on his lap and waves and says, "hi!" She has a special spot next to him on the couch that she gravitates to. And of course she wins him over from anything he's doing with her charming smile!

There's this store online with some beautiful clothes (professional/dressy) and they were having an AMAZING sale so I went for it and bought some, but their size charts were all wrong! They're all two sizes too big. And of course because of the big sale, no returns or exchanges... I don't know if I should try getting them tailored or if I should just consign them. I could probably get my money back, but I won't get back that beautiful teal silk wrap dress or merino wool pants. I'm afraid to find out how much tailoring will cost.
Is there a sewing mama who can help you? I would be annoyed and tell them their size charts were wrong and see if you can exchange them for the correct size first though.

#40 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by notwonamesalike View Post
hehe...I did the same thing.

and *waving* hi! To lmonter! My gardening inspiration.
lol Maybe if everyday someone posts some criptic more in the big thead fb post the thread will not die. lol

And yeah that about lmonter!! Inspiration for sure!!

Tina, I replied to her last night and guess I shouldn't have. I Said something along the lines of she doesn't have to add me as a friend if she doesn't want to and that I had thought it would be nice to get to know each other better since our families are together so much and that our girls are such good friends. She responded with some attutide along the lines of from what she has heard of me we have nothing in common at all or something like that and some other stuff. I am just going to leave it. Funny though because she knows Joe just as much as me and has him friended on there so I thought this was just a no big deal kind of thing.

So all ready posted on FB but this is big thread worthy news.
We will know by friday if we get the house. They are fine with us having chickens, lots of chickens if we want! I am thinking a few more egg layers, meat birds at some point and turkeys next year for Thanksgiving!!! They said go ahead on the garden, I can plant a huge garden!!! And there are tons of blackberries up there. Bad news is no cell coverage at all and dial up internet. So not sure how that is going to work with an online business that requires lots of photos but we shall see. I am excited!!!

#41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post

Ask Leslie!! She sews amazing clothes (much better than I do lol) so I am sure she could alter some things and I bet she'd do a deal for ya.

#42 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
So all ready posted on FB but this is big thread worthy news.
We will know by friday if we get the house. They are fine with us having chickens, lots of chickens if we want! I am thinking a few more egg layers, meat birds at some point and turkeys next year for Thanksgiving!!! They said go ahead on the garden, I can plant a huge garden!!! And there are tons of blackberries up there. Bad news is no cell coverage at all and dial up internet. So not sure how that is going to work with an online business that requires lots of photos but we shall see. I am excited!!!
I'm kind of weirded out on the friend request thing myself. It is stressful.

Yay on the house and big gardens and mini farms! I will tell ya though, dial up sucks bad for business. We have it at our house (plus a really old computer) and it would take hours to print shipping labels and edit my site. I gave up trying to upload photos. We only use it for checking email and I have my graphics software on there that is offline. I have wireless at the shop instead. You can make it work, but it takes forever.

#43 ·
Good luck with the house, the FB ridiculousness, and mas more, Alison!

Laura - wishing I had been your size in this decade so I could gift you with dressy clothes that are smaller than your sale fiasco.

Also? My first MDC post in um, 16 months? HiYA!

#46 ·
I don't recognize Blissfish's name. I was around 16 months ago...

Laura, if your clothes were my own, I would alter them for myself but I don't feel confident enough in my skills to touch somebody else's silk dress and wool pants. Maybe someday
. I'm so glad to hear that you're getting some time to yourself and Amelia is snuggling up to daddy.

Allison, I agree with the others...let that strange lady's comments roll off. I might be reading too much into it, but it sounds like she finds you threatening in some way, if she knows enough about you to think you have nothing in common. Maybe she has low self esteem or maybe she doesn't trust women, or whatever it is, it isn't about you. She didn't need to be so rude about it. What does your husband think? If I were him, I might be wanting to defend you to this woman.

The house news is quite exciting. Good luck with the internet & cell service. The dial-up would be a total deal breaker for my geek husband.

#48 ·
Subbin', even though I have NOTHING to say a the moment. I might later.

Oh, I know. Allison, I would have told her that "you are friends with my husband. Reason enough." That might get her to dump, Joe, though. I don't understand her concern...it's not like you couldn't read her status updates, see photos, etc. through Joe's account if you really wanted to :headscratch:

And Hooray about the house!
that you get it. re: the dial-up...do you have a laptop? Wondering if you can have it all ready to go, then pop into a wireless hot spot (Starbucks?) to upload things.

#49 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
boo! speaking of periods, I can feel mine coming. i had kind of been hoping (and adjusting my drinking accordingly
that our first weekend away last month was going to knock me up. It was right around ovulation, after all. Bleh. According to that chinese gender calender thing that mothering shows, last month was my last chance for a girl for like 9 more months! bleh2. oh well, i can resume my spiked cider habit now.

It was good to see you too Laura! In fact, I was just trying to figure out when I might have some nights free for a Laura date, but gawdang this crazy month! how have your nights away from the girls been going?
with campbell it was right. with this one it was wrong. I also did that intelligender -wrong.
Some girls in my DDC went to http://ingender.com/Gender-Selection...ving-Girl.aspx
some swear by it

#50 ·
Well Joe unfriended her earlier tonight (I told him he didn't have to but he wanted to) and she emailed him a bunch of crap afterwards. She wants nothing to do with anything I do blah, blah, blah. Makes me seriously wonder what she thinks I do that is so appalling? Also makes me wonder what her DH tells her about me because he is the only one that I know that she also knows.
I may unfriend him just because this all feels so icky but I don't want to sever everything. I really enjoy spending time with him and his kids I think they are wonderful people!

#51 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
S

And Hooray about the house!
that you get it. re: the dial-up...do you have a laptop? Wondering if you can have it all ready to go, then pop into a wireless hot spot (Starbucks?) to upload things.
Thats what Joe suggested. Twice a month Starbucks visits to upload things. lol It'd be a long Starbucks visit as I usually take about 4 hours to get it all done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.